• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

Have enjoyed it so far. From the previews it looks like they have a ton of action that is going to happen in the last couple of shows.

Pros: They brought back the old writers so it has the same vibe.

Con: Only one I that I saw was that the flashlight beams didn't look like they did in the 1990's. You know that long eerie beam that went on for ever. Other than that it has just been a joy to watch.

Thought it was really bad, and the leads, I don't know if that's just them in general were hard to watch. Some of the dialogue was cringe worthy for me, especially when Mulder was talking to the present-day doctor in that back and forth.

I will give the next episode a go, but think this is not for me.

With many not liking the first episode of the X-Files return, some others do like that. I'm of the latter and I like it so far. I had seen almost many seasons in the past and liked it a lot. The first episode kind of summarized many things what Mulder had been tried to prove in the past. Second episode pick up from where the duo alway do - get back to the weird stuff.

With one new add, they had a son that got kidnapped by aliens? hm think this is one case they'll have tough time to resolve.

Their kid didn't get abducted. Scully gave their kid up in a blind adoption to a couple in like Wyomning. Mulder & Scully both experienced a "what could have been?" like dream sequence in that episode. They don't know where their kid is. They only know that he was adopted in order to (hopefully) keep him safe. What happened to him in the intervening decade plus is what they were talking about this episode.

‘X-Files’ Creator Chris Carter Explains Why Episodes Are Airing Out of Order

It’s not paranormal activity, but something odd is happening with the X-Files revival — the series’ six episodes are debuting out of order. Episode 2 is now Episode 4, Episode 4 is now Episode 5, and Episode 5 is now Episode 2. As for the others, Episode 3 remains in its original slot, while 1 and 6 are still what they were intended to be, mythology-builders. So, what’s going on behind the scenes that we don’t know about?

Series creator Chris Carter spoke with TV Insider to clear up the matter.

"Because we have a story arc that runs through the middle of the series…we were concerned that, coming right off a mythology episode [and] going right into a standalone episode, people would say, “What’s happened?” So, it actually worked out. It served Episode 2 better to replace it with 5. It created a better continuity…We’ve come and done what we’ve always done: we give you an amazing mix of episodes—we’ve given you thriller episodes, we’ve given you scary episodes, emotional episodes, comedy episodes."

I finally got to see the first episode.

I liked it. A little sluggish at times. But still the same vibe to it, along with the paranoid message about a large conspiracy. I just want them to move on to other topics like the old show did, which from the previews at the end of Ep. 1 seemed like it was going to come fast.

With only six episodes, I guess they have to throw these things out there rapidly now to see how engaged with the audience will be for more.

The X-Files Return Ratings Surge To 20 Million Viewers

Initial reports had The X-Files premiere pulling in a 6.1 rating and 16.2 million viewers, but now that the live-plus-three day ratings are in the numbers are being revised to a 7.8 rating among adults 18-49 and an average of 20.3 million viewers.

"That makes it broadcast's second-biggest scripted episode of the season, shy of Empire's sophomore premiere," THR reports, "and the highest-rated post-NFL conference championship episode of a scripted series in more than a decade."

:o

lauren-1-0-167800.jpg

Fox has released the first official look at Robbie Amell (The Flash) as the smart and smooth Agent Miller and Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under) as the confident and sharpt Agent Einstein for The X-Files miniseries.