• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

cross-posting my observation from the Water Cooler:

This show was just okay.

If it wasn't related to the Walking Dead I probably would like it even less. I'm just glad that the other Executive Producers who put this spinoff together didn't get Scott Gimple's job as show runner of the original series. So in that respect, they have had a chance to have their voice heard without ruining the WD original so this series served a valuable purpose.

Long live Scott Gimple!!!!!

About the finale....

What was the orange stuff in the ocean at the end they kept showing?

Kelp/seaweed.

-slym

Don't think that's the case. They showed it way too much for it to be nothing. A few other reviews I read said

it was the infection

Seriously? WT :censored: at this point I'm seriously wondering if I'll be back naxt season. :facepalm:

Don't think that's the case. They showed it way too much for it to be nothing. A few other reviews I read said

it was the infection

Seriously? WT :censored:

What's your problem with that possibility?

Does it get better after the first three episodes? The wife and I find all the characters really annoying.

IMO.... no.

There's a new character introduced near the end that has promise for season 2, but the family pretty much stays the same throughout.

Does it get better after the first three episodes? The wife and I find all the characters really annoying.

IMO.... no.

There's a new character introduced near the end that has promise for season 2, but the family pretty much stays the same throughout.

This.

IMO.... no.

This.

I felt the same way. I watched every episode and can't even remember if I bothered watching the finale. It wasn't HORRIBLE, but I never felt like I cared for the characters or what happened to them. That's the main difference with the Walking Dead - people care about them so when something happens or someone dies, it has a better effect. I disliked just about every character in Fear TWD...

I had a lot of problems with this show, but am watching it for the second time through and like it a lot better than I remember the first time around. It's still not perfect and there are glaring problems, but I'm looking forward to the second season.

I thought I remembered hearing that someone from the Flight 462 mini episodes would be added as a regular cast member. I'm guessing it'll be the chick. Maybe the kid. If that actually happens, that is.

I had a lot of problems with this show, but am watching it for the second time through and like it a lot better than I remember the first time around. It's still not perfect and there are glaring problems, but I'm looking forward to the second season.

I thought I remembered hearing that someone from the Flight 462 mini episodes would be added as a regular cast member. I'm guessing it'll be the chick. Maybe the kid. If that actually happens, that is.

I heard that as well. I hope it's the chick.

Anyone watch the premiere last night?

I have high hopes for this show. Unlike last year, I think that there is some potential in some of these characters once the writers flesh them out.

I'm a little nervous about it not being based on Kirkman's stories, but that could be a positive if they don't screw it up because they won't feel tied to the books and can do whatever the hell they want.

Just started watching the 1st season (a little behind on my shows) and really liked the pilot. Lots more drama then the walking dead and felt more in tuned with 28 days later which I loved. I may watch another right now since I'm hooked.

Let me know when you get to the point where it wouldn't bother you if the entire family (and especially Baby Depp) were eaten.

I love this show. :shy:

I actually like Nick (Baby Depp). It's Chris I can't stand. That kid sucks. And the sister is... :luhv:

I'll admit that some of the characters are annoying and the dialogue is lacking at times (as is the acting), but I like watching an actual zombie apocalypse/SHTF show more than what TWD has become.