• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2015

132 posts in this topic

my FCBD weekend started with donating 300 comics to the school where i volunteer (Friday) and hitting 3 LCS's on Saturday. picked up 16 freebies to give away at Halloween and bought another 184 books at the various sales they held.

Hey that's an AWESOME idea! Very cool!

:cool:

many boardies do the Halloween comic book giveaway; i make sure the kids also get candy but my house is definitely known by many trick or treaters as "the comic book house"

I stopped by the closest LCS for FCBD, Enterprise Comics & Collectibles at Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix. The store was uncrowded. They had more people in costumes standing around than they did customers. There was a customer taking pictures of the people in costumes standing in the way of getting to the actual comics. My son and I spent about 5 minutes trying to move around the costumed people, none of which asked if we needed any help. We left without picking up anything. The irony, 2/3rds of the store was wide open with action figures but they decided to cram the few people (20 at most) in the store right where the comics were.

I cannot imagine this store is going to be open for more than a year. The traffic there on FCBD says it all. I've been to some poorly run comic shops, but this is the first time I was never greeted and actually blocked from being able to look at the comics. My first and last visit to Enterprise Comics & Collectibles. From now on out, it is a 20 minute trip to All About Books & Comics and Samurai Comics.

I ended up getting to the one store I went to yesterday a few hours after opening... literally, not a single FCBD item left. I was really hoping to get my hands on the Valiant 25th Anniversary.

I have an extra. If you pay shipping, you can have it.

I went to my LCS in Santa Monica, Hi De Ho. It has been recently renewed with new management and it's becoming pretty cool. They had all the free comics outside in the patio. 5 comics per customer. For some reason, they did not have all of the titles released under FCBD. They also had a lot of boxes with 0.50$ comics but they were all in random order and it was a pain to go through them. I saw many kids in store and this made me happy. I love FCBD.

And now...I am ready for Midtown to put the FCBD comics online (in half an hour, at 11am ET) to pick up the ones I missed.

I went to my LCS in Santa Monica, Hi De Ho. It has been recently renewed with new management and it's becoming pretty cool. They had all the free comics outside in the patio. 5 comics per customer. For some reason, they did not have all of the titles released under FCBD. They also had a lot of boxes with 0.50$ comics but they were all in random order and it was a pain to go through them. I saw many kids in store and this made me happy. I love FCBD.

This brings back some sweet memories, one of the comic shops I visited when I was in Los Angeles in 1991… I just don’t recall "where I bought that, where I bought that other one…" lol

I live in an area with a large LCS retailer, with several retail locations. The past 2 years I've gone to 3 of their locations for FCBD.

Each year there is a huge amount of customers -- many waiting outside before the doors open -- at each location I visit (and I assume it's the same at the other shops).

However, my LCS has never coordinated FCBD with any type of promotion or sale at all. This may be the largest single day of customers in their stores, yet they do not try to tempt them to "buy" anything other than free comics. Makes no sense to me.

I just asked but it probably was skipped: was there an english equivalent of that Inhumans spanish book or just the story featured in the Avengers FCBD book? hm

I didn't see any separate English issues, just the one on the flip-side of the Avengers issue.

I just asked but it probably was skipped: was there an english equivalent of that Inhumans spanish book or just the story featured in the Avengers FCBD book? hm

I didn't see any separate English issues, just the one on the flip-side of the Avengers issue.

Thanks! :)

You mean the Avengers one is a "flip-book", i.e. it has the Inhumans on the back cover (on the other side)?

Thanks! :)

You mean the Avengers one is a "flip-book", i.e. it has the Inhumans on the back cover (on the other side)?

(thumbs u