• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

KAMALA KHAN
1 1

879 posts in this topic

problem is she looked old, not young...just like Silk looks young but isn't.

I agree.

I think this was either a case of really really bad communication between writer and artist or it was the fastest retcon in the history of comics.

:cool:

Anyone taking into consideration that some artists are terrible while others are good? CM 14 can be a terrible kamala khan representaion, an early concept. Doomsday looked nothing like he does now. The market has spoken, like ive and others have stated, point one wont EVER be on the same level as CM 17 2nd print.....no matter how much yall push it, theres so many copies of that book out there.

If anyone wants to argue my point maybe we can throw up a copy of CM 17 2nd print vs a copy of point ome on ebay at 0.99 auction for a week and see which book sells for more.

Anyone taking into consideration that some artists are terrible while others are good? CM 14 can be a terrible kamala khan representaion, an early concept. Doomsday looked nothing like he does now. The market has spoken, like ive and others have stated, point one wont EVER be on the same level as CM 17 2nd print.....no matter how much yall push it, theres so many copies of that book out there.

If anyone wants to argue my point maybe we can throw up a copy of CM 17 2nd print vs a copy of point ome on ebay at 0.99 auction for a week and see which book sells for more.

I disagree. I think the masses will eventually transition over to the 1st full appearance like almost every other 1st full vs cameo situation. The cover is what sold CM 17 2nd print and the shilled garbage on ebay but I doubt that will keep it on top forever.

the CM 17 2nd prices are 100% because of the cover...the 1st print sells for about $6 less than Point One regular cover.

People don't seem to care about the insides, just her big fist.

Edited by krighton

I disagree. I think the masses will eventually transition over to the 1st full appearance like almost every other 1st full vs cameo situation. The cover is what sold CM 17 2nd print and the shilled garbage on ebay but I doubt that will keep it on top forever.

Tell that to Eternal Warrior 4

You should make "the market has spoken" your tag line

All the market says about CM 17 2nd print is the ability of a few shills to manipulate the price

You should make "the market has spoken" your tag line

All the market says about CM 17 2nd print is the ability of a few shills to manipulate the price

I'm in the boat of Point One being the more significant book with respect to the character; however, I've also taken advantage of the CM 17 2nd print hype and have sold 7 at mostly greater than $100 each (all BIN). I don't see how you can state shilling is manipulating the market when only 7 of the 32 listings since April were auctions; most have been BIN. A couple of those auctions were shilly (as brought up here earlier), that doesn't take away from the strength of the healthy BINs this book has been seeing. Unless I'm missing something...

the CM 17 2nd prices are 100% because of the cover...the 1st print sells for about $6 less than Point One regular cover.

People don't seem to care about the insides, just her big fist.

Yep.

The value of that book is as bizarrely inflated as her fist :grin:

It's all about the cover, stories don't matter. Just like every other hot variant cover out there - the hobby of variant-slabbing has made the actual story itself (and thus the character inside) utterly irrelevant.

People collect covers and are paying top-dollar just for the cover picture.

Which is nice. :cool:

I don't know, 14 is just the thinnest of threads to hold onto IMHO. I'd like to see the CGC label for that one: 1st appearance of Kamala Khan (the new Ms. Marvel) in cameo, according to Kelly Sue DeConnick

Scott Hepburn was told by MARVEL to put her in issue #14. They told him to draw her in!

so its according to Marvel editorial.

I don't have even have any copies and I think this discussion is dumb.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm generally curious, but that is according to a private conversation you had with him, right Jimmy? I mean, the only place that is mentioned on the web is on your website.

So Marvel editorial can dictate that to the writer and artist, but that one panel just seems to fall in with the one panel argument of Spider Gwen/Female Thor from Deadpool vs Hawkeye 0.

The collecting public at large can decide, I'm good either way.

I can't even remember what you all are arguing now. 1st cameo, 1st full appearance, 1st print, 2nd print, 1st cover in costume, first intentional-panel-by-editors-order-with--art-so-who-cares, 2nd print of 1st full appearance, whatever.

One book has risen to the top. That is Captain Marvel #17 2nd print. Variant, Cgc label, 2nd print whatever does not matter, it is still the biggest baddest book that you have to have if you are a true Kamala Khan fan. The fans have spoken with dollar bills. Lots of good ms marvel books to collect, but CM 17 2nd is the SAGA RRP of Kamala Khan books.

Cheers!

I can't even remember what you all are arguing now. 1st cameo, 1st full appearance, 1st print, 2nd print, 1st cover in costume, first intentional-panel-by-editors-order-with--art-so-who-cares, 2nd print of 1st full appearance, whatever.

One book has risen to the top. That is Captain Marvel #17 2nd print. Variant, Cgc label, 2nd print whatever does not matter, it is still the biggest baddest book that you have to have if you are a true Kamala Khan fan. The fans have spoken with dollar bills. Lots of good ms marvel books to collect, but CM 17 2nd is the SAGA RRP of Kamala Khan books.

Cheers!

I think there's still some dispute because its still fairly early in the game, so SOME people think there's still a potential correction possible in the future. While I think there's still plenty of room for some of these others to grow, I don't think ANPO 1 will overtake CM 17 2nd, barring a movie where they use the characters that first show up in ANPO 1.