• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of CAF, and I do a lot of my shopping and buying there. But, a lot of collectors right now just seem for whatever reason to be unable to seek out and pull the trigger there. I just put some of my pieces on Ebay and one in particular that a couple of boardies said was way too high in price sold in an hour buy it now over on the Bay. For big pieces, one of the big auction houses seems like a solid choice or consignment with a dealer, but for little pieces it is still confusing. Maybe there is just too little money at that end chasing too many pieces.?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of CAF, and I do a lot of my shopping and buying there. But, a lot of collectors right now just seem for whatever reason to be unable to seek out and pull the trigger there. I just put some of my pieces on Ebay and one in particular that a couple of boardies said was way too high in price sold in an hour buy it now over on the Bay. For big pieces, one of the big auction houses seems like a solid choice or consignment with a dealer, but for little pieces it is still confusing. Maybe there is just too little money at that end chasing too many pieces.?

Glad to hear you did well with your eBay offering. (thumbs u

Collectors, nowadays, tend to dismiss the Bay as a waste of time. If you can wade through all the cr@p that gets listed, you do sometimes find the odd nugget.

Collectors, nowadays, tend to dismiss the Bay as a waste of time. If you can wade through all the cr@p that gets listed, you do sometimes find the odd nugget.

I could not agree more, Terry. I found a piece that really made my day not too long ago. The 2nd page of a Curt Swan drawn flashback to an early Legion of Super-Heroes story. Curt's my favorite artist and the Legion is my favorite team. Even better, I had the first page of that story! I was and am pumped! Ebay came through for me. :)

Click to embiggen

ZlZoYHjn_1306151942551.jpg

Indeed. But, I have a lot of search words that just pop up on my CAF daily email. Plus, I have a few that I also search through ebay. It doesn't take long and I have bought some truly great pieces there. I also have had pretty good luck selling, but it can be fickle. Comic art tends to do better with quicker sales, but when I have sold books it can take weeks and months to find the right buyer.

Indeed. But, I have a lot of search words that just pop up on my CAF daily email. Plus, I have a few that I also search through ebay. It doesn't take long and I have bought some truly great pieces there. I also have had pretty good luck selling, but it can be fickle. Comic art tends to do better with quicker sales, but when I have sold books it can take weeks and months to find the right buyer.

I may have to re-try eBay. Got away from it because 90% of the stuff hitting my email notifications was BS. I have bought and sold pieces through CAF quite successfully.

just got my first CL win delivered by FedEx! since I was asking how long it took, here's a breakdown for anyone else interested.

the box (Dimensions 24x16x5 in., Weight 2 lbs / 0.91 kgs) was actually ripped open at the bottom & starting to leak cushioned materials. inside the art was between cardboard that seemed a bit crumpled on the sides, but it didn't affect the page. the other 4 pages I've bought have been shipped thinner but sturdier.

6/11 auction ended

6/13 paid by credit card (or maybe late night 6/12)

6/15 Shipment information sent to FedEx

6/17 5:26 pm Picked up SACO, ME

6/20/2015 - Saturday 11:50 am Delivered Pompano Beach, FL

pretty quick! thanks CL! now update your website's usability :)

Well apparently it isn't first come first serve shipping as I paid the night the acution ended and when I called today the piece hadn't even shipped yet...

I think that's just the way it is with wires. They are deposited to the bank without warning to the auction house by the bank. Someone has to physically review the bank acct to see if it's arrived. It's not like PayPal or something where there are auto notifications. I may be misremembering but I don't recall getting notification of wire receipt from heritage either. I think you just have to be prepared to follow up, in general, when paying by wire.

Well apparently it isn't first come first serve shipping as I paid the night the acution ended and when I called today the piece hadn't even shipped yet...

Well, you're not the only one. I paid less than hour after the auction ended and haven't heard anything either.

"Oh yeah, it looks like we did receive the payment. I'll send an email to our shipping dept to let'em know." (Apparently, they have computer "issues" too! Ha! Not so reassuring, especially when you can't remove your credit card info from their site, no, really, try it!)

I tried to remove an expired credit card from their site as well, but you can't remove anything when you have something left to pay for. lots of frustrations on their site.

Just remember you were the first to pay for comic art....but there are several thousand comic books that they need to send out from people who checked out their orders rapidly once the comic book section ended.

I paid by check, so I know I won't be getting my stuff for a while!

Just remember you were the first to pay for comic art....but there are several thousand comic books that they need to send out from people who checked out their orders rapidly once the comic book section ended.

I paid by check, so I know I won't be getting my stuff for a while!

Another post clearly indicates payment time frame (or even payment method) are not the only determining factors in shipping. Someone posted they paid for ART one to two days after the auction ended and received the pieces a week ago.

I paid the day after the CL auction by credit card and got the piece on Tuesday past. A bit faster than I expected.

It's an important cover - at least, around my house it is. It's the cover to the first comic I ever bought my kids.

Click to embiggen and learn a bit more about it:

tcqZjd4l_1606150836201.jpg

so is this just the default clink/HA thread now?

OA ends in two days in the current Clink focused auction. My consignments are fairly low, $11 for a Harris Starman page!

Well, if everybody is sharing their CLink experience here's mine (first time buying anything through them):

Sent wire transfer on the Friday immediately following the auction close (i.e., the next day) and emailed them the wire information asking for a confirmation once they receive it (I did so at their suggestion when asking about my payment options over the phone).

On Monday they indeed emailed me to acknowledge receipt of the wire.

Not having heard anything further I emailed them again on Thursday of that same week asking if they have a sense of when they would ship the lot. I received no response to the email itself but, lo and behold, I received a shipping notification the next day, on Friday.

Then on Monday I received a phone call from the shipping department informing me that they hadn't realize the lot contained two pages and they had only shipped me the one, and were then working on shipping the other. :tonofbricks:

The first page arrived the next day on Tuesday and the second page on Wednesday, both very well packaged and in excellent condition. :whee:

I understand that they have a ton of lots to process, and they certainly seem to mean well, but still, you'd think they would have a smoother operation by now and a better way of keeping customers informed. The bottom line? If you care about getting your pages sooner rather than later you have to email them; if not, then just wait and eventually you'll get them.