• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turn-around times...

34 posts in this topic

There are at least 4 women in Action Comics #27 Jean Norton, Janice Maloney, Miss X, and Lois Lane If you go to this link, it tells the characters and other details of the inside stories. www.comics.org/details.lasso?id=929 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

that's an excellent link - thanks acclaim.gif

trouble is, it appears as though the cover to #27 has NOTHING to do with the story about the "rehab home' inside the book. as such, no way to make any correlation.

still lois plays a main role in the story and that sure as hell looks like her on the cover. would have a hard time differentiating the two woman on #27 and #29.

i wonder if the #29 supes story has him rescuing her in a similar fashion as on the cover??

in any event - i think OS and CGC have got it wrong and vote with Dice.......(and Nearmint) thumbsup2.gif

Not saying anybody is wrong or right here but if Lois is really Lois on 27 she looks more like a back drop where on 29 she looks more like she is on the cover.I wonder if this has anything to do with Overstreet thinking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Davidking623

Perhaps #27 was just a "Cameo" cover appearance. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Not saying anybody is wrong or right here but if Lois is really Lois on 27 she looks more like a back drop where on 29 she looks more like she is on the cover.I wonder if this has anything to do with Overstreet thinking 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Davidking623

screwy.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Davidking623

on #29 she is being whisked out of a car by supes while gunmen are firing at them. on # 27 she is being attacked by a lion which supes has in his grasp. i find little to differentiate the degree of involvement.

i tried researching the Grand Comic Database further but there is no synopsis of the # 29 story other than the title "life insurance scam" or somesuch. if that scene is from the story than one can draw the definitive conclusion that it is, indeed, lois on the cover.

as i said already, apparently the same cannot be said of #27 as the story of a "rehabilitation home" would seem to have little bearing on the circuslike cover.

i believe the action comics archives volume 2 contains both stories so if anyone has it could you please confirm if either event pictured on the covers takes place in either story??? pretty please........... grin.gif

trouble is, it appears as though the cover to #27 has NOTHING to do with the story about the "rehab home' inside the book. as such, no way to make any correlation.

still lois plays a main role in the story and that sure as hell looks like her on the cover. would have a hard time differentiating the two woman on #27 and #29.

i wonder if the #29 supes story has him rescuing her in a similar fashion as on the cover??

in any event - i think OS and CGC have got it wrong and vote with Dice.......(and Nearmint) thumbsup2.gif

that's because a Superman v. Lion scene would take all of half a panel. A rehab home poses a much greater threat to our man in blue.

and that's definitely Lois. Not the same dress, but you know women and their clothes. They tend to stick with styles and colours that flatter them, and nothing is more flattering when one is being saved from all manner of danger than a nice canary yellow or hunter green number

It's my feeling, that if it is Lois on the cover of #27, It doesn't matter if she is the center of attention, or tucked away in the corner, it would still be the first lois cover. I communicated with the senior editor of gemstone, and he said, to formally send in a letter with a xerox of the cover to their managing editor and get the ball rolling on evaluating this for a change in the next guide.

In #29 Lois is wearing a different dress than on the cover and at some point during the story she is taken, bound and gagged by thugs. Supes does rescue her, though it is not from a car............ confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, Borock!

Who's the chick on the cover of #27? devil.gif

SAY IT! SAY IT!! insane.gif

kinnison.jpg

In #29 Lois is wearing a different dress than on the cover and at some point during the story she is taken, bound and gagged by thugs. Supes does rescue her, though it is not from a car............ confused-smiley-013.gif

Hey, Borock!

Who's the chick on the cover of #27? devil.gif

SAY IT! SAY IT!! insane.gif

kinnison.jpg

Well the woman on the cover of #27 has different shoes than Lois does in the story, maybe she stole her dress? poke2.gif

Well the woman on the cover of #27 has different shoes than Lois does in the story, maybe she stole her dress? poke2.gif

Good answer...

I've got my eye on you.

sam02_150.jpg