• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Files returns

357 posts in this topic

I'm currently attempting to watch the entire series in less than 60 days. I'm in the middle of season 7, and all I can hope for the new series is that the the end of season 6 and season 7 (and i'm sadly guessing 8 and 9) and do the exact opposite style. The show used to be so dark and beautiful in that, and it's lost that.

I'm currently attempting to watch the entire series in less than 60 days. I'm in the middle of season 7, and all I can hope for the new series is that the the end of season 6 and season 7 (and i'm sadly guessing 8 and 9) and do the exact opposite style. The show used to be so dark and beautiful in that, and it's lost that.

stop after season 5 and pretend the rest never happened

It stopped being dark around season 7 or so because filming moved from Vancouver to California. Mostly because David Duchovny was tired of being in Vancouver & it was the only way he'd stay even for 1/2 seasons at a time.

+1

I either lost interest and didn't watch enough episodes or have forgotten exactly what happened, but didn't they end up explaining Mulder's sister's disappearance as her being the victim of a serial killer? I vividly recall one episode painting that picture, but I can't rule out subsequent episodes reversing that idea.

+1

I either lost interest and didn't watch enough episodes or have forgotten exactly what happened, but didn't they end up explaining Mulder's sister's disappearance as her being the victim of a serial killer? I vividly recall one episode painting that picture, but I can't rule out subsequent episodes reversing that idea.

She was abducted by the aliens, returned (but returned to the Spender's) and then a few years later, she was snatched by a serial killer & died that way. It was the show's way of kinda concluding the "where is she?" question without needing to ever actually put her on screen as an adult & having her tell her story to her brother.

+1

She was abducted by the aliens, returned (but returned to the Spender's) and then a few years later, she was snatched by a serial killer & died that way. It was the show's way of kinda concluding the "where is she?" question without needing to ever actually put her on screen as an adult & having her tell her story to her brother.

Right, but that's if you don't count the multitude of clones they showed on screen of her...

I think the turning point for me, was the Luke WIlson vampire episode. It was the first episode I found to be truly bad, instead of boring like the occasional boring episode prior.

+1

Right, but that's if you don't count the multitude of clones they showed on screen of her...

I think the turning point for me, was the Luke WIlson vampire episode. It was the first episode I found to be truly bad, instead of boring like the occasional boring episode prior.

different strokes. written by the Breaking Bad mastermind Vince Gilligan, Bad Blood is considered by IMDB voters as one of the best X-Files episodes. easily one of my top 10.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0751081/

+1

I don't recall if they ever proved that the clones were her. They claimed it, but I don't think there was ever any real proof beyond their claims.

Additionally, a clone is not really different than a long-lost twin raised by different parents. Same genetic material, not necessarily any of the same personality traits or things that make you... you.

If that makes any sense?

+1

different strokes. written by the Breaking Bad mastermind Vince Gilligan, Bad Blood is considered by IMDB voters as one of the best X-Files episodes. easily one of my top 10.

There are a lot of Vince Gilligan episodes I love. I hear that a lot of people love it, I just couldn't get into it, maybe I'll have to revisit it later on.

+1

There are a lot of Vince Gilligan episodes I love. I hear that a lot of people love it, I just couldn't get into it, maybe I'll have to revisit it later on.

Paper Hearts :cloud9:

Pusher :cloud9:

The truth is out there… and we’ve got the inside story on the thrilling return of The X-Files. Go behind the scenes with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and all the key players as they reveal secrets from the set and take you on the epic journey of bringing this classic series back to Fox.

21 minutes of X-File goodness.

The truth is out there… and we’ve got the inside story on the thrilling return of The X-Files. Go behind the scenes with Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson and all the key players as they reveal secrets from the set and take you on the epic journey of bringing this classic series back to Fox.

21 minutes of X-File goodness.

Thanks for that. The saucer crash is going to look danged amazing! Cannot wait for this.

This topic made me want to start watching X-FILES again. I went to Netflix and before playing thought I should just get my Season 1 set. But for some reason I went ahead and took a look on Netflix.

I was shocked to see the Pilot in HD Widescreen (16.9). Even more shocking it did not look stretched or cropped. So I did some searching and found out that Carter had planned the filming of the show so that, while framed for standard 4.3, the extra frame areas were clear of things like cables, boom mics etc, so a wider aspect ratio could actually be used at a future date. And this is exactly what happened. The original masters were used and framed for 16.9 HD and the results are amazing.I checked Hulu and it, too, is showing the new format. I dropped my Amazon Prime account so not sure but I assume Amazon is following suit. The first 2 seasons can be a bit cropped top/bottom but there is actually more info on the sides. Seasons 3 and 4 changed a bit and allowed complete 16.9 with no cropping at all. Love seeing these in HD as opposed to the original SD.

This brings a whole new perspective to the earlier seasons.

This topic made me want to start watching X-FILES again. I went to Netflix and before playing thought I should just get my Season 1 set. But for some reason I went ahead and took a look on Netflix.

I was shocked to see the Pilot in HD Widescreen (16.9). Even more shocking it did not look stretched or cropped. So I did some searching and found out that Carter had planned the filming of the show so that, while framed for standard 4.3, the extra frame areas were clear of things like cables, boom mics etc, so a wider aspect ratio could actually be used at a future date. And this is exactly what happened. The original masters were used and framed for 16.9 HD and the results are amazing.I checked Hulu and it, too, is showing the new format. I dropped my Amazon Prime account so not sure but I assume Amazon is following suit. The first 2 seasons can be a bit cropped top/bottom but there is actually more info on the sides. Seasons 3 and 4 changed a bit and allowed complete 16.9 with no cropping at all. Love seeing these in HD as opposed to the original SD.

This brings a whole new perspective to the earlier seasons.

I didn't know this and I will check them out. (thumbs u