• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

I'm having some trouble finding this info (which seems silly) - what time does the show open for exhibitors on Thursday?

According to the manual for Thursday, exhibitors can set-up starting at 8am to 1:45pm. Show opens to the public at 2pm and goes until 7pm on Thursday. I am unsure if VIP ticket holders get in 30 minutes early like in year's past, if so you would want to be totally set-up by 1:30pm just to be safe.

This is the first year that exhibitors are allowed to set-up two days in advance. In the past it has always been the day before the show but this year exhibitors can set-up on Tuesday, which is quite nice.

Five days and I will be in Seattle! :headbang:

Right now it is calling for "partly cloudy" for con time but we here in Seattle like to refer to that as "partly sunny". Our weather changes fairly rapidly at times so its hard to say what next week will be like but just come prepared for rain just to be safe.

Right now it is calling for "partly cloudy" for con time but we here in Seattle like to refer to that as "partly sunny". Our weather changes fairly rapidly at times so its hard to say what next week will be like but just come prepared for rain just to be safe.

SEATTLE WEATHER CONVERSION CHART:

"Partly Cloudy" = Not THAT much rain

"Not THAT much rain" = Midwest deluge

"Midwest deluge" = East Coast spring shower

Do I get to mock you again for another Kansas choke job?

Do I get to mock you again for another Kansas choke job?

:frustrated:

At least they took care of Maryland... :golfclap:

Jim Lee too

If anyone could meet him, I would consider him a guest, but this year (like they did previously) is he comes up but is only doing the private signing event, that people can enter to win a wristband to attend. Those who win a wristband can get up to five books signed. Unsure how many wristbands will be given out but the signing event is only on Thursday.

Deciding if I should fly or drive. The day I'm leaving it'll be raining decently.

I'm looking for two tickets to the Saturday show. If you have extra tickets, and want to let it go, please PM me.

Thanks!

You may want to try the local Seattle Craigslist site, but generally getting people to hold items is tough and then there are those who sell their items but never remove their ad. I am sure if you come down you will find tickets being sold outside the venue, sure there will be scalpers but you may find some people selling at cost, or slightly over. Generally there are people who have friends who can't go so they give their tickets to friends who can in hopes of recouping their money back so they sell them outside the doors on the street.

Any one going to the show have a 9.8 graded or high grade raw .. can meet in person at con to get the deal done

PM me if you can help..I rather set something up if possible then go from dealer to dealer looking for it

Cover_of_The_Punisher_Limited_Series_-1.jpg

I'm looking for two tickets to the Saturday show. If you have extra tickets, and want to let it go, please PM me.

Thanks!

You may want to try the local Seattle Craigslist site, but generally getting people to hold items is tough and then there are those who sell their items but never remove their ad. I am sure if you come down you will find tickets being sold outside the venue, sure there will be scalpers but you may find some people selling at cost, or slightly over. Generally there are people who have friends who can't go so they give their tickets to friends who can in hopes of recouping their money back so they sell them outside the doors on the street.

I'll keep that in mind. I am surprised some are attempting to sell their tickets on CL at such aggressive prices. Thanks for the tips.

I'll keep that in mind. I am surprised some are attempting to sell their tickets on CL at such aggressive prices. Thanks for the tips.

Yeah but as the show gets closer, prices will come down. There are people who still think the longer they hold on to their badges the more they can get, which is the exact opposite. You should be able to find them at or around cost, no guarantees, but generally a few days before the show prices fall or as mentioned, some people come in from out of town with their friends tickets in hopes to sell them for them outside the venue.