• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 110 Back from CGC - Taking last guesses!

29 posts in this topic

This book is currently at CGC and it should be back soon.

Notes: The top edge of the back cover is folded over. The damage is visible in the scan.

This book will be pressed (already has been). These are the before pressing scans. I know that makes things more difficult/inexact.

Thank you!

st110_zpsocy331zg.jpg

st110b_zpss4ciboee.jpg

I don't think anything the press improves can offset the rusty staple. I also suspect there is rust migration to the paper. The wrinkles and ripples, along with the rusty staple, indicates a moisture problem, possibly moisture stains but I don't see anything. 4.5 seems right but CGC grading with rusty staples is a fuzzy area. A tick in either direction would not surprise me. Good luck !

looks like a stain at the bottom right. If so I'm going with 4.0

On the front cover? No. I believe the area you are looking at is smudging. Heavy smudging in the black area.

On the back cover there are 2 small, less than a dime sized, light stains by the staples.

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this.