• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst movie you've seen this year

105 posts in this topic

Whiplash and Birdbrain are the boring new genre of high brow Hollywood offerings-the movie without an ending. And oh yeah angst-lots of angst.

With the movie Whiplash, 'angst' was not the word that came to mind throughout the movie for me. 'Intense' seemed more fitting.

Even when the student breaks up with his girlfriend, Nicole, so as to focus completely on his music, that came across as intensity.

Watched Birdman the other night. I didn't get it at all until the end.

I was all like... Oooooh it's supposed to be a deep-thinking type of movie.

I kept on waiting for someone to see he really had powers and would blow their minds, no longer being a huge loser.

But why did Gwen Stacey look up when he "died"?

Why was the Hulk such a ?

Whiplash and Birdbrain are the boring new genre of high brow Hollywood offerings-the movie without an ending. And oh yeah angst-lots of angst.

With the movie Whiplash, 'angst' was not the word that came to mind throughout the movie for me. 'Intense' seemed more fitting.

Even when the student breaks up with his girlfriend, Nicole, so as to focus completely on his music, that came across as intensity.

It actually did have an ending.

Miles Teller became the drummer JK Simmons has longed searched for. JK Simmons knelt down to his former student to adjust his symbols, probably becoming his behind the scenes assistant and witness to his ride to stardom from now on. Anymore of an epilogue, it would have blunted both actor's character arc. During the commentary, the director cut the film there in a nod to the abrupt ending in 'Death Proof'.

As Nick stated, this movie kept it's intensity right up the final frame. It's truly unforgettable.

Watched Birdman the other night. I didn't get it at all until the end.

I was all like... Oooooh it's supposed to be a deep-thinking type of movie.

I kept on waiting for someone to see he really had powers and would blow their minds, no longer being a huge loser.

But why did Gwen Stacey look up when he "died"?

Why was the Hulk such a ?

"But why did Gwen Stacey look up when he "died"?"

I haven't listened to the commentary yet, but assumed since he was dying in his mind (as well as his body), a theory of mine would be instead of looking at him splattered all over the sidewalk, she just accepted he was actually flying away and chose that direction to look (even if wasn't there). The trippy thing was none of this was actually happening because it was technically in his mind, so it could of also meant she was finally believing in him as a father as well.

It's a sign of a good movie when we can discuss it afterwards.

OK, now on to Transformers: Age of Extinction...