• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

No one's "bashing" anything - if it means that much to you then slab it and keep it. But if you're investing in it, then I understand the reaction.

Personally, if it takes three lines on the label to explain it and yet still not state "First Appearance", then to me that's stretching it.

YMMV 2c

:cool:

Dude read the thread. :facepalm:
Hey Paulo ! the market has decided ! please, PLEASE stop crying !

ON FIRE !

WOW

In all honesty i have been giving these to certain board members that are fans for under 20 bucks. I was sharing ! I am good like that ! bottom line boys !. label does not matter.. Its not a PREVIEW BOOK ! it is the first Appearance and COVER big deal to some collectors ... Even readers that read the book and understood the Cameo on back page...

Dude listen to me.. no one is bashing Captain Marvel, Volume 6, Issue Number 17 the are arguing with you because you can't let it go. You are either a very smart troll or an infuriating person. You talk about people not listening to your points, they are. Yet you repeat things that have been answered.

It is not a preview story that takes what is in Ms Marvel #1 or any other issue it is an original story that is in no other Ms Marvel single issue. The FIRST original story CENTERED around the character.

All of us arguing with you are agreeing that CM 17 2nd print is a nice book.

This thread was looking for the 1st OFFICIAL full appearance label and it has been found because of this thread.

My question is what are you arguing about? What is your goal?

No one's "bashing" anything - if it means that much to you then slab it and keep it. But if you're investing in it, then I understand the reaction.

Personally, if it takes three lines on the label to explain it and yet still not state "First Appearance", then to me that's stretching it.

YMMV 2c

ON FIRE !

WOW

In all honesty i have been giving these to certain board members that are fans for under 20 bucks. I was sharing ! I am good like that ! bottom line boys !. label does not matter.. Its not a PREVIEW BOOK ! it is the first Appearance and COVER big deal to some collectors ... Even readers that read the book and understood the Cameo on back page...

Dude listen to me.. no one is bashing Captain Marvel, Volume 6, Issue Number 17 the are arguing with you because you can't let it go. You are either a very smart troll or an infuriating person. You talk about people not listening to your points, they are. Yet you repeat things that have been answered.

It is not a preview story that takes what is in Ms Marvel #1 or any other issue it is an original story that is in no other Ms Marvel single issue. The FIRST original story CENTERED around the character.

This thread was looking for the 1st OFFICIAL full appearance label and it has been found because of this thread.

Troll? Listen newbie.... "all of us" stop.. I am fine with everyone except for you and this dumb post...Your goal was to quote bad Ms Marvel #1 prices and argue. Mine was to get another KEY label correct .... You have some good posting skills and lingo for 15 posts? Hum ......you been here before? Is this a new name for you? Edited by paul747

YMMV 2c

ON FIRE !

WOW

Troll? Listen newbie.... "all of us" stop.. I am fine with everyone except for you and this dumb post...Your goal was to quote bad Ms Marvel #1 prices and argue. Mine was to get another KEY label correct .... You have some good posting skills and lingo for 15 posts? Hum ......you been here before? Is this a new name for you?

No first time on CGC I just happen to not be filled with emotion as you are which makes logic come easy to me. But when I saw someone was looking for 1st app label I registered just to see it. I quote realistic prices sir (give or take a 20) and I'm still waiting for you to send me a link to a nice cheap Ms Marvel #1, I would like to buy one but only your superior knowledge can lead me to it, one that's still active please I'm not a fan of nostalgia. Hugs and kisses xox

YMMV 2c

ON FIRE !

WOW

Troll? Listen newbie.... "all of us" stop.. I am fine with everyone except for you and this dumb post...Your goal was to quote bad Ms Marvel #1 prices and argue. Mine was to get another KEY label correct .... You have some good posting skills and lingo for 15 posts? Hum ......you been here before? Is this a new name for you?

No first time on CGC I just happen to not be filled with emotion as you are which makes logic come easy to me. But when I saw someone was looking for 1st app label I registered just to see it. I quote realistic prices sir (give or take a 20) and I'm still waiting for you to send me a link to a nice cheap Ms Marvel #1, I would like to buy one but only your superior knowledge can lead me to it, one that's still active please I'm not a fan of nostalgia. Hugs and kisses xox

WTTB ! :foryou:

YMMV 2c

ON FIRE !

WOW

When pricing comics, it is not wise to go by eBay's BIT.

When pricing comics, one good method is to look at eBay's completed listings.

As it pertains to completed listings, I gave you the very latest completed listing's item numbers for BIT and Auction -- in this very thread.

Miss Marvel #1 First Print #1

You priced it at $125+

Last auction: $55 (also included 2 thru 7 -- item #121651121651)

Last BIT: $45 (item #261888989754)

Edited by revivedrevival

YMMV 2c

ON FIRE !

WOW

When pricing comics, it is not wise to go by eBay's BIT.

When pricing comics, one good method is to look at eBay's completed listings.

As it pertains to completed listings, I gave you the very latest completed listing's item numbers for BIT and Auction -- in this very thread.

You priced it at $125+

Okay watch what I do now: I apologize for giving fast and loose numbers... booooom bet you've never seen someone do that before.

The reason: it wasn't even part of the discussion just an FYI on prices I saw sitting at the top, wasn't to anyone in particular, it wasn't a rebuttal to anything, I was dragged into that argument. It was simply me saying that while everyone is arguing over ANMN and CM 17, hey remember this though the book that got everyone on board with a mess ton of printings and PERSONAL OPINION the book I think should be at the top of the pile value wise. However I would still like an active listing to be completely satisfied as I can't find any that go for so cheap.

The only thing I'm here for is to see a picture of the label and I will slowly back away from this conversation and board.

