• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

I have Westin as back up at $89 and Hyatt at $129 though :headbang: . Although the $29 at the Hilton would have been awesome.

dang that is a good deal @ $29!

if only I didn't mess up the date!!

Those are good deals on the two hotels. Those prices are half off of what I've been quoted.

I have Westin as back up at $89 and Hyatt at $129 though :headbang: . Although the $29 at the Hilton would have been awesome.

Hey hey... At least you guys got the tickets to the con! Lucky you ... I need to hunt up couple of passes to buy for me and my buddy. :sorry:

You can't reserve a hotel room unless you have a ticket first for sure.

Those are good deals on the two hotels. Those prices are half off of what I've been quoted.

One of the perks in working in a hotel. You get special rates and pretty much you know what the special codes are :grin:

Hey hey... At least you guys got the tickets to the con! Lucky you ... I need to hunt up couple of passes to buy for me and my buddy. :sorry:

You can actually book a room without the tickets.

You can actually book a room without the tickets.

No, what is the point of booking a room if I don't have a ticket for ECCC? If I do book it but have no reason to be in Seattle anywhere (without ECCC). Then it is a waste of my time in booking then canceling again later.

Fan Boy,

You can cancel the ECCC comicon hotel reservation without a penalty up to about 2 weeks before the big show so I recommend you reserve your preferred hotel location and dates now before the allocations are :tonofbricks: sold out. Gives collectors/fans time :applause: to firm up their dates and try to buy online tix for Thursday night, the weekend or whenever.

For those of you who do want to venture out to our fine city for ECCC, as I mentioned before, there will be plenty of people who will be reselling their passes and the closer the show gets, the cheaper the tickets will become. People still seem to think who are buying the resell that they can get more the longer they wait, which is how it was back in the days before the internet for concert ticket, etc, but with eBay, Craigslist, etc, those who wait until the last minute generally find themselves competing with others reselling and all parties involve end up undercutting each other which is great for those fans who want to go.

The VIP ticket holders generally seem to buy those for themselves to go, what is mainly offered on eBay and the local Seattle Craigslist site are the standard tickets (4-Day, 3-Day, etc) so the best deals will be closer to the show for those wanting to save some money compared to the eBay prices now.

Hotel-wise, I realize for most they want to stay as close to the convention center as possible, but if you drive here, or you rent a car, staying outside of Seattle will generally save you a lot of money, there are inexpensive hotels all over the place. Just don't forget they are tolling the 520 floating bridge which is a main way to get into Seattle and parts of the 405 freeway are now being tolled.

For those of you who do want to venture out to our fine city for ECCC, as I mentioned before, there will be plenty of people who will be reselling their passes and the closer the show gets, the cheaper the tickets will become. People still seem to think who are buying the resell that they can get more the longer they wait, which is how it was back in the days before the internet for concert ticket, etc, but with eBay, Craigslist, etc, those who wait until the last minute generally find themselves competing with others reselling and all parties involve end up undercutting each other which is great for those fans who want to go.

The VIP ticket holders generally seem to buy those for themselves to go, what is mainly offered on eBay and the local Seattle Craigslist site are the standard tickets (4-Day, 3-Day, etc) so the best deals will be closer to the show for those wanting to save some money compared to the eBay prices now.

Hotel-wise, I realize for most they want to stay as close to the convention center as possible, but if you drive here, or you rent a car, staying outside of Seattle will generally save you a lot of money, there are inexpensive hotels all over the place. Just don't forget they are tolling the 520 floating bridge which is a main way to get into Seattle and parts of the 405 freeway are now being tolled.

As a fellow Seattle resident, I can say that this post is 100 percent spot on.

Two questions ... Are you saying that the VIP tickets wouldn't be offered on eBay or Seattle Craigslist?

How will they collect the toll fee on these roads if someone from out-of-state drive by to the ECCC? Like from B.C. Canada

Two questions ... Are you saying that the VIP tickets wouldn't be offered on eBay or Seattle Craigslist?

How will they collect the toll fee on these roads if someone from out-of-state drive by to the ECCC? Like from B.C. Canada

All toll roads have a couple cash (change) booths where you pay the toll. I've got the EZPass in my area so I don't need to stop but they always take cold hard cash.

The only Freeway that has tolls is the 405. Just stay on I-5 if your coming from Vancouver. There's no need to worry about tolls. That Freeway is on the outskirts of Seattle.

TollRoadMap_web_510x728px_zpsxhwlg1cw.png

All toll roads have a couple cash (change) booths where you pay the toll. I've got the EZPass in my area so I don't need to stop but they always take cold hard cash.

There are no cash booths. It's all electronic and if you don't have the "pass" they take a photo of your license and mail you a higher fee to pay. I don't know about out of state/country plates but I would assume they would still do that.

There are no cash booths. It's all electronic and if you don't have the "pass" they take a photo of your license and mail you a higher fee to pay. I don't know about out of state/country plates but I would assume they would still do that.

That what I thought so - we have the same system on 2 of the new toll bridges (later if approved, will be a 3rd toll bridge next) up in B.C. here. So ... I guess I will use I-5 road since I don't have EZPass in hand. Are there somewhere like a store that out of state visitors can get some sort of pass cards for one weekend period?

79 days! I waited to book a room this year and had to settle for the Weston which is 6 blocks away. Not looking forward to the 6 block climb but it is closer to Lowells. Plus, I've tried a different hotel each year I've been just to change it up a bit so we'll see how this one compares. My only complaint so far is how slow ECCC has been updating their guest list. Seems like it was much faster under the old management.

Looking forward to the show.

Not impressed with the guest list so far this year. Only a few celebs worth seeing to justify my fast pass and very few comic guests I recognize. Of course, that could be because I barely watch TV anymore and most of the comics I still read are from Image and Dark Horse.