• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

So that was it ?

you can't wrap up that many mysteries in just one episode.....so i'm assuming just this small city with the cure is going to be saved....thought it seemed rushed but when you don't know if there will be more I guess you have to do whatever works.

So that was it ?

you can't wrap up that many mysteries in just one episode.....so i'm assuming just this small city with the cure is going to be saved....thought it seemed rushed but when you don't know if there will be more I guess you have to do whatever works.

or doesn't work. all 3 Chris Carter episodes vilified by the critics while the 3 others got varying degrees of critical praise.

I enjoyed them all, i'm sure there will be a season 11

That's the thing that is most disappointing to me, because for the most part, I enjoyed these episodes, some hit more than others, but to end the season like that? That's the way Carter decided to leave things for all the followers of this show should they not come back? (shrug)

I enjoyed them all, i'm sure there will be a season 11

That's the thing that is most disappointing to me, because for the most part, I enjoyed these episodes, some hit more than others, but to end the season like that? That's the way Carter decided to leave things for all the followers of this show should they not come back? (shrug)

Maybe they will spin off a new X-Files featuring Einstein and Arrow's cousin?

I enjoyed all 6 episodes but if they end it like then the whole season was pretty pointless.

That's like saying desserts are pointless after you finish them.

I agree with him. While it was great getting 6 new episodes, if that ends up being it, then why bother?

To be fair, I think they will come back at some point but no ones knows that for sure right now.

I thought the same about the return of 24. But that's apparently not the case. Well, except for maybe doing a 24: Legacy series without Jack Bauer (which is like doing Indiana Jones without Indy)

I enjoyed all 6 episodes but if they end it like then the whole season was pretty pointless.

I agree with him. While it was great getting 6 new episodes, if that ends up being it, then why bother?

af5990859764e6772cce4fb97b2137871606c2f9063e75e0bd6930399703d16c.jpg

If you end on a cliffhanger then there should be the prospect of future resolution.

And desserts are bad for you.

If you end on a cliffhanger then there should be the prospect of future resolution.

Unless it's the X-Files or Lost, in which case things never getting resolved is par for the course. :pullhair:

I did enjoy the way the episodes were done in different styles, a bit of variety.

Well, they did take the out of themselves and their legacy a number of times.

And desserts are bad for you.

I mentioned this a while back but keep in mind S10E6 (the last ep) is billed as the Season Finale as opposed to the Series Finale.

I liked the ambiguity fine, didn’t bother me that everything wasn’t tied up in a neat package. Maybe that comes from having gown up with shows like Gilligan’s Island or Lost in Space that ended without resolution.