• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Anyone know how fast the 3 day sold out last year?

Living in Seattle I have set up at ECCC the last 12 years, it has gotten bigger and better but tickets have never sold out this fast, it generally takes months for the 3-day day tickets to sell out, this year with 4-day selling out within hours and 3-day within one day, it seems more and more people want to come out to our fair city. But at the same time it would not surprise me if they will release more tickets later, they did that for PAX here in Seattle, and that's a RP event as well. I still say if people really want to come to this show, buy your single day passes now, and even if they sell out, still make plans to come out for the show because Craigslist here in Seattle generally gets flooded with tickets a few days before ECCC and while you may pay a bit more than regular retail price, you won't be paying the high end eBay prices that are bound to happen if they haven't already. But trust me, there will be plenty of people selling at the last minute who can't attend, etc.

@Jugger I lived in Seattle too and didn't think it would this bad this year but end up buying a few extra's for friends like I always do.

I think this year the scalpers are in full force much like PAX. Year after year I see more scalpers at PAX and since this con has been good for the past few years I think they jumping on.

I remember back in 2013 where people didn't buy tickets and going all the way down to the ground level of the 1st floor people were just waiting for the line to open up to buy any available tickets. I remember leaving around 3pm and my friend and I just sold our tickets for $20 a piece and so many buyers jumping offering more.

I still say if people really want to come to this show, buy your single day passes now, and even if they sell out, still make plans to come out for the show because Craigslist here in Seattle generally gets flooded with tickets a few days before ECCC and while you may pay a bit more than regular retail price, you won't be paying the high end eBay prices that are bound to happen if they haven't already. But trust me, there will be plenty of people selling at the last minute who can't attend, etc.

Well, if that ever happens on Craigslist to find the weekend or VIP pass I need to get self and a friend. We would need them at least a week before or more, in order to prepare our trip down to Seattle. I have to notify my boss at least one week or more to get 2 days off from work.

A few days before ECCC? Not possible given that I am almost 3 hours away from Seattle. I will try post an "wanted" ad in the forums here later when April month come near. I want go to that show!! :sumo:

Amazing how big this convention has become.

I attended in 2005 when it was held at the QWest centre, and just walked up to the kiosk there first day and bought a full ticket immediately, with no waiting.

I attended in 2005 when it was held at the QWest centre, and just walked up to the kiosk there first day and bought a full ticket immediately, with no waiting.

Wasn't it up in Lynnwood or Bellevue back in the days? I started attending at the Seattle Convention center 4-5 years ago.

Wasn't it up in Lynnwood or Bellevue back in the days? I started attending at the Seattle Convention center 4-5 years ago.

Nope, it started in QWest where there essentially had very few people attending in the early days. They really built up this show and that's why it was so attractive to Reed that they purchased it.

Are these the steps to book an ECCC hotel?

1. buy ticket online

2. Join MyShow with Reed Pop promos (get spam about their other int'l comic-cons like Beijing, Shanghai, Bangalore (India)?)

3. Then try to book a downtown Seattle hotel? (shrug)

Seems like Reed Promos has arranged more downtown Seattle hotel rooms at decent rates but they are still selling rooms out fast for the Thursday April 7, 2016 night:

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/About/Travel/Official-Hotels/

Managed to get Holiday Inn Seattle City Center 2 queens beds for $113 plus taxes so $130/night. About a 9 block walk to comicon. Parking will probably be extra. Basic breakfast may be included since it is a Holiday Inn? :wishluck: Cost of wifi in hotel room? :ohnoez:

Recommend you reserve your hotel room(s) now, pay later. <3

Seems like Reed Promos has arranged more downtown Seattle hotel rooms at decent rates but they are still selling rooms out fast for the Thursday April 7, 2016 night:

http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/About/Travel/Official-Hotels/

Managed to get Holiday Inn Seattle City Center 2 queens beds for $113 plus taxes so $130/night. About a 9 block walk to comicon. Parking will probably be extra. Basic breakfast may be included since it is a Holiday Inn? :wishluck: Cost of wifi in hotel room? :ohnoez:

Recommend you reserve your hotel room(s) now, pay later. <3

HI Seattle Center doesn't ofer free breaky. Only the Express does. FYI!

I have Westin as back up at $89 and Hyatt at $129 though :headbang: . Although the $29 at the Hilton would have been awesome.

dang that is a good deal @ $29!

if only I didn't mess up the date!!