• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We miss you nik....

63 posts in this topic

Before I stop doing birthday threads,someone deserves to be remembered. Niks birthday is April 3rd,and I know there are many here who miss him terribly.

Happy early birthday Nik.

Now I'm done with birthday threads,no April fools joke. This is it,after 5 years of doing it,you have biotched enough to render yet another nice thing to die on the vine.

For the short time I've been here, I always thought It was really cool of you to post HB threads for people. Much appreciation.

Never got a chance to meet Nik. Sounds like a great guy. Happy Birthday.

One thing you could say about Nik is that he gave far more to the forums than he ever thought about taking.

I used to pass on eBay auctions that were "US-only" to him, and I remember giving him a cheap ASM 129 + lot BIN, and then he turned around and sold the book for like $20 (the cost of the lot) in one of his sales threads. That's pretty cool.

if you truly are stopping I am sorry to hear it. A bright spot on the forum and to those who don't like the birthday threads don't read them.

I firmly agree with that!

if you truly are stopping I am sorry to hear it. A bright spot on the forum and to those who don't like the birthday threads don't read them.

I firmly agree with that!

ditto here.

And rest in peace Nik.

Before I stop doing birthday threads,someone deserves to be remembered. Niks birthday is April 3rd,and I know there are many here who miss him terribly.

Now I'm done with birthday threads,no April fools joke. This is it,after 5 years of doing it,you have biotched enough to render yet another nice thing to die on the vine.

With all of this free time, would you be willing to look after the LTPC? :idea:

I considered it a privileged to be a friend of Nik's. A small group of us had a quiet breakfast together with him at a show just before he passed away, it was the last memory I have of him. Nik went beyond touching lives if you had the opportunity to know him...he touched hearts.

He was a really nice guy to talk to. One night at a board dinner in Chicago, he explained all the items on the Greek menu to me. :cloud9:

With all of this free time, would you be willing to look after the LTPC? :idea:

If he was truly a nice guy he would do it. :baiting:

Don't let some typical grumbling from a few disrupt a great tradition.

:foryou:

Dave, please don't stop the birthday threads, they are one of the most positive things on the boards and they make a lot of people smile and feel welcome.

I'm so sorry a few people upset you, they should be standing in a corner around now holding "I will stop whining about things "signs....I hope you reconsider.... :foryou:

As for Nik, he was a total sweetheart, and very very funny. An incredibly kind, thoughtful person...but my favorite was his thread with Belladonna, because he also would not take guff...

So, think of what Nik would have told you about the Birthday threads...

And now a more thoughtful post...yes, Nik you were LEGEND on these boards and are missed by many! (thumbs u

And the Nik/Piglet Flameout was a sight to behold, and one of the best ever on these boards. Wish we had more guys like him around, thats for sure.

Dave, please don't stop the birthday threads, they are one of the most positive things on the boards and they make a lot of people smile and feel welcome.

I'm so sorry a few people upset you, they should be standing in a corner around now holding "I will stop whining about things "signs....I hope you reconsider.... :foryou:

As for Nik, he was a total sweetheart, and very very funny. An incredibly kind, thoughtful person...but my favorite was his thread with Belladonna, because he also would not take guff...

So, think of what Nik would have told you about the Birthday threads...

Nik's passing hit me like a ton of bricks.I had talked to him once or twice but it was like a member of my immediate family had left me.I still miss his style so much.

As far as the birthday threads going away,its a bad thing.Just remember some people want to get rid of our flag also. :foryou:

ps check out my location

Don't let some typical grumbling from a few disrupt a great tradition.

:foryou:

You know the only way I can get board members b-days is from the calendar,you have to add your b-day to your profile. Some don't do that,and I constantly get PM's like "hey you forgot my b-day". Well how in the hell would I know their b-day without it being on the calender? Then you get the azzhats who create threads about how much they hate the b-day threads,and it's usually the ones who didn't get a birthday thread. Irony!

It never fails someone has to create a thread regarding how much they hate it,or there are too many on a particular day. Jeez! :eyeroll:

Talk about a lot of pizzing crybabies. :baiting:

Talk about a lot of pizzing crybabies. :baiting:

Welcome to the boards. :)

Oh, and I didn't say it before but Happy Birthday Nik. I didn't know him but a lot of people on here that I like and respect hold him in the highest regard.