• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If You Came Across a Copy of New Adventure Comics #26 .......

Pick One:  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Pick One:

98 posts in this topic

None of the above. I'd buy it and sell it to Ian for whatever I paid for it. If I got it cheap, I might even just give it to him.

I would have done that with BUZZY # 70, just like Shield eventually did.

But New Adventure # 26 is different. Let's say you bought a box of old comics at a yard sale for $1, and one the books is NA # 26 in around fine condition. You could make a nice tidy profit of couple thousand dollars or more with any comic dealer.

With BUZZY # 70, it's only worth around $5 so it would be no big deal to do Ian a favor and give it to him.

I think if the above scenario actually happened to me, I would ask Ian to trade it for one of his GA duplicates with an equal value. That way, Ian would get his book at basically no extra cost, and I would still get my tidy profit.

Was that analytical enough for you? grin.gif

My real answer is #4. Who cares about New Adventure 26????

but I went with #3.

Looks like I wasnt alone..... Ironic that Ian came on here in order to get help finding the DCs he was missing, and ends up with a poll where the winning answer is basically "fack em!"

You forgot "Buy it and sell it to Ian for what you paid." That's what most of the people here would do. I wouldn't just let it sit there at the LCS for fear that someone else would grab it, and I also wouldn't trust Ian to call the dealer and not create such a fuss that the dealer either (a) realizes how rare it is and decides to stick it on ebay where someone would snipe Ian at the last minute, or (b) realizes how rare it is and jacks up the price to DTACOLL levels. 27_laughing.gif

None of the above. I'd buy it and sell it to Ian for whatever I paid for it. If I got it cheap, I might even just give it to him.

But New Adventure # 26 is different. Let's say you bought a box of old comics at a yard sale for $1, and one the books is NA # 26 in around fine condition. You could make a nice tidy profit of couple thousand dollars or more with any comic dealer.

With BUZZY # 70, it's only worth around $5 so it would be no big deal to do Ian a favor and give it to him.

I think if the above scenario actually happened to me, I would ask Ian to trade it for one of his GA duplicates with an equal value. That way, Ian would get his book at basically no extra cost, and I would still get my tidy profit.

This is a good point. If I paid a buck for it, sorry Ian, but you're going to pay me OS guide in grade.

And you know what? Ian would be more than happy to do it, and would probably burst with appreciation for me or anyone else who'd sell him a copy for guide value.

This is a good point. If I paid a buck for it, sorry Ian, but you're going to pay me OS guide in grade.

And you know what? Ian would be more than happy to do it, and would probably burst with appreciation for me or anyone else who'd sell him a copy for guide value.

I'd sell it to him for what I paid for it.

The whole Dave Alexander thing is repugnant. I spent Saturday afternoon with Marc Nathan, who got a bunch of cool new books in. One of them was a New Adventure 24, and we were talking about what a dealer should do if he finds the New Adventure 26. We both agreed that you'd sell it to Ian, but Ian should fly to get it, and you'd get a nice little Buyer's Guide article about it. Free publicity for dealer, Ian gets his props, etc. etc. Alexander is a insufficiently_thoughtful_person - sell it to Ian for Guide, have him fly to you, get pictures taken and voila. You get massive publicity, and all is good.

(b) realizes how rare it is and jacks up the price to DTACOLL levels. 27_laughing.gif

confused.gif Inside joke or something confused-smiley-013.gif

DTACOLL= Dave T. Alexander Collectibles. He has a NA#26 that he won't sell to Ian for less than some ridiculous multiple (like 10X or 15X) guide.