• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2015

132 posts in this topic

all my subscribers get free comics equal to their monthly sub/pull list...works out great....typically those that only subscribe to 1-5 comics only care to get 1-5 comics....

those that get 100+ each month want, and "deserve" a complete set....they are allowed entrance to our store 30 minutes before general public...

that said, I order in quantites sufficient to take care of all subs and all locals that walk in, and still generally have 1000+ comics left over (rather have too many than not enough)

You have multiple people in your store who order 100+ comics each month?

I have no idea if this is common or not, but its sounds impressive as hell to me. I've got a supernerd buddy who goes about 60 deep, and that's already out of control. can't read them fast enough, can't sort or store them fast enough, can't resell them for anything resembling profit (not that he has the time to).

But I guess if RMA was spending $10K annually in comics shops that don't give FCBD to regulars 10 years ago, $400 per month on comics ain't that crazy.

Maybe I need to rethink my priorities....or my career choice.

I have several dozen subscribers that buy 50-100+ comics a month...heck, just the dc line was 52 a month for a while...add in marvel and it is "easy" to get there...

have 5 customers that order 150+ a month

Listen Man,

I respect you. I've grown to appreciate your posting style & often sage advice.

You're just dead wrong on this one.

You don't like FCBD because your LCS does not provide you a FREE set of the offerings. You feel entitled because you are a valuable customer.

I vehemently disagree.

You've missed the point. I was talking about FCBD back when it was 20 or so books. You know, like 2005? I didn't say anything about getting a "2015 set."

Context is critical.

A full set of "free" comics in 2005 cost retailers a total of $2.64.

Hardly a major outlay at the time.

Ok,

I get it now...

You hate Free Comic Book Day now & forever going forward, because a decade ago your Local comic shop would not provide you with a free set.

Yikes...

Yes.

Yes, that's it exactly.

meh

all my subscribers get free comics equal to their monthly sub/pull list...works out great....typically those that only subscribe to 1-5 comics only care to get 1-5 comics....

those that get 100+ each month want, and "deserve" a complete set....they are allowed entrance to our store 30 minutes before general public...

that said, I order in quantites sufficient to take care of all subs and all locals that walk in, and still generally have 1000+ comics left over (rather have too many than not enough)

You have multiple people in your store who order 100+ comics each month?

I have no idea if this is common or not, but its sounds impressive as hell to me. I've got a supernerd buddy who goes about 60 deep, and that's already out of control. can't read them fast enough, can't sort or store them fast enough, can't resell them for anything resembling profit (not that he has the time to).

But I guess if RMA was spending $10K annually in comics shops that don't give FCBD to regulars 10 years ago, $400 per month on comics ain't that crazy.

Maybe I need to rethink my priorities....or my career choice.

I have several dozen subscribers that buy 50-100+ comics a month...heck, just the dc line was 52 a month for a while...add in marvel and it is "easy" to get there...

have 5 customers that order 150+ a month

How many do you think they read a month? and how many does the average LCS owner read a month?

150 is mind boggling.