• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like the next round of HA and CLINK auctions should have some good stuff

326 posts in this topic

You know, I took a look through them all, and he did a lot more great covers than I'd remembered.... It'll be interesting to see what the 191 sells for in the next CLink.

That was one of my old covers....not the one I was talking about though.

That was $3,000 for that 191 page with a little Scarlet Witch and a dash of Vision. lol

Dude, that's all it takes when the Avengers are involved these days. :insane:

I wish some told that to the set of bidders on the avengers page I consigned to the last heritage auction!

haha same here...sigh...

And don't forget about Romita Jr. first run X-men artwork. Blown out of the water in my own playground. Super strong numbers. I guess it's finally getting it's due respect.

HI, CC:

I hear ya. I've been dabbling in this end of the X-Men pool on and off for a few years, and I'm as surprised as the next guy that what you deemed "Super strong numbers" isn't the norm. It should be the norm based on:

1. Prices for comparable Romita Jr pages from the same era for ASM and Daredevil

2. Given the # of copies cited in circulation reports, there should be a healthy, competitive market for JR Jr's artwork on this title (his 1st run on the title)

3. Given the prices for pages by his predecessor artists on the X-Men, his pages are truly a bargain

The Kieth Hulk at 3900 was impressive. The McFarlane/Pennington seemed a bargain. I was surprised by the Liefeld - not the Deadpool page that hit 3k, but the NM91 Cable that beat it at 3600. Haven't seen that before. Go Cable.

Overall some interesting prices and deals.

I 4000th the notion that the CL interface needs an upgrade.

The frazetta lithos seemed cheap.

I was pretty close on both of them. I thought I was going to win the Cat Girl one. Ultimately, I just don't know the litho market that well. Does anyone remember what their original price was when they were first marketed?

The Kieth Hulk at 3900 was impressive. The McFarlane/Pennington seemed a bargain. I was surprised by the Liefeld - not the Deadpool page that hit 3k, but the NM91 Cable that beat it at 3600. Haven't seen that before. Go Cable.

Overall some interesting prices and deals.

I 4000th the notion that the CL interface needs an upgrade.

underbidder on both, quite annoyed not to win

HOLY C R A P!!!!!! $15K for a Conan panel page by Big John

I know pages with Belit have gone up in recent years but wasn't expecting $15K, when it was at $6K with a week to go I was surprised.

CONAN THE BARBARIAN #100 PAGE 27 1/3 SPLASH

Hammer $15,250

1979, Death of Belit! by JOHN BUSCEMA and ERNIE CHAN

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids%2Easp&id=1058763

It's probably the most important page of the first 100 issues, and I bid it up quite a bit, but bailed when it got crazy

I saw that page, psyched myself into making what I thought was an absolutely insane, stark raving mad bid because I hadn't bought anything for a few years and... it almost tripled what I thought was my absolutely insane, stark raving mad bid. Better to lose out by a lot than by a little, I guess.

There is not really a good answer, I have had very fast shipping, but that can be when checking out as soon as the auction is over. I believe it is pretty much first come first serve sort of deal.

You can always wait a week or two then give them a call !