• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

There was something caught at SDCC that may have revealed there is more than one villain in the movie.

New Spider-Man: Homecoming Villains Accidentally Revealed At Comic-Con

In addition to the confirmation that Vulture will be the villain of Spider-Man: Homecoming, it's now being said that at a toy panel, two more villains were revealed.

A user on Twitter (via reddit) posted that he attended the Diamond Select Toys Minimates Panel where they seemingly confirmed Shocker and Tinkerer are a part of the movie.

Apparently the panelists seemed to think it was common knowledge that Tinkerer and Shocker were in Spider-Man: Homecoming as they said, "...we want to do a full Homecoming line: Vulture, Shocker, Tinkerer..."

:o

Could Keaton actually be either Shocker or Tinkerer?

4f034aa1c1378.jpg

2055181-tinkerer.png

I would think Tinkerer would be it.

I'd prefer the stupid Vulture and Tinkerer NOT be in this movie.

Lame villains.

My first thought as well.

They would be better off with rebooting Green Goblin, or even Dr. Octopus. None of the villains listed are A list spidey villains.

That being said, maybe they could introduce Osborn and Octavius to set them up as future villains?

Spider-Man: Homecoming Sequels Could Follow Pattern Similar To Harry Potter

Homecoming seems to be a true return to a high school based Peter Paker and if the studio goes with its original plan, the following sequels will adhere to a timeline that coincides with Peter's trek through school.

Collider recently spoke to Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige at San Diego Comic-Con, where he touched on their vision for the film and future sequels.

“Should we be able to make more after that? Sure. This is sophomore year, is the next one junior year? Is the next one senior year? Is there a summer break between each of those? I don’t know what, but it was sort of how do we do a journey for Peter not dissimilar for what the students of Hogwarts would go through each of their years, which was one of the early ideas we had for the movies.”

“The first step was reintroduce a new Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe in Civil War and have people leave the theater saying, ‘I love that Spider-Man. I wanna see more of him.’ I think that’s happened. The next step is making a great Spider-Man: Homecoming and a great film that showcases Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and makes everybody fall in love with him all over again.”

Lame villains.

They would be better off with rebooting Green Goblin, or even Dr. Octopus. None of the villains listed are A list spidey villains.

That being said, maybe they could introduce Osborn and Octavius to set them up as future villains?

Vulture might not be the most popular villain they could've gone with, but I think it would be more unrealistic having a 15 year older Peter Parker face the Green Goblin or anybody similar for his first enemy.

Lame villains.

Vulture might not be the most popular villain they could've gone with, but I think it would be more unrealistic having a 15 year older Peter Parker face the Green Goblin or anybody similar for his first enemy.

.... makes sense to me..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Vulture is a great first villain for young SPidey IMO NO REBOOTS of Villians please. I also prefer only 1 villian

Amazing Spider-Man 2 (and even Spider-Man 3) unfortunately demonstrated how challenging a story can be when you spread a story thin like that to fit in a larger amount of characters.

Knowing the MCU, the Tinkerer is probably also someone else that Tony Stark pissed off in the past...Stark and he will have some kind of relationship, I'm sure.

D

It's a sure bet since every other superhero has some sort of relationship to Tony Stark somehow.

I might be the only person who is bugged that Peter Parker gets his Spider-Man costume from Tony Stark. It just isn't the Peter Parker I grew up with, so it's a little hard to accept.

Tom Holland Drops Spider-Man: Homecoming Spoiler

The films sees Spider-Man having mechanical web shooters, with footage revealed at Comic-Con of Peter Parker secretly making web fluid in class. Now Tom Holland offers further details about Spider-Man's webbing to Entertainment Tonight while being interviewed at the SDCC.

"We working on different ways of doing it," Holland said about Spider-Man's wrist movement that shoots the webbing. "For different types of webs, you see. There's not just [makes the number one with his hand]... Oh, I might have given something away there."

Tom Holland continues and shows off the classic Spider-Man wrist movement with mention they are doing something in Spider-Man: Homecoming (in addition to the new wrist movements and webbing accidentally mentioned above) that hasn't been seen before in any of the movies.

"It's like this. What we really want to try and [show] is grabbing the web," Holland said. "We've never seen anyone... It's always just like 'it sticks to him, so now we have to grab [the web].' So that's our big thing of the moment."

