• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2015

132 posts in this topic

I don't think those are stickers....

Correct, the midtown labels are part of the printed cover, so I guess these are variants. I'm going to slab'em just to see what the label says lol.

A few comic stores did that this year.

I think the Spanish Inhuman FCBD's are the ones to look for.

I don't think those are stickers....

Correct, the midtown labels are part of the printed cover, so I guess these are variants. I'm going to slab'em just to see what the label says lol.

Why didn't they make those labels bigger?

meh

1 book per person here

We got lucky... Could essentially take whatever we wanted at one of our LCS's...

What's up with that Spanish Inhumans? I grabbed one, but ?por que?

Yeah, I picked up one of those but then traded it back for a Fight Club instead.

Muy loco.

I worked till 2:30. Didn't get to the CS till 4. Was dreading all the picked through books. Showed up to full racks and untouched books. Got divergence, TMNT, Secret Wars, and 2 NM copies of Captain Canuck which I'm SUPER pumped for!!!

Missed going to Gotham though.... I miss you Alex... :sorry:

It was great to get to the LCBS this morning, I begged an hour off work and headed down, hit one store about 20 minutes after they opened, picked up TMNT and Divergence, bought a couple of reg price books, didn't go through the bin for the 4 free dollar books they were offering (didn't have time and I've already been through the bin a dozen times :) ), then I headed over to my regular store and they had just opened and it was packed! I could barely move, managed to get to the FCBD display, picked out a few, the amazing elderly lady who has owned and run the store (it's also a used book store) let me pick three instead of two, so I took Secret Wars, Doctor Who and another TMNT. It was great seeing their store packed full of people, and I bought a couple comics even though I already was in on Wednesday and had bought my regular pulls. This is the one time a year that their cash register gets a work out and they deserve it!

Went to a LCS that only has 3 subscribers. 1 of each FCBD to each potential customer. Kids happy to grab all the TMNT, Avatar, Simpsons the funniest of the bunch. They ran out of TMNT and Comic Book Marketplace comic. The CBM comic has a nice full color ad of the 'other slabbing company' with pics of Mister Woo's Suspense 3 slabbed 9.0 Overstreet/Gerber copy and ASM # 14 slabbed 9.8.

I worked till 2:30. Didn't get to the CS till 4. Was dreading all the picked through books. Showed up to full racks and untouched books. Got divergence, TMNT, Secret Wars, and 2 NM copies of Captain Canuck which I'm SUPER pumped for!!!

Missed going to Gotham though.... I miss you Alex... :sorry:

Gotham Central was worth it just for the two hours Jeff Lemire was doing free sketches.

That guy is great.

I'm assuming if I put together a Captain Canuck #1 launch party, you'll be there. hm

Went to a LCS that only has 3 subscribers. 1 of each FCBD to each potential customer. Kids happy to grab all the TMNT, Avatar, Simpsons the funniest of the bunch. They ran out of TMNT and Comic Book Marketplace comic. The CBM comic has a nice full color ad of the 'other slabbing company' with pics of Mister Woo's Suspense 3 slabbed 9.0 Overstreet/Gerber copy and ASM # 14 slabbed 9.8.

:headbang:

I went to 3 LCSs in town, you could get one of everything they had, so got a whole bunch of goodies- enough to fill a Diamond box single stack. One of the shops had FCBD books from yester-years, dating back to 2006. I read Fight Club and Hip Hop Family Tree. Loved it, including the Cosplay story. Makes me want to buy the box set, although Vol. 3 will be out in August so there lies the conundrum. Get