• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

I've come to the realization that I do not have the answer to this question. If there is so much bad blood when we try to PIF or give stuff away then why do we do it? What positive are we getting out of the threads? Are we addicted to the drama or just bored at times and want something to do (put me down for this answer)?

The pif and holiday exchange aren't just giving stuff away. A person gives something away with the exception of getting something in return and/or having their generosity reciprocated equally with the next guys turn to give. When that expectation isn't met, for a lot of people, there is resentment.

The only way I see the hard feelings and disappointment go away is to truly make these kinds of games and the results anonymous. Even then people will be disappointed but there wouldn't be someone to direct those feelings at.

To be clear, a lot of people have participated in these games having been very kind and full of generosity, but I think they don't expect that generosity to be taken advantage of and to go unreciprocated.

While I can understand your frustration Meeklo if you felt slighted by someones comment of a gift you gave. Could you please pull the fake rak.

If this thread is going to go down the PIF road I will just shut it down. I would prefer the thread stay drama free.

lol

While I can understand your frustration Meeklo if you felt slighted by someones comment of a gift you gave. Could you please pull the fake rak.

If this thread is going to go down the PIF road I will just shut it down. I would prefer the thread stay drama free.

lol

I can’t see any humour in his statement.

lol

I can’t see any humour in his statement.

I don't see any reason for you to reply (thumbs u

Hey all - 48 hours and no interest in this whatsoever. So I'm going to pull it. If I think of something else I'll put something else up another time when it's a bit less chaotic in here. ;)

Sorry it wasn't of interest to anyone!

Hey as long as I'm here....

Up for grabs to anyone not on any of the naughty lists. Free shipping in the US. I'll cover up to $10 anywhere else. Great reading... collects Incredible Hulk #3, 6, 272, 315, 324, 347 and 377.

du7yt9qh.jpg

Hey all - 48 hours and no interest in this whatsoever. So I'm going to pull it. If I think of something else I'll put something else up another time when it's a bit less chaotic in here. ;)

That's a very nice offer. Personally, I have no affinity for The Hulk. But you can't please some of the people even some of the time. In all honesty, you can leave it up. It doesn't hurt. Eventually someone will want a hulk compilation.

In case no one else got the message, today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day (according to the national random acts of kindness organization).

I'll probably be putting up a few things to thin out my dups/misc. box this evening, which has become over-flowing. I just need to take some pics. I also won't be holding my breath for takers.

-Terry

That's a very nice offer. Personally, I have no affinity for The Hulk. But you can't please some of the people even some of the time. In all honesty, you can leave it up. It doesn't hurt. Eventually someone will want a hulk compilation.

In case no one else got the message, today is National Random Acts of Kindness Day (according to the national random acts of kindness organization).

I'll probably be putting up a few things to thin out my dups/misc. box this evening, which has become over-flowing. I just need to take some pics. I also won't be holding my breath for takers.

-Terry

I hear what you're saying but I don't think things are great when they go stale... better to pull things that don't get grabbed and put up fresh stuff. Also, not interested in trying to sell people on taking my stuff for free. :)

That's cool about it being National RAK day. I'll see what I can dig up too. Maybe we can get a bunch of things posted here today.

-Terry

It's also Drink Milk Day based on the council of dairy farmers.

Ok, if it's really National RANDOM Act of Kindness Day.... I've taken that to heart. These are the six most RANDOM books I could find.

Free to anyone who wants them, US only (sorry, it's NATIONAL RAK Day, apparently) until midnight tonight. Offer expires when National RAK day does! Free priority shipping comes with them....

ubXuZ65h.jpg

On the off chance that you don't like FMAZ's offer, I'm putting up my RAK-day offer.

The conditions are:

1) You must have as many (or more) posts as I do (to hopefully cut down on the shills).

2) No sellers. These are for someone to read or collect. If you want cash, try pan-handling somewhere.

3) You can't have accepted a RAK in the past 3 mos.

4) I'll ship anywhere in the U.S. of A. anyone else, I'll pay the first $15 and you'll have to pick-up my cheapness. For customs purposes, I think these would be worth about $2 US. all together.

Early Iron Man comics #13, 14, 19, 24, 27, 35, 48 . A good start to your own bronze age iron man set. #27 is the first appearance of Firebrand. #48 is another appearance. If you were a child of the 80's, you may remember that Firebrand is notable for being one of the many criminal victims of the vigilante "Scourge of the Underworld"; shot down in a bar in Medina, Ohio. By the symbol on his chest, I'm pretty sure he was also a supporter of the Black Panthers.

Issue #24 is the first appearance of The Minotaur (lameness!) and I think Issue #14 is the first appearance of Night Phantom (if my CGC versions are accurate).

This would be nice if you have a kid who's favorite movie is Iron Man #1 (if it's not, you might want to have your kid tested for mental acuity). This would be an awesome gift to a starting comic book enthusiast. The earliest three are what I would describe as "rough" or "reader copies". There is a lot of chipping or creasing. One has stains. The later four are in better condition, but dirty and a bent corner, slightly rounded edges. But none of these I would consider

worth grading.

They all come nicely tucked in 4mil Mylar gerber bags with no backers so you can see the backs (4 mils are pretty rigid).

Even if you HATE comic books, these are a really nice offer; not only because they are FREE, but also because according the backs, you can complete your High School diploma at home! Or learn to draw by mail! Or make money or earn prizes selling seed packets! (But not really).

24729572829_515e0fc9e5_c.jpg

24801627300_7853a40761_c.jpg

-Terry

Nice offer, Terry! A lot better than my (intentionally) goofy one! Heck, I'd be tempted to scoop it up myself, but I'm pretty sure I've already got copies of at least half of those.

Great Iron Man readers for someone, though!!

I will cover shipping within North America. $10 towards shipping for international. Cheers!

Some "DC" Love.

Batman New 52 #1 - 2nd Print and a Royal Canadian Mint Superman coin

batman%20new%2052%20%201_zpsyyo1ezar.jpg

superman%20coin_zpsqgpnlbxe.jpg

Open to anyone. Cheers.

:takeit:

I am the mystery PM boardie and this will be going to my 7 year old boy who is getting into comics :acclaim:

He will definitely appreciate it and it's so cool to see your son read comics like you did as a kid.

A huge THANK YOU to Wall Crawler for sending this and extra books to my son!! He already told me he's going to read the Avengers and Batman books! :golfclap:

I will cover shipping within North America. $10 towards shipping for international. Cheers!

Some "DC" Love.

Batman New 52 #1 - 2nd Print and a Royal Canadian Mint Superman coin

batman%20new%2052%20%201_zpsyyo1ezar.jpg

superman%20coin_zpsqgpnlbxe.jpg

Open to anyone. Cheers.

:takeit:

I am the mystery PM boardie and this will be going to my 7 year old boy who is getting into comics :acclaim:

He will definitely appreciate it and it's so cool to see your son read comics like you did as a kid.

A huge THANK YOU to Wall Crawler for sending this and extra books to my son!! He already told me he's going to read the Avengers and Batman books! :golfclap:

:applause: