• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

It's sad when Wizard World Portland guest list is better then ECCC. If it wasn't for Fillion and Staples this show would be a total letdown for me. I was hoping when Reedpop bought ECCC it would continue to get bigger and better. Can you imagine how long the lines are going to be this year with such a weak guest list and a sold out show.

Since I didn't get the chance to buy a VIP pass to ECCC this year... It is doubtful I would find,if lucky, this ticket. I have to drop out the plans in going there. Given what with our loonie going down, it is maybe for the best. Next year, will try again.

At least I can go to Calgary Comic Expo!

Since I didn't get the chance to buy a VIP pass to ECCC this year... It is doubtful I would find,if lucky, this ticket. I have to drop out the plans in going there. Given what with our loonie going down, it is maybe for the best. Next year, will try again.

At least I can go to Calgary Comic Expo!

I might be selling mine.

79 days! I waited to book a room this year and had to settle for the Weston which is 6 blocks away. Not looking forward to the 6 block climb but it is closer to Lowells. Plus, I've tried a different hotel each year I've been just to change it up a bit so we'll see how this one compares. My only complaint so far is how slow ECCC has been updating their guest list. Seems like it was much faster under the old management.

Looking forward to the show.

lol 6 blocks in Seattle isn't that much. The blocks in Seattle are very short in distance.

I used to live about 1 Seattle block from Lowells. There is a rental company that does unit rentals at the Landes Apartments if you want to look into a unit there.

79 days! I waited to book a room this year and had to settle for the Weston which is 6 blocks away. Not looking forward to the 6 block climb but it is closer to Lowells. Plus, I've tried a different hotel each year I've been just to change it up a bit so we'll see how this one compares. My only complaint so far is how slow ECCC has been updating their guest list. Seems like it was much faster under the old management.

Looking forward to the show.

lol 6 blocks in Seattle isn't that much. The blocks in Seattle are very short in distance.

I used to live about 1 Seattle block from Lowells. There is a rental company that does unit rentals at the Landes Apartments if you want to look into a unit there.

I'm old so one block is too far (more so if its raining as usual). :preach:

The guest list is looking better but as expected Morena Baccarin has canceled.

She canceled again!!!

Scheduled the show then found out she was knocked up. Show is during the no fly preggo period from what I understand.

The guest list is looking better but as expected Morena Baccarin has canceled.

She canceled again!!!

Scheduled the show then found out she was knocked up. Show is during the no fly preggo period from what I understand.

That's the case now, but I think I lost count at 13 cancellations since 2012.

I know this, because she's the only one missing from a Firefly cast-signed piece that I've sent all over the country multiple times.

Guest list or not, I'm looking forward to attending. I haven't been since 2013.

Yeah. I'm with you. I've only been once a couple of years ago and I'm stoked to go this year.

I don't know about you, but in the three years in a row that I attended the show, it went from being just the main convention room to spilling out into the hallway, to occupying two whole levels of the centre. I wonder how much bigger it's gotten since then hm

Guest list or not, I'm looking forward to attending. I haven't been since 2013.

Yeah. I'm with you. I've only been once a couple of years ago and I'm stoked to go this year.

I don't know about you, but in the three years in a row that I attended the show, it went from being just the main convention room to spilling out into the hallway, to occupying two whole levels of the centre. I wonder how much bigger it's gotten since then hm

Liam! I'll be there again for my favorite show. It's gotten bigger since you were and the planned expansion of the building is going to make it even crazier. I've been going to that show for a while now and it just keeps growing.

BTW, I have Soldier in iTunes!

While I have not been to John Howie Steak in Bellevue, I was not impressed with Ruth Chris. If you want a great steak for those coming in for ECCC, I would highly recommend Metropolitian Grill downtown.

Sunday tickets for ECCC have now sold out. But don't let that discourage those wanting to come, there will be plenty of tickets sold not only on eBay but the local Craigslist here. The 2016 show will mark my 11th year as an exhibitor so I have watched it go from a 7000 person show to over an 80,000 person show. Guest list needs improvement in my opinion as well as everyone else I have talked to, there are still over 60 days for them to announce more guests though. Its a great show though and has grown in size tremendously.

Unsure how it will be for 4 days, with set-up its actually 5 days for us exhibitors, some comic shops I have heard are concerned because set up day falls on new comic day (Wednesday) for them. But its just once a year, and stilll a fantastic show to be an exhibitor and also for fans.