• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2015

132 posts in this topic

Anybody knows if any issues will be available online??

Last year when i went to my LCS they all ran out. People were flocking tio the store just to get the comics, then showing up on the bay.....

I'm going to say this here.

I hate FCBD.

I have always hated FCBD.

I've always just wanted a single set of each one, when they came out.

Retailers acted like FCBD was only for people off the street, not existing customers, and were put out if I wanted a complete set.

And, of course, they have no problem charging for them after the fact.

Really has left a bad taste in my mouth.

The past couple of years I've been able to order an almost complete set of FCBD books from Midtown Comics. They're awesome like that!

Yeah you really need to re-think that. Its almost snobbish frankly.

In my area its a huge event. Costumes, drawings, discounts on comics. I really enjoy watching all the kids come in. Wish they had that when I was a kid.

They do limit books, but I could easily pick up a set if I wanted it.

Yes, my LCS is kind enough to make a complete set for me. I usually, like today, still go and wait in line to get in and try and buy a few wall books (without haggling!) to do my part in making the day a success.

My LCS had the usual limit of five per person, very awesome for shops to take part in FCBD. I went with Divergence, Tick (always a pick), Dark Horse (Goon forever!), Legendary Preview, and Hip Hop Family Tree. My six year old daughter was equally excited to pick some and get a Tick of her own for her short box she's got going. Awesome day!

Waited in line for 1 hour but avengers 1 was the only one sold out at 3 stores....also lady justice for some reason......the one with hour wait had an 8 copy limit and you could get multiples of any comics

First time I've gone to my LCS on FCBD.

They had a limit of 4 but told me it didn't apply to regulars. Very cool.

Yea my store said they'd rather give them out to regulars than the people who only show up once a year on FCBD :grin: