• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

I really enjoyed the second episode. Better than anything the main show has done for a long time.

My guess is the 2 groups will eventually converge when FTWD ends.

Shoot. As slow as Rick's group moves around??? It's been two years and they've barely made it of Georgia.

They won't meet up with a group from LA for, like, ever.

I really enjoyed the second episode. Better than anything the main show has done for a long time.

Shoot. As slow as Rick's group moves around??? It's been two years and they've barely made it of Georgia.

It also makes no sense. One group in the southeast and the other in southern California. Given the logistical difficulties of traveling cross country with potentially millions of zombies in your way, it makes zero sense for both groups to meet.

On the other hand, this is television so yeah, both groups will meet up doh!

Man if they ever release a comic for Fear the Walking Dead it's gonna be as hot as Fantastic Four #52.....I just know it.

qfwjl.jpg

Wow, looks like I need to sell a few of those, didn't realize it had jumped like that. :ohnoez:

Man if they ever release a comic for Fear the Walking Dead it's gonna be as hot as Fantastic Four #52.....I just know it.

qfwjl.jpg

Wow, looks like I need to sell a few of those, didn't realize it had jumped like that. :ohnoez:

Just make sure you pump before you dump

It also makes no sense. One group in the southeast and the other in southern California. Given the logistical difficulties of traveling cross country with potentially millions of zombies in your way, it makes zero sense for both groups to meet.

This is also at the start of it all, so back before S1 of TWD. It's not unreasonable to think they could catch a plane east before it got too bad. Have an episode where they board a plane, some people become zombies and it forces them to land the plane in say, Mississippi, or somewhere close. Then they have that period of time between S1 and S4 of TWD to make it to Georgia.

This is also at the start of it all, so back before S1 of TWD. It's not unreasonable to think they could catch a plane east before it got too bad. Have an episode where they board a plane, some people become zombies and it forces them to land the plane in say, Mississippi, or somewhere close. Then they have that period of time between S1 and S4 of TWD to make it to Georgia.

There is that standalone episode they filmed and will be showing after this season is over that takes place on a plane. hm

Maybe they will head to DC? hm

If you ever saw Lost i loved the storyline in the first half of season 2 when they introduced the tailies and we saw everything from their perspective right until they meet up with the original characters in a big moment when

Ana Lucia kills Shannon by accident

If you ever saw Lost i loved the storyline in the first half of season 2 when they introduced the tailies and we saw everything from their perspective right until they meet up with the original characters in a big moment when

I admire your adherence to spoiler tags even when it's an episode that aired about 10 years ago. lol

I recall that there was one scene while I watched a trailer of Fear TWD. it showed one guy boarding a bus going out on its path to somewhere. Not the chubby kid, but a man with a hood over his head. I get to think after watching the first and second episodes ... might this hooded guy be the "patient Zero" carrying the zombie virus?

After all, the new short series is taken place in L.A. right? TWD series took place in Georgia. As well the same with the other cities. Maybe I'm being silly in thinking that? Hey it's a TV show to have fun watching anyway! Whatever... lol

I admire your adherence to spoiler tags even when it's an episode that aired about 10 years ago. lol

lollol

Like the latest episode. They are really pushing the buttons of the hardcore indoctrinated WD fan. I love that they are setting up the split stories of the naive who've never faced a crisis and the ones who've seen the horrors that humanity can face and how they are reacting to the dawn of the crisis put on screen this time.

The annoyance I feel at the characters who hesitate and are reluctant to act decisively when faced with life and death (or after-life and death) decisions force me to think about how I would react if my life went from normal one day and deciding whether or not I should bludgeon my kids elderly babysitter in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

That type of decision, in reality, would be paralyzing for all but the most text book of sociopath. The denial of the world as I know it ending would be crushing even if logic points to only one conclusion.

Well done.

Like the latest episode. They are really pushing the buttons of the hardcore indoctrinated WD fan. I love that they are setting up the split stories of the naive who've never faced a crisis and the ones who've seen the horrors that humanity can face and how they are reacting to the dawn of the crisis put on screen this time.

The annoyance I feel at the characters who hesitate and are reluctant to act decisively when faced with life and death (or after-life and death) decisions force me to think about how I would react if my life went from normal one day and deciding whether or not I should bludgeon my kids elderly babysitter in the head with a ball-peen hammer.

That type of decision, in reality, would be paralyzing for all but the most text book of sociopath. The denial of the world as I know it ending would be crushing even if logic points to only one conclusion.

Well done.

I think you state your case too forcefully.

For instance, if I walk into my living room, and my neighbor is eating my German Shepeherd, I am putting him down, no questions asked.

And in my own intimate reflection of self, I do not consider myself a sociopath.

There are plenty of shades of grey between hesitant Samaritan and textbook sociopath.

The two Latino fathers are doing a great job of showing the viewer multiple ways to make difficult choices. I find myself agreeing with both of them.

EDIT: (preEDIT! I edited before I posted)

I DO agree using your example, that killing the babysitter with no effort leans towards sociopathy.

Do you agree that catching the dog eating neighbor and resolving the situation more forcefully does NOT lean towards sociopathy?

I liked last night's epi as well. looks Like we're heading into the military abusing their power angle. Honestly, you would think military led compounds would be the most likely to survive this, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

One sour note with me is the the fact that no one seems overly traumatized. How often do you see someone's head obliterated by a shotgun in your own home? Plus your childhood babysitter lurking out back, craving some brains. The zombie seemed to kill the german shepherd too easily as well, not an easy feat bare handed.

... nit-picking

For instance, if I walk into my living room, and my neighbor is eating my German Shepeherd, I am putting him down, no questions asked.

And in my own intimate reflection of self, I do not consider myself a sociopath.

Do you agree that catching the dog eating neighbor and resolving the situation more forcefully does NOT lean towards sociopathy?

I see what you are saying but we live in a world where zombies and their actions are main stream. In this world, there are no zombie folklore, books or movies. Seeing your neighbor eating the dog would be a WTF moment, but not necessarily a immediately shoot him in the head moment...in that world. Heck, if you walked in right now and found your neighbor eating your dog and you shot him in the head, you would be the one going to prison. lol But your honor...I thought he was a zombie. Honest!

Well done.

I think you state your case too forcefully.

There are plenty of shades of grey between hesitant Samaritan and textbook sociopath.

The two Latino fathers are doing a great job of showing the viewer multiple ways to make difficult choices. I find myself agreeing with both of them.

EDIT: (preEDIT! I edited before I posted)

I DO agree using your example, that killing the babysitter with no effort leans towards sociopathy.

What I mean is, I get the "he's sick" analysis the guy went through. My first thought, in a normal world would not be "double tap to the forehead". Once he attacks me I can see defending myself, but just eating the dog would be terribly frightening but in the back of my mind I may be worried about getting the gas chamber for murdering my neighbor for eating a dog in my living room.