• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Final Round

83 posts in this topic

Great tourney.

It's all about the head to head.

Realistically I think I only won two rounds with the highest score. The first and the last.

No major fouls were made and I was generally consistent enough to pull through.

I grade what I think CGC will grade which isn't always how I personally grade :lol:

Thanks again

Great books. Great banter and competition

Congrats Collin. You're the most consistent grader we've ever seen. You're a hell of a grader.

Congratulations, comicdey, and to everyone who even participated in the tournament.

Thanks to BUTM, sckao, and all the others that made this tourney possible.

Maybe I can come back next year and make it into the round of 32!

:applause:

-slym

Pretty cool too Collin had to survive a double OT match as well! (worship)

That was luck. One of us should have won the first OT but warlocks soul gem blinded us to the defects

Pretty cool too Collin had to survive a double OT match as well! (worship)

That was luck. One of us should have won the first OT but warlocks soul gem blinded us to the defects

:hi:

(Catrick takes a last look at the standings, grins a bit at making the Sweet Sixteen this year, tips his fedora to all involved)

Congratulations to Comicdey for winning the grading tournament! I think it's fun for all involved and we all learn a little bit more about grading each and every year. Congrats all around to everyone who participated this year. (thumbs u

Thanks everyone I had a blast with this. I still think we need more trash talk next year, so be prepared, I'm going to bring it baby :boo:

"You grade so badly, all your PGX books failed the prescreen."

"You grade so badly, you gave Lady GaGa a 9.8."

"You grade so badly, you were pleased with your order from Mile High Comics."

"You grade so badly, you buy raw silver age from eBay."

Also, like a college program without a storied history of success, I'm going to hang my final four banner in my sig line :sumo:

Do I get a "No Colin" pass next year in the first round.

Only if you spell my name right :-)

Also

How come I keep ending up in the North East and South East every year l start this tourney.

I should be in the Far North West :sumo:

Doesn't geography mean anything to anyone these days. hm

Also

How come I keep ending up in the North East and South East every year l start this tourney.

Actually, I (or rather the spreadsheet) did the picking and slot selection this year... so NO, no one cares about geography.

Top Picks were matched against Lower Picks inversely and via a pattern across two 64 Team Brackets.

(I also don't have access to the PM Application entries if they happened to say what region anyone should be in...)

Man o man! What a tourney! Congrats to the players and winners, thanks to the organizers and men behind the scenes. (worship)
+1 (worship)

+2 Congrats to the three time champ

Also

Actually, I (or rather the spreadsheet) did the picking and slot selection this year... so NO, no one cares about geography.

Top Picks were matched against Lower Picks inversely and via a pattern across two 64 Team Brackets.

(I also don't have access to the PM Application entries if they happened to say what region anyone should be in...)

:lol:

I was kidding :cloud9: