• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forget Marvel, DC, Netflix, ... give me ANY CHEESY MOVIE U WANT TO REVIEW !

157 posts in this topic

You know I just bought that on a blind buy, but just couldn't get into it. :shrug:

I enjoyed the hokeyness of it all. I've spent $9.96 on a lot worse. lol

You didn't snicker just a bit at the Red Riding Hood jailhouse sex scene? :grin:

... maybe just a little bit ;)

You didn't snicker just a bit at the Red Riding Hood jailhouse sex scene? :grin:

That was so random and over-the-top in an 80's way, it was funny. I just felt Leo Fafard played him too straight, despite the farce like enviroment. I bought it right off because of the indie acclaim it got, but Ginger Snaps it is not. ;)

That was so random and over-the-top in an 80's way, it was funny. I just felt Leo Fafard played him too straight, despite the farce like enviroment. I bought it right off because of the indie acclaim it got, but Ginger Snaps it is not. ;)

Agreed... hot, menstrual cycle were-chicks are definitely more entertaining to watch than a drunk werewolf with a gun. Hard to believe its been 15 years since Ginger Snaps came out. :o

Isn't that the craziest sentence right there to read ? lol

xxx ooo

Rupp

Hard to believe its been 15 years since Ginger Snaps came out. :o

I know. I always try to keep up with Katharine Isabelle's movies after that breakthrough movie, but they are usually 88 minutes too long. Ginger Snaps fun-fact, Orphan Black's Tatiana Maslany appeared in the so-so sequel "Unleashed".

But, I'll give Wolf Cop another viewing sometime down the road.

I guess its time for me to

find those Wolf Cop #1 comic books from the movie's premier. hm

What!?Are you kidding? Seriously,I love promo stuff! PM me if you have some for real!

Not wanting for investment,just cause I dig this sort of stuff.I still.have my Jean Caude Cyborg giveaway from the theater :acclaim:

How did this not hit these boards previously?

:applause:

Now I know where I can send my copy, if I don't like it on it's second viewing. hm

Chances are if u didn't like it the first time through... you won't like it the second time :(

I've just always been fan of schlocky junk like this. Watch the extras and see what those guys had to go through to secure financing. Talk about jumping through hoops. Truly a labor of love project.

xxx ooo

Rupp

How did this not hit these boards previously?

:applause:

Now I know where I can send my copy, if I don't like it on it's second viewing. hm

Chances are if u didn't like it the first time through... you won't like it the second time :(

I've just always been fan of schlocky junk like this. Watch the extras and see what those guys had to go through to secure financing. Talk about jumping through hoops. Truly a labor of love project.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I hear you. The first 10 minutes sets up a decent enough tone, but within a half hour the whole thing collapses on itself. I grew up watching a lot of schlocky stuff to in the late 70's to early 80's, from Tarantula: Deadly Cargo to any Tom Baker Dr. Who. lol

I think the turning point came in 1987, with Michael Dudikoff's American Ninja 2: The Confrontation, when these kind of movies started taking themselves too seriously. hm

But, for every week for the past ten years or longer, I'll buy the $10 movie of the week at Walmart, for a Friday late night movie (VANish, Open Windows, The Factory, The Last Showing, etc for a little mindless entertainment). Rarely one scores, like Ginger Snaps, Cherry Falls, Haunter, Dog Soldiers, Crawl, Amber Alert, Penumbra, The House of the Devil, Malovence, Blood Trails, The Mummy and the Armadillo, Cofine, etc. Although some of those would be classified as shlocky. Oooooo. The Agression Scale was a classic. Think Home Alone meets Reservoir Dogs. The little kid is more psychotic than the blood thirtsy home invaders. :roflmao:

So I watched this today….. meh

It was very schlocky. The acting was mediocre…not that I'm expecting Oscar caliber acting here. The effects were pretty good though.

This is a good movie to put on and make fun of with friends while drinking/stoned.