• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con, April 7-10, 2016, Seattle, WA

343 posts in this topic

Jim Lee added to the lineup.

Yeah but not sure why they are listing him as a "guest" which kind of implies he will be there for anyone to meet, when in fact he is only appearing Thursday and his signing is a wristband-required event and the only way to get a wristband is via their contest.

Yeah but not sure why they are listing him as a "guest" which kind of implies he will be there for anyone to meet, when in fact he is only appearing Thursday and his signing is a wristband-required event and the only way to get a wristband is via their contest.

That's a bummer.

That's a bummer.

Agreed but they have to do this because everytime they don't there's always at least about a dozen people with crates full of comics for him to sign and the line doesn't move for seemingly hours at a time. If they won't limit the amount of items you can ask for him to sign, I suppose this is the next best thing.

That's a bummer.

Agreed but they have to do this because everytime they don't there's always at least about a dozen people with crates full of comics for him to sign and the line doesn't move for seemingly hours at a time. If they won't limit the amount of items you can ask for him to sign, I suppose this is the next best thing.

Don't even get me started with those people with crates of comics. :cool:

Lee is basically in town for the DC Comics Rolling Roadshow that occurs Thursday evening (after the first convention day is over with) for comic book retailers only, so the signing during the show on Thursday is just an added bonus provided a person wins one of the wristbands. They did it a few years ago here in Seattle as well, again, random wristbands were handed out for his brief signing and I think at that time it was limited to 2-3 items per person. This time they are doing it as a contest so its completely random and those who win can get up to 5 items signed. Lee then does the retailer seminar that night and unsure if he will stick around the show unofficially walking around or he heads back home. I think he is in Paris now or was recently so the guy is probably tired of all the traveling.

Deciding if I should fly or drive. The day I'm leaving it'll be raining decently.

How far do you have to travel to get to Seattle?

It's just under five hours driving time, or forty minutes on a plane.

Deciding if I should fly or drive. The day I'm leaving it'll be raining decently.

Overnight parking in Seattle is not cheap and I hate driving anywhere these days so I'm flying in. Also, my flight is early so after I drop off my stuff at the Westin I plan on heading straight to Lowells for breakfast.

See you at the show Toast.

Yeah I say fly too, while the guest list could have been much better, it will still be fun. I head down Tuesday for set-up, was going to go to Image Expo on Wednesday but decided not to do. They should have simply made it part of ECCC.

Overnight parking in Seattle is not cheap and I hate driving anywhere these days so I'm flying in. Also, my flight is early so after I drop off my stuff at the Westin I plan on heading straight to Lowells for breakfast.

Definitely will see you there :applause:

Think I'll drive and just take my time getting there.

yeah. i will be there too from wed night until monday.

should be walking about and looking around

if anyone needs me..........i should be sitting with francis manapul or jerome opena.

anyone want to see any art from my website......

please im me to let me know

see yall soon

Definitely will see you there :applause:

Think I'll drive and just take my time getting there.

You can always park at our place and we can carpool in Royce. I got a parking pass and all, we live on Alki. 15 minutes from the convention center. Not quite 8 miles out

yeah. i will be there too from wed night until monday.

should be walking about and looking around

if anyone needs me..........i should be sitting with francis manapul or jerome opena.

anyone want to see any art from my website......

please im me to let me know

see yall soon

:hi:

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated! I'm going to be bouncing in and out and don't want to inconvenience anyone. But I will definitely find you there!

No worries. If you change you mind just let me know. See you there sir

I much prefer the lottery system for Jim Lee versus the early bird system of two years ago. (and I was one of the early birds that got a wristband).

It will just be nice to know either you see him or not going into it, and no worry about rushing to the line in time to get a wristband.

THREE DAYS OUT. :banana:

Thanks for the offer, much appreciated! I'm going to be bouncing in and out and don't want to inconvenience anyone. But I will definitely find you there!

No worries. If you change you mind just let me know. See you there sir

(thumbs u