• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FEAR TWD TV SHOW --- Official Discussion Thread

285 posts in this topic

About the finale....

What was the orange stuff in the ocean at the end they kept showing?

Kelp/seaweed.

-slym

Don't think that's the case. They showed it way too much for it to be nothing. A few other reviews I read said

it was the infection

About the finale....

Kelp/seaweed.

-slym

Don't think that's the case. They showed it way too much for it to be nothing. A few other reviews I read said

it was the infection

link?

It appears if someone opens the Colosseum the entire area will be over run. I think the final of this season will show the collapse of society.

his wife is dead, he'll get pissed when the news comes and release the wraith!!! Like you said, open of the stadium is definitely the season ending. That salesman voice is like James Earl Jones, interesting character.

Between the gross oversimplified caricature of the military and the coliseum o' zombies, my fifteen year old son and I rolled our eyes so hard, we got migraines.

We'll watch the last episode, but we'll do it with detached hipster glasses and snooty French wine.

They went the, "military guys want to molest the heroine" route.

My son and I spewed out our expensive French wine.

yet they didn't

the point (of many) is how quickly society can go down the crapper. we're talking about 2 weeks.

including the military. of course, what we also see is that the troops on the ground don't seem to have an interest in clearing out civilian populations, they just want to get the heck out of there and go home. the military brass, maybe have different thoughts.

Okay.

About the finale....

Kelp/seaweed.

-slym

it was the infection

Would make sense. And a way to essentially show

"you can't escape by just getting to Europe/Asia/Australia/Some remote island/etc"

About the finale....

Kelp/seaweed.

-slym

it was the infection

Would make sense. And a way to essentially show

"you can't escape by just getting to Europe/Asia/Australia/Some remote island/etc"

Another film, another TV show, more tightly and more effectively scripted and shot I would agree with this.

There's just so much filler in this show, impacting the pacing, that I doubt every single scene "means" something.

I don't think every scene means anything in this show. But from time to time, they manage some actual honest to god storytelling & use narrative tools like foreshadowing & allusion. But there is an insane amount of filler in this show.

It's just like there's SOMETHING that the show is missing. Like some sort of ... something. I can't quite put my finger on it. A few AMC shows have suffered from that. Mad Men, Breaking Bad, the OG Walking Dead... all had this like... build-up without the metaphorical orgasm. It's like television edging. That doesn't take away from their quality (sometimes), but I still felt like I needed a payoff of some sort. Even something tiny. Something that pushes the plot forward a little more regularly instead of middling around for a little bit for no reason & then lurching forward.

Edited by Doktor

Oh, it's almost definitely kelp. But the writers can claim it's something else. I kept waiting to actually see SOMETHING there when the camera panned to the ocean but was just like... "um... ok... seaweed... kelp... ok then. Nothing, I guess"

Oh, it's almost definitely kelp. But the writers can claim it's something else. I kept waiting to actually see SOMETHING there when the camera panned to the ocean but was just like... "um... ok... seaweed... kelp... ok then. Nothing, I guess"

it could also have been simply to show how far out the boat was on the water.

I think the writers are trying to keep the really important stuff to themselves for our imaginations. Like how nobody really knew that the dead were walking in episode 4 and then, in episode 5, only 6 days later, everybody was an expert and knew exactly what was going on.

Even the old barber, by episode 6, was able to free 2000 zombies and lead a good portion of them exactly where he wanted them to be.

it could also have been simply to show how far out the boat was on the water.

The boat was like 100 yards from shore. They showed it very early on in the pan-out of the camera.

it was the infection

Since when are bacteria or viruses visible?

I need to look more closely at that stuff...anyone seen a high-res still frame of it anywhere? Just spent about ten minutes looking for one without luck.

it was the infection

Since when are bacteria or viruses visible?

I need to look more closely at that stuff...anyone seen a high-res still frame of it anywhere? Just spent about ten minutes looking for one without luck.

They aren't, but they're carried by things like blood that are visible.

At the end of the episode they aired a plug for some online content related to the show that referenced a flight number. This site hypothesizes that what they were showing in the water was wreckage from the plane they show in the online content. I can't make out wreckage myself. (shrug) Just looks like plants in this pic.

http://www.threeifbyspace.net/2015/10/fear-the-walking-dead-s1-finale-the-good-man/#.VhVRz_lVhBc

8-1030x559.jpg

Underwater zombies? Maybe zombies walked across the ocean floor?

Or it was a pointless shot meant to symbolize nothing or tease nothing & the director just thought it looked cool or deep or something.