• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

I wish whats her face as Scully didn't get so much plastic surgery.

She is what only 47 but looks 57.

She looks beter in ep 2 and 3......i think it was her hair

After season 9 season 10 seems very fresh

Edited by krighton

Great episode :applause:

Yeah! It had Darrin Morgan written all over it! lol(thumbs u

Man I must be getting further and further out of touch, but as a fan who saw every single Original X-Files, I thought episode 3 sucked the big one IMHO. I thought virtually every aspect of it sucked, the ultra cheesy monster costume, the laughable plot and acting, the overall silliness,etc...

I was embarrassed to have been watching it and if the remaining three episodes follow suit will be glad it will be done in 6 episodes. :sumo:

I don't see how people can not love this. I'm not being glib or anything. But it's just been fun so far for me. It's not nearly as serious as the original series, but there's also a sense of world-weariness to the characters that comes across in the stories too. Like everyone involved kinda feeling like "I'm a little too old for this. I was super serious about this 20 years ago but I've been thru all of this & know when it's time to be serious & when it's time to have fun this time around"

I’m enjoying it as much as the first run. I find the complaints puzzling because it seems the same to me. (shrug)

Agreed. Enjoying it as much and more as the first run. Really like the

maturity/weariness that comes across with both Mulder and Scully whether they're

interacting with each other or other people. Haven't we all become more mature

and world weary since the first run?

Enjoyed episode 3 and was also excited when I saw the previews

that there was going to be a Kolchak type character. Though the character

wasn't exactly the same. An intentional nod to Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

The Darin Morgan episodes are among my favorites, especially

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose with Peter Boyle from season 3.

maybe I'm loving it because I saw the writing on the wall and skipped most of season 9....so i'm seeing it with pretty fresh eyes not having seen the complete meltdown of the previous series.

Wife and I watched all 3 eps last night and we really enjoyed them. Remind us of when we watched the first 5 seasons on VHS in one weeks sitting....old school Netflix binging.

Edited by krighton

Great episode :applause:

Yeah! It had Darrin Morgan written all over it! lol(thumbs u

Man I must be getting further and further out of touch, but as a fan who saw every single Original X-Files, I thought episode 3 sucked the big one IMHO. I thought virtually every aspect of it sucked, the ultra cheesy monster costume, the laughable plot and acting, the overall silliness,etc...

I was embarrassed to have been watching it and if the remaining three episodes follow suit will be glad it will be done in 6 episodes. :sumo:

not sure you can draw in 20 million viewers and expect it to be done after 6....I could easily see it being picked up for more.

I’m enjoying it as much as the first run. I find the complaints puzzling because it seems the same to me. (shrug)

Agreed. Enjoying it as much and more as the first run. Really like the

maturity/weariness that comes across with both Mulder and Scully whether they're

interacting with each other or other people. Haven't we all become more mature

and world weary since the first run?

Enjoyed episode 3 and was also excited when I saw the previews

that there was going to be a Kolchak type character. Though the character

wasn't exactly the same. An intentional nod to Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

The Darin Morgan episodes are among my favorites, especially

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose with Peter Boyle from season 3.

Yeah, Clyde Bruckman and Jose Chung's From Outer Space remain the two eps that make me grin the most! In Clyde Bruckman, the fellow who played The Stupendous Yappi ("You have negative energy!") was a Duchovny stand-in for the show. They also had to do multiple retakes because Gillian Anderson kept losing it wherever he waggled his eyebrow.