• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst movie you've seen this year

105 posts in this topic

Batman and Robin.....never should have been made. George Clooney he does not need to be in any comic movies period!

You just now saw Batman & Robin?

Batman and Robin.....never should have been made. George Clooney he does not need to be in any comic movies period!

Set the WayBack Machine for 1997 Sherman!!

giphy.gif

I'm a little surprised Lucy hasn't been mentioned. I heard from a variety of people it wasn't very good.

Not if you watch it on "mute".....that works for any film ScarJo is in...

tumblr_n3f9gvZS951rlb6iho1_400.gif

I actually thought Birdman was terrible. Maybe the end was better but I turned it off after an hour or so.

It wasn't. Whatever was clever about the film was done in the first half. I didn't hate it, but found it highly overrated.

I don't watch a ton of movies, but Mockingjay was pretty lame. Pretty boring actually. I haven't been impressed with any of the HG movies so far.

More recently (2015), The Gambler was pretty terrible.

Well, spent a sick day at home and watched the new Robocop. Oh god.

Not only did it lack everything that made the first one great ( characters, clever satire,...plot!) but just as a separate movie altogether it wasn't anything but a mess. Yawn inducing 'action' scenes, a horrible soundtrack, bad pacing and no real plot (The character arc of Robocop himself was non-existent, basically was the exact same person he was prior to getting rebuilt - no questioning his humanity, discovery, or struggle). Ugh.

Also "Hey guys, Robocop is coming here soon. We should turn off all the lights and use inferred goggles to fight him!!!"...SIGH...the best plan a group of well prepared criminals could come up with was to turn off the lights against a foe with advanced sensors, and use a thermal based imaging system to see him even though he was made of nothing but cold steel and offered very little heat signature? Did no one question that scene during development?

Mockingjay was a loser, Struggled to stay awake during most of it.

Yagreed. That movie was awful.

Normally, a Jennifer Lawrence movie would get four stars from me, but this was one of her most disappointing efforts. The whole filmmakers trying to find Katniss's "moments" so we could have a "moment" was getting too cliched everytime one happened "If we burn, you will burn!". Some of the CG exterior shots looked like it was from a videogame and poor interior lighting of characters in the bunker. Did Prim's cat get more screentime than Woody Harrelson too? I wouldn't say this movie was Batman & Robin terrible, but not a movie a lot of people will have in their Blu Ray collection either. Two stars.

Under the Skin - top 5 on Metacritic for 2014; i thought it was terrible.
Oh God, I thought it was just me. Bought it on a blind buy. It looked beautiful, but I just couldn't get it. Was actually thinking about picking up the book on kindle soon.

The biggest mistake those movies made was Shailene Woodley's haircut.
She's a cutie with it like that and has always been a bit of a tomboy anyway. See her in her overalls in the Insurgent behind-the-scenes on the Mockinjay Blu Ray (just don't buy it lol ).