• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

Right, but the moment he comes toward me, with "come hither" eyes, I'm dropping him.

The main father is much more passive than me, but I don't think that makes me, or the other Latino father, a sociopath.

For instance, if I walk into my living room, and my neighbor is eating my German Shepeherd, I am putting him down, no questions asked.

And in my own intimate reflection of self, I do not consider myself a sociopath.

Do you agree that catching the dog eating neighbor and resolving the situation more forcefully does NOT lean towards sociopathy?

I see what you are saying but we live in a world where zombies and their actions are main stream. In this world, there are no zombie folklore, books or movies. Seeing your neighbor eating the dog would be a WTF moment, but not necessarily a immediately shoot him in the head moment...in that world. Heck, if you walked in right now and found your neighbor eating your dog and you shot him in the head, you would be the one going to prison. lol But your honor...I thought he was a zombie. Honest!

No you would not.

You absolutely would not.

Right, but the moment he comes toward me, with "come hither" eyes, I'm dropping him.

The main father is much more passive than me, but I don't think that makes me, or the other Latino father, a sociopath.

I agree.

I didn't call either of them that.

I just think anyone capable, when the world was normal yesterday, to be able to decide in an instant that the babysitter or next door neighbor gets it between the eyes point blank is detached from reality and lacking the inhibitors in the normal conscience that prevents people from taking (what they think is) a life.

The older dad has seen enough evidence and knows what he's dealing with. The younger has seen as much evidence but is in serious denial over what it means and is still hoping, beyond logic and evidence, that this will pass without him having to let go of the world as he knows it.

Anyone who sees a dog being eaten in their living room or their neighbor snarling through the fence and can immediately take a hammer to their head without a second thought may be a sociopath. (Spoken in the tone of "you may be a redneck..)

It's that "second thought" that separates sociopath from reasonable dude defending himself.

For instance, if I walk into my living room, and my neighbor is eating my German Shepeherd, I am putting him down, no questions asked.

And in my own intimate reflection of self, I do not consider myself a sociopath.

Do you agree that catching the dog eating neighbor and resolving the situation more forcefully does NOT lean towards sociopathy?

I see what you are saying but we live in a world where zombies and their actions are main stream. In this world, there are no zombie folklore, books or movies. Seeing your neighbor eating the dog would be a WTF moment, but not necessarily a immediately shoot him in the head moment...in that world. Heck, if you walked in right now and found your neighbor eating your dog and you shot him in the head, you would be the one going to prison. lol But your honor...I thought he was a zombie. Honest!

No you would not.

If you walked in your living room today and your neighbor is eating your dog and you shot him, you think that would be justified? In some states yes, but in a lot not a chance.

No you would not.

If you walked in your living room today and your neighbor is eating your dog and you shot him, you think that would be justified? In some states yes, but in a lot not a chance.

I believe in some countries that would be considered good luck.

I agree.

I didn't call either of them that.

I just think anyone capable, when the world was normal yesterday, to be able to decide in an instant that the babysitter or next door neighbor gets it between the eyes point blank is detached from reality and lacking the inhibitors in the normal conscience that prevents people from taking (what they think is) a life.

The older dad has seen enough evidence and knows what he's dealing with. The younger has seen as much evidence but is in serious denial over what it means and is still hoping, beyond logic and evidence, that this will pass without him having to let go of the world as he knows it.

Anyone who sees a dog being eaten in their living room or their neighbor snarling through the fence and can immediately take a hammer to their head without a second thought may be a sociopath. (Spoken in the tone of "you may be a redneck..)

It's that "second thought" that separates sociopath from reasonable dude defending himself.

There are some degrees of difference between your position and mine. I don't know how many, but some.

No you would not.

IMHO, most states... (And according to Caira, lucky as well, in parts of the world!)

No you would not.

IMHO, most states... (And according to Caira, lucky as well, in parts of the world!)

And it really depends on whether or not I've been retained to defend you.

lol

All you would need is a jury of dog lovers and you good to go! Just for the record, I personally think it should be justified but playing devils advocate for what they are trying to portray on the show and their mindset.

No you would not.

If the dog is bit

You must acquit

No you would not.

If the dog is bit

You must acquit

:roflmao:

I am so done with the show, the characters can't even act & already hoping that Rick, Darryl, Glenn & Carol and the others have a cameo appearance and just wipe them all out. My fear of this show is that I wasted my hour watching this

There's no Walking Dead for anyone to Fear in this show.

If they wanted to show how the world collapsed and at the same time show no zombies perhaps they shouldn't have set the show in/near the 2nd most populous city in the U.S

This is a fair criticism. I was confused at first how it went from the zombie outbreak starting to there being no one alive outside the fence. They are in East LA which is very densly populated. Even if 9 days already took place since last episode, there should be a lot of zombies and humans trying to get in the fences.

As I said in the other thread, maybe we will get lucky and zombies will eat the druggy son and annoying daughter. :wishluck:

At least you guys didn't prepay. I bought the season pass on iTunes before the first episode aired. I figured I can't go wrong. Now I'm forced to watch this garbage through in its entirety. I figure they gotta at least give us a decent final episode. Please?

I bought the sleepytime bundle, with extra snooze to boot. It even came with tea bags.

ST_3D_Web.png

AMC made available the 1st 3 eps. Watched 2 but gave up. I tend to agree with the criticisms I see here about acting, plot etc. Then again I stopped watching TWD when they hit that organized town a couple or so seasons ago. That direction change just made me lose interest. :(