• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Link AND CC March 2015 Auctions

149 posts in this topic

Comic connect started ending last night with the OA but tonight the comic books begin to end.

Wow - another instance where ComicConnect and ComicLink have auctions ending on the same days. I'm glad my one book is already bid up to the amount I want. It may be a good time to do some buying.

Comic connect started ending last night with the OA but tonight the comic books begin to end.

Wow - another instance where ComicConnect and ComicLink have auctions ending on the same days. I'm glad my one book is already bid up to the amount I want. It may be a good time to do some buying.

I'm lucky in that there's only one book on my personal radar in the ComicConnect auction. Otherwise I'd be in budget hell.

I dont get why these auction houses run at the same time.

I'm of the belief that CLink and Comic Connect are in direct competition with one another as they run similar type and grade material in their event auctions. However, Heritage event auctions are usually featuring the highest end stuff. Think about it, Metro and Clink will run a Tec 49 4.0 in their featured auction. That's usually delegated to the Saturday stuff and maybe a Sunday auction for heritage.

CLink and Comic Connect are going head to head to see who beats out who.

At least that's my thought.

Does CLink do any better with grading on consignment than ComicConnect, or are they similar? I've never been outright upset by the grading, but some of the raw books I've won on CC have been exaggerated toward the high end of the assigned grade.

Before it's said, I'm aware that you can return books. I'm talking about getting a book they say is Fine Plus, and in my eyes it's Fine Minus. Nothing insane, but you get the picture.

They don't pay any attention to when the other houses run their auctions, they are doing their own thing and are not going to try to duck and move around each other, there are just too many auctions.

They don't pay any attention to when the other houses run their auctions, they are doing their own thing and are not going to try to duck and move around each other, there are just too many auctions.

I'm inclined to think this is it. They figure out their schedule and go with it, without worrying about conflicting auctions.

Has anyone ever kept track of which auction house gets the highest price for books? With both ComicLink and ComicConnect selling essentially the same book all the time it would be interesting to see who gets higher prices.

I noticed last night that the countdown timer for auctions on Comic Connect was not working with Google Chrome... thoughts?

Safari? Firefox? Is there a preference I need to turn on?

Has anyone ever kept track of which auction house gets the highest price for books? With both ComicLink and ComicConnect selling essentially the same book all the time it would be interesting to see who gets higher prices.

That would be great to know.

I also wish CL reported to GPA, as it seems all the book I go after smash GPA 90 day averages.... lol

Does CC report to GPA?