As they are rebooting Spider-Man, while I was initially not a fan of Vulture and now the with news of potentially the Tinkerer and Shocker being involved...I am coming around.

I could see Keating being the Tinkerer who has some sort of beef with Tony Stark (drummy, jrjr said it first) and it is he who creates the Vulture wings and/or Shocker armor...Maybe he "rips off" the Falcon's design and Whiplash tech to create Vulture and Shocker?

As great as Doc Ock was in Spider-Man 2, lots of people still remember him. We need time to wash off the stink that was the last Goblin. Doc Ock and Goblin are two of Spidey's biggest villains. Save them for later. As much as I would have preferred another villain, starting off with a few "lower tier" Spidey villains might be a good way to reboot the franchise.

Regardless of the changes, I will be there opening night.

YJnCrep.jpg

Thanks to the effectual Atlanta photographer that goes by @AtlantaFilming on Twitter, we have yet another cool photo from the set of Spider-Man: Homecoming in the Georgian city. This time, we have a high-definition close-up of Tom Holland (or his stunt double) donning his superhero wall-crawling threads. More precisely, we have a much better look at Spidey’s new web-shooters, which are definitely mechanical devices much like in the comics as well as The Amazing Spider-Man films, as opposed to the organic webbing in the original trilogy.

Donald Glover On Being in ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’

atlanta-image-slice-600x200.jpg

Glover was also asked about his role in Spider-Man: Homecoming, which he could not — of course — talk about. But he did say that he didn’t catch Marvel’s attention so much as “it was kind of an accident, I wasn’t really out there trying to do that, the internet kind did that. But now I get to see it from the inside, which is all you can ask for as a fan.”

hm

What role would social media have an influence on leading to his casting?

Scratch that role off the Michael Keaton list.

Spider-Man Homecoming Adds Michael Chernus as The Tinkerer

tinkerer-194301.jpg

Michael Chernus has been cast as The Tinkerer aka Phineas Mason in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Deadline reports. This makes the second confirmed villain in the film, with Michael Keaton as a heavily technological version of The Vulture. The report expects the pair to be playing off each other considerably in the film.

Homecoming, the first joint production between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios, firmly places Tom Holland as Spider-Man inside the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while still being primarily produced and distributed by Sony. Jon Watts is directing the film, which will focus on the young Peter Parker in his Sophomore year of high school, freshly back from his adventures alongside Iron Man and the rest in Captain America: Civil War.

Chernus has appeared most recently as a series regular on Orange is the New Black on Netflix, and has had supporting roles in various films and TV shows.

Scratch that role off the Michael Keaton list.

Spider-Man Homecoming Adds Michael Chernus as The Tinkerer

tinkerer-194301.jpg

Michael Chernus has been cast as The Tinkerer aka Phineas Mason in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Deadline reports. This makes the second confirmed villain in the film, with Michael Keaton as a heavily technological version of The Vulture. The report expects the pair to be playing off each other considerably in the film.

Homecoming, the first joint production between Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios, firmly places Tom Holland as Spider-Man inside the Marvel Cinematic Universe, while still being primarily produced and distributed by Sony. Jon Watts is directing the film, which will focus on the young Peter Parker in his Sophomore year of high school, freshly back from his adventures alongside Iron Man and the rest in Captain America: Civil War.

Chernus has appeared most recently as a series regular on Orange is the New Black on Netflix, and has had supporting roles in various films and TV shows.

Looks a little young for the part. I'm guessing this is going to be another MCU character that has the same name but different look than his comic counterpart.

Spider-Man Homecoming: Is Bokeem Woodbine Playing The Shocker?

TPWKtod.png

Bokeem Woodbine is no stranger to franchise entertainment; even if you leave aside his fan-favorite role in the Fargo TV series (based on a movie), he's appeared in movies like Riddick and the 2012 remake of Total Recall.

Now, it seems, he may be menacing Marvel and Sony's jointly-owned webslinger in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

While Michael Keaton's The Vulture is reportedly the big bad of the film, Spidey will apparently butt heads with The Shocker, an tech-powered character who can create seismic disruptions with a pair of gauntlets he created. Expect him to provide some firepower to the physically-unimposing, flying mastermind.

He was really good in Fargo Season 2.