• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

No matter what Anderson thinks she 'wants' to do...if they wave enough green at her I can't imagine her not agreeing to more eps. Maybe she's just playing coy. 20 million viewers for a show that hasn't been on for over a decade is crazy.

for the sake of accuracy, the 20MM was for the first episode which was following the NFL Championship game which drew 45MM viewers. episodes 2-4 have drawn 8-9mm viewers.

x-files-02-169656.jpg

Fox has released the first look at the Lone Gunmen in the X-Files revival.

Fans of the series will remember the Lone Gunmen as a trio of conspiracy theorists – Byers, Langly, and Frohike – who spun-off into their own short-lived TV show. After that series was cancelled, they returned for a Season 9 episode of X-Files and died.

“When you’re dead on the X-Files, you’re never necessarily gone,” told EW. “There are ways to bring people back in dream sequences, flashbacks, and the like. This was an opportunity to use them, and bring them back to the show, in what is a presumed psychedelic hallucination.”

New The X-Files Episode Accidentally Leaked On Hulu Early

This Monday's episode of The X-Files, which was written and directed by series creator Chris Carter, has leaked online.

No, this was not the work of hackers. Actually, Fox can blame Hulu for this blunder. The popular video-steaming site uploaded the upcoming episode, "Babylon," on Friday night, and it didn't take long for alert fans to pounce on it.

Tonight's episode was good, looks like the last episode will be insane

Agreed...

I never really watched the original run... I would catch it on and off... but that has been a nice way to pick up the series.

For those that watched the original series, you will probably remember the character of the Enigma who played on the episode featuring Jim Rose and members of his "Circus". That episode was called "Humbug", it was a great one. I went to school with the guy who is the Enigma, after high school he started tattooing his entire body with small blue puzzle pieces. Quite recognizable nowadays, odd, yes, but actually a pretty nice guy.

Good episode. Was kinda funny seeing Firestorm in there.

Is the big picture to have Amell & that new girl replace Mulder & Scully for a reboot?

I was wondering that. And if the viewers react positive to this episode, is that the green light Fox is looking for?

For those that watched the original series, you will probably remember the character of the Enigma who played on the episode featuring Jim Rose and members of his "Circus". That episode was called "Humbug", it was a great one. I went to school with the guy who is the Enigma, after high school he started tattooing his entire body with small blue puzzle pieces. Quite recognizable nowadays, odd, yes, but actually a pretty nice guy.

HUMBUG was another Darin Morgan written wonder. "Don't let the Fiji Mermaid bite!" I was taken by surprise when I heard The Enigma speak just before he and Dr. Blockhead took off. His voice was so "middle class normal".

Edited by ThatPovGuy

Good episode. Was kinda funny seeing Firestorm in there.

Is the big picture to have Amell & that new girl replace Mulder & Scully for a reboot?

I was wondering that. And if the viewers react positive to this episode, is that the green light Fox is looking for?

I wasn't paying close attention at the end, but I wondered all along and heard Mulder and Scully talking about how they set a lot of their interactions up with the other two agents for some specific purpose. Did the end indicate what their goal was with the two of them?

Could More X-Files Happen? Here's What Fox Is Saying

FOX’s return to The X-Files has turned out (not unexpectedly) to be a huge hit for the network. The ratings that the series has pulled in have been a big boon to FOX’s lineup. But, unfortunately for FOX, the show was a limited event series, and only has one episode of the six that were shot, left to air. And, now we know for certain that at least one FOX bigwig would love to have the show back again at some point.

"We said before it aired that we would love to do more, and we are over the moon with the performance. So far, the response has been really encouraging. We haven’t talked to the talent yet about Season 2 in any more definitive way than we had prior to airing the show, but certainly, it seems like there’s an audience responding to the show that would love to see more episodes."

FOX Entertainment President David Madden spoke to Variety earlier in The X-Files season, and revealed that he would, indeed, like to see the show continue, even if only by way of another short event series. It also looks like FOX executives were anticipating that the return of the popular 1990s and early 2000s show would spur the network to ratings heights, seeing as how they seemed to discuss continuing the revival in passing to the key players.

That's a really good sign when one of the top studio execs is so fired up about the new season.