• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst movie you've seen this year

105 posts in this topic

Under the Skin - top 5 on Metacritic for 2014; i thought it was terrible.
Oh God, I thought it was just me. Bought it on a blind buy. It looked beautiful, but I just couldn't get it. Was actually thinking about picking up the book on kindle soon.

your Boston showing through :D

The Drop. Who knew a movie with Tony Soprano and Bane could be so boring?

Wow, that movie was great! Good suspense, good twist. Excellent mood and details. If you didn't like it, you should stay away from God's Pocket, which I saw last night and also liked.

+1. Opinions ARE like a'holes tho, everyone's got one. But boring?? How about "dark, moody/atmospheric and quite clever".

Of course this generation supports Michael Bay.

Under the Skin - top 5 on Metacritic for 2014; i thought it was terrible.
Oh God, I thought it was just me. Bought it on a blind buy. It looked beautiful, but I just couldn't get it. Was actually thinking about picking up the book on kindle soon.

your Boston showing through :D

:whee:

But, I actually live in New Boston, so who's stupid now, whatever his name was? (shrug)

Wow, that movie was great! Good suspense, good twist. Excellent mood and details. If you didn't like it, you should stay away from God's Pocket, which I saw last night and also liked.

+1. Opinions ARE like a'holes tho, everyone's got one. But boring?? How about "dark, moody/atmospheric and quite clever".

TMNT was horrible.

I thought that the worst movie that I have seen this year was Birdman. Have no idea how it could have won Best Picture of the Year,

Worst movie I saw in the last year was The Babadook

"The Room"

This is the worst movie ever made but it's well worth a look. I laughed my off when I watch it. The worst acting, editing etc. I have EVER seen. It makes Mockingjay look like an oscar winner..

Agreed, a movie that is so bad it feels like it is 3 hours long. I've seen it twice for some reason.

Batman and Robin.....never should have been made. George Clooney he does not need to be in any comic movies period!

You just now saw Batman & Robin?

Batman and Robin.....never should have been made. George Clooney he does not need to be in any comic movies period!

Set the WayBack Machine for 1997 Sherman!!

giphy.gif

it was so bad that it needed to be mentioned in this thread no matter what....THE WORST...

I only saw the first Hunger Games flick, and found it almost unwatcheable. Sooo bad....not a chance I'll ever watch part 2 and 3.

Trascendance was abismal. 0 out of 10

A little off-topic, but try Jennifer Lawrence's Winter's Bone. She has to go through a lot of obstacles to feed her starving family in a more grounded movie than The Hunger Games. That's all I'm gonna say, because the film has a lot of twists and turns.

OK, Batman & Robin still sucks. (thumbs u

TMNT was horrible.

Worst comic book movie I seen in years.

They were not the loveable turtles from the 80s and 90s.

More like hip-hop wannabe gangsters.

I`m surprised this one escaped under the radar as being bad.

Everybody came down on ASM 2,but go watch the TMNT reboot.

Like I said the crowd I went with where in their twenties, and went to see it for nostalgic reasons. They all had an outright hate for the movie. Usually there is someone who would be positive.

All Twilight movies.

Non-Twilight movies

Independence Day because it bored me.

Transformers 2 and 3 both a pile of carp.

GI JOE 1 junk

the 3 Star Wars movies made after the original trilogy.

I respect these opinions ComicConnoisseur , I consider you a quite reliable gauge on most all things-thanks

All Twilight movies.

Non-Twilight movies

Independence Day because it bored me.

Transformers 2 and 3 both a pile of carp.

GI JOE 1 junk

the 3 Star Wars movies made after the original trilogy.

I respect these opinions ComicConnoisseur , I consider you a quite reliable gauge on most all things-thanks

Thank you for the kind words.

:)

I thought whiplash was awful. I know its critically acclaimed and whatnot, and I appreciate the skilled drumming involved (as well as the directing skills involved in the shooting), but it just felt interminable. The movie just had no point. It was like a homeless man's birdman without any of the charm or creativity.

It just didn't get me to feel anything other than "when will this scene be over?" or "when will something happen in this movie?"

TMNT was horrible.

Worst comic book movie I seen in years.

They were not the loveable turtles from the 80s and 90s.

More like hip-hop wannabe gangsters.

I`m surprised this one escaped under the radar as being bad.

Everybody came down on ASM 2,but go watch the TMNT reboot.

Like I said the crowd I went with where in their twenties, and went to see it for nostalgic reasons. They all had an outright hate for the movie. Usually there is someone who would be positive.

I thought whiplash was awful. I know its critically acclaimed and whatnot, and I appreciate the skilled drumming involved (as well as the directing skills involved in the shooting), but it just felt interminable. The movie just had no point. It was like a homeless man's birdman without any of the charm or creativity.

It just didn't get me to feel anything other than "when will this scene be over?" or "when will something happen in this movie?"

I wasn't impressed with this movie at all. It was okay. Simmons did a pretty good job with his role and the drum solo finale sounded great and... well I guess that's it.

I enjoyed the movie, it reminded me of my military days. The acting was well done, it was basically a subliminal homage to Buddy Rich, the end scene was copied from one of his routines

I actually thought Birdman was terrible. Maybe the end was better but I turned it off after an hour or so.

It wasn't. Whatever was clever about the film was done in the first half. I didn't hate it, but found it highly overrated.

:o

Amazed by the negative comments about Birdman! But hey, what you enjoy is entirely subjective, so of course it's not going to click with some people. Still, whether you liked it or not, it was objectively brilliant and original, with dazzling -script, direction, acting and score.

I'm trying to think what the worst film I've seen this year is but I don't recall watching anything truly terrible. hm, I guess 'The Interview' was pretty bad, but I enjoyed little bits of it.