I quote realistic prices sir (give or take a 20) and I'm still waiting for you to send me a link to a nice cheap Ms Marvel #1, I would like to buy one but only your superior knowledge can lead me to it

You priced it at $125+

Okay watch what I do now: I apologize for giving fast and loose numbers... booooom bet you've never seen someone do that before.

The reason: it wasn't even part of the discussion just an FYI on prices I saw sitting at the top, wasn't to anyone in particular, it wasn't a rebuttal to anything, I was dragged into that argument. It was simply me saying that while everyone is arguing over ANMN and CM 17, hey remember this though the book that got everyone on board with a mess ton of printings and PERSONAL OPINION the book I think should be at the top of the pile value wise. However I would still like an active listing to be completely satisfied as I can't find any that go for so cheap.

The only thing I'm here for is to see a picture of the label and I will slowly back away from this conversation and board.

Paul and I are not trying to bully you. Nor are we trolling.

I am not certain, but confident, that Paul and I have made our share of mistakes in learning how to collect comics.

We are merely trying to help you learn.

Please reference the prices of Carol Danvers' first appearance. Kamala Khan's Ms Marvel #1 cover A is now-currently not going to be $125; not while you can get Ms Marvel #1 (1977) at its current price.

Edited by revivedrevival

ok now I'm confused. there's a guy who prefers to track pricing based on active listings (where people can set prices at any arbitrary number) RATHER than using the prices of actually completed sales? And that person is accusing other people of trolling?

As an economy major, this shocks me.

As a human, this saddens me.

For those interested and capable of understanding the most basic fundamental economics, there's simply not a hard and fast rule for how the market decides what issue is the most valued. You can use your theories, and attempt to defend them, and support them, and it might work out for you. But that doesn't mean you'll be able to convince someone else or that it will work the next time.

I'm not saying that its not worth talking about, just not worth getting too worked up over (unless someone says something so fundamentally flawed that it makes you reconsider sending your kids to public school).

Ms Marvel #1 (cover A unless otherwise noted):

Those completed eBay listings (~$50) were very recent.

As for active listings: $85 BIT or $110 for 1 thru 12 <-- NM

There's also a 1:100 listed at $100 BIT in NM+.

I do not expect the next eBay auction to sell as it has a $85 minimum bid.

Still a far cry from $125.

Joke: Global Frequency #1 RRP is listed at $2,000. That must make it a $2,000 book.

I am just trying to keep someone new to the boards from determining pricing off of a few BIT listings.

Edited by revivedrevival

Well don't worry professors I'll be gone soon. Sweet baby Jesus no wonder no one apologizes on this board they get ignored.

I am sorry ! you should hang out. this is a great place to learn, fight whatever... most here are real cool ! I am still learning for instance in this thread i should have used more icons and not tried to explain my position every time someone posted with out reading the thread ... all i have to say now is ................ :foryou:

Now i see how some guys get there posts counts up .

Well don't worry professors I'll be gone soon. Sweet baby Jesus no wonder no one apologizes on this board they get ignored.

you should hang out. this is a great place to learn, fight whatever... most here are real cool ! I ... Now i see how some guys get there posts counts up .

I am only trying to help. Truly.

Nothing wrong with comparing prices with Ms Marvel #1 1977.

Also, I made direct reference to Carol Danvers' first appearance prices.

I don't see Ms Marvel #1 (2014) over taking Ms Marvel #1 (1977) in the immediate future.

:gossip:

Ms Marvel #1 (1977) is not the first appearance of Carol Danvers.

Same can be said with Kamala Kahn in Ms Marvel (2014).

Is it not a fair comparison?

I don't see Ms Marvel #1 (2014) over taking Ms Marvel #1 (1977) in the immediate future.

No, because Carol Danvers has been around for many years (first apperance is in Marvel Super-Heroes #13, the second issue of Captain Marvel) before becoming Ms. Marvel in her own title in 1977.

And aside from the Point One brief story these single pages are just "teasers", if one wants to read Kamala Khan all he needs is to start from Ms. Marvel #1.

No, because Carol Danvers has been around for many years (first apperance is in Marvel Super-Heroes #13, the second issue of Captain Marvel) before becoming Ms. Marvel in her own title in 1977.

And aside from the Point One brief story these single pages are just "teasers", if one wants to read Kamala Khan all he needs is to start from Ms. Marvel #1.

Thank you for the edification.

I thought Carol Danvers' first appearance as Ms Marvel (Ms Marvel #1 1977) was a fair comparison to Ms. Marvel #1 (2014).

EheHnuZ.png

Edited by revivedrevival

I don’t understand you, if you re-read what I wrote that is clear.

I knew the publishing date of Marvel Super Heroes #13.

I put too much weight into Carol Danvers' first appearance as Ms. Marvel.

I used past tense, right? I didn't say "think". I said "thought".

That plus the Dumb and Dumber image (that image was in reference to me, not you).

I had a tough time rationalizing the price for Ms Marvel #1 (2014) against Ms Marvel (1977).

I still kind of do considering the price of Deadpool's first solo comic and ANMP1.

But I guess I'm :insane:

later edit: (2nd edit)

Deadpool was present in a number of issues before Circle Chase (first Deadpool series).

I'm not saying DP #1 CC is a better book, but I'm considering its current price.

Carol Danvers was present in a number of issues before Ms Marvel #1 (1977).

I guess a short appearance plus two significant appearances for Kamala Khan before Ms Marvel 2014 do not have as much impact. The covers are superb though.

Another edit [\u]

I'm not saying my logic is correct. If I don't stick my neck out, I won't learn. Thank you.

Edited by revivedrevival