• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst movie you've seen this year

105 posts in this topic

I only saw the first Hunger Games flick, and found it almost unwatcheable. Sooo bad....not a chance I'll ever watch part 2 and 3.

Trascendance was abismal. 0 out of 10

A little off-topic, but try Jennifer Lawrence's Winter's Bone. She has to go through a lot of obstacles to feed her starving family in a more grounded movie than The Hunger Games. That's all I'm gonna say, because the film has a lot of twists and turns.

OK, Batman & Robin still sucks. (thumbs u

there's a joke in here somewhere but i'm not man enough to find it

I only saw the first Hunger Games flick, and found it almost unwatcheable. Sooo bad....not a chance I'll ever watch part 2 and 3.

Trascendance was abismal. 0 out of 10

A little off-topic, but try Jennifer Lawrence's Winter's Bone. She has to go through a lot of obstacles to feed her starving family in a more grounded movie than The Hunger Games. That's all I'm gonna say, because the film has a lot of twists and turns.

OK, Batman & Robin still sucks. (thumbs u

there's a joke in here somewhere but i'm not man enough to find it

Well, there's always The Beaver. hm

Tried Wolf Cop last night.

It was supposed to be an audience pleaser on the indie circuit, but I thought it was a dog.

noticed that at the video store the other night and was tempted to get it. So I guess its a no?

Maybe I'll try Jurassic City. That looked wretched also.

It was supposed to be an audience pleaser on the indie circuit, but I thought it was a dog.

noticed that at the video store the other night and was tempted to get it. So I guess its a no?

Maybe I'll try Jurassic City. That looked wretched also.

You could try it.

I bought it on a blind buy, so I'll watch it again in 6 months. I don't think I got a lot of the werewolf/cop movie references it was going for. lol

How could you go wrong with nubile young women with convicts while overrun with dinosaurs in Jurassic City. lol

The Devil May Call, Miss Meadows, Hansel Vs. Gretel, House of Bad, Junction, The Last Showing, Open Windows, Starry Eyes, Born of War and Come Back To Me were watchable recent direct-to-DVD movies though. I try to balance low-budget movies, to enhance the lesser big budget outings.

John Wick sucked.
I'm sorry, but anything with Adrianne Palicki can't suck too bad (other than the Wonder Woman pilot).

It was like the matrix... But only the fighting/action scenes... With no story.

John Wick sucked.
I'm sorry, but anything with Adrianne Palicki can't suck too bad (other than the Wonder Woman pilot).

100% agree. It was pretty much a long fight scene with some talking in between. I thought the same thing about the enforcer with Denzel but at least that movie had some semblance of a plot.

The Drop. Who knew a movie with Tony Soprano and Bane could be so boring?

Wow, that movie was great! Good suspense, good twist. Excellent mood and details. If you didn't like it, you should stay away from God's Pocket, which I saw last night and also liked.

+1. Opinions ARE like a'holes tho, everyone's got one. But boring?? How about "dark, moody/atmospheric and quite clever".

Of course this generation supports Michael Bay.

TMNT was horrible.

Worst comic book movie I seen in years.

They were not the loveable turtles from the 80s and 90s.

More like hip-hop wannabe gangsters.

I`m surprised this one escaped under the radar as being bad.

Everybody came down on ASM 2,but go watch the TMNT reboot.

Like I said the crowd I went with where in their twenties, and went to see it for nostalgic reasons. They all had an outright hate for the movie. Usually there is someone who would be positive.

It's almost as if they took the characters of Skids and Mudflap from Transformers 2 and said, "Let's put four of them together". Of course, it was Michael Bay after all :facepalm:

Gotta watch those with friends and beer.

John Wick sucked.

Whaaa ? :o

They killed his dog... the last remnant of a connection to his dead wife... and then he killed them. Great story !

Loved every second of it... anxiously waiting for Part 2.

I just hope another animal doesn't have to die to light the fuse to the mayhem ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

John Wick sucked.

They killed his dog... the last remnant of a connection to his dead wife... and then he killed them. Great story !

I just hope another animal doesn't have to die to light the fuse to the mayhem ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Anyone that can do that much killing in two hours can't be all that bad.

NToAAhl.jpg

John Wick sucked.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I think in the 2nd one they can just take his dog. Like Taken. but with a dog. And Neo.

John Wick sucked.

xxx ooo

Rupp

Anyone that can do that much killing in two hours can't be all that bad.

NToAAhl.jpg

awesome, i think i counted 74.

I thought whiplash was awful. I know its critically acclaimed and whatnot, and I appreciate the skilled drumming involved (as well as the directing skills involved in the shooting), but it just felt interminable. The movie just had no point. It was like a homeless man's birdman without any of the charm or creativity.

It just didn't get me to feel anything other than "when will this scene be over?" or "when will something happen in this movie?"

Whiplash and Birdbrain are the boring new genre of high brow Hollywood offerings-the movie without an ending. And oh yeah angst-lots of angst.