• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAK Random Acts of Kindness

818 posts in this topic

Honestly...I don't sincerely mean that post but I'm tired of people talking trash to others, whether it be about me or others. But in reality, I don't know who any of you really are. To those that like me, thanks! Your friendship is much appriciated.

To those who don't like me...I really don't care. You are not my family, my girlfriend, my co-workers, my professors. You really have no impact in my life. You think I'm trash or a donkey? Go ahead! You try to make a point in a public thread? Then back it up and prove your point.

As of right now, I'm still going to bed, going to see Deadpool tomorrow, and then taking my girlfriend to The Cheesecake Factory on a date. And there is not a single thing anyone on here can do about it!

I'm not following. So he has the gift you sent him? Or he hasn't sent you his gift?

From what I decipher, this is what happened. He made a joke about being lucky enough to get Meeklo as his gift exchange person and Lavaman as his raffle recipient. Meeklo took offense to this and is posting a picture of what he gave him for the gift exchange and offering it as a RAK. His point being, if it wasnt good enough for you then give it away.

I am assuming it was meant as a joke, but I can understand why it would hurt Meeklo's feelings. Especially if he spent the time picking out gifts that he thought he would like.

I'm not following. So he has the gift you sent him? Or he hasn't sent you his gift?

From what I decipher, this is what happened. He made a joke about being lucky enough to Meeklo as his gift exchange person and Lavaman as his raffle recipient. Meeklo took offense to this and is posting a picture of what he gave him for the gift exchange and offering it as a RAK. His point being, if it wasnt good enough for you then give it away.

(thumbs u

Honestly...I don't sincerely mean that post but I'm tired of people talking trash to others, whether it be about me or others. But in reality, I don't know who any of you really are. To those that like me, thanks! Your friendship is much appriciated.

To those who don't like me...I really don't care. You are not my family, my girlfriend, my co-workers, my professors. You really have no impact in my life. You think I'm trash or a donkey? Go ahead! You try to make a point in a public thread? Then back it up and prove your point.

As of right now, I'm still going to bed, going to see Deadpool tomorrow, and then taking my girlfriend to The Cheesecake Factory on a date. And there is not a single thing anyone on here can do about it!

It seems to me much of your frustration is that thread. Just avoid it. No one seems to be changing what they do so why continue to go to it.

Furthermore if what Cahokie says is true, that's just more fuel to the fire. Oh well.

Half of the mess people complain about on the boards could be avoided if people showed some self restraint.

Like 2pac said " it's all about you "

Every other city we go, every other video...

:gossip: get over yourself

I am restraining...or at least trying to...baby steps I guess. I took a week off from the boards minus some PMs due to my sales thread and PIF responsibilities...and I'll probably take another week or two off now.

I just have not been good at letting people take abuse like this, again whether it is me or others. I ultimately need to "turn the other cheek".

Not to interrupt the giving away of things not in our possession that we gave to other people for Christmas (did i get that right?).... but I did post this RAK earlier, in an effort to, you know, have a bit of drama free actual RAK business here. Let me know if anyone would like it

Hey as long as I'm here....

Up for grabs to anyone not on any of the naughty lists. Free shipping in the US. I'll cover up to $10 anywhere else. Great reading... collects Incredible Hulk #3, 6, 272, 315, 324, 347 and 377.

du7yt9qh.jpg

No complaints when there wasn't a name on the tag

Not sure of the boardie name, but thank you Bob Adams from TX for my gift; very cool wrapping paper and the gifts were so purple and green!

:grin:

20151226_105817-1_zpsfpg58bcq.jpg

20151226_120041-1-1_zpsptjqedzc.jpg

Really? Okay...let's try something new...

Since Ernesto wants to complain and be ungrateful, how about we give away his gift as a RAK.

Shipping details would be covered by him of course. Anyone who truly appreciates this gift is free to claim it.

Let's see if Ernesto is going to "put his money where his mouth is" so to speak.

Here's the goodies!

sDHPkgW.jpg

:facepalm:

:eyeroll:

Complaining about what you got for Christmas, after the fact, simply because of the name on the card is pathetic.

Yes, it is; good thing that's not what I did.

My post was meant to highlight two things:

1) Irony.

I've been one of the people who has spoken up against boardies taking advantage of the freebie threads like PIF, TGT & RAK and using it to get great stuff, while giving little or nothing in return. Meeklo is someone I've been vocal against more than once, because of his past actions as an "offender" in these threads, and as lady luck would have it, he ended up being my Secret Santa. See the irony?

In my earlier post, I neither complained about him nor his gift. Unless you can show me where I did, then I'll eat crow. Oh, and thanks for reposting pics of said gifts here.

2) More irony.

The SS & raffle events are closely tied and I come to find out that a shill account from a boardie in England picked up my raffle prize.

You can't -script this stuff.

Wasn't this thread started to avoid the drama in the PIF thread? So people could just give stuff away without the drama?

tumblr_mnki37u6y41rpls53o1_400_zps4sftxvqp.gif

agreed...but there are too many personalities on this forum, there will always be conflict. We all just need to handle it and maintain it. Being in the military this is something they teach you...

Wasn't this thread started to avoid the drama in the PIF thread? So people could just give stuff away without the drama?

tumblr_mnki37u6y41rpls53o1_400_zps4sftxvqp.gif

agreed...but there are too many personalities DONKEY'S on this forum, there will always be conflict. We all just need to handle it and maintain it. Being in the military this is something they teach you...

That's better.

Ernesto is right, far too many people are in threads like these to get over on people.

Just look at how unbalanced the PIF items are from one offer to the next so often.

I've come to the realization that I do not have the answer to this question. If there is so much bad blood when we try to PIF or give stuff away then why do we do it? What positive are we getting out of the threads? Are we addicted to the drama or just bored at times and want something to do (put me down for this answer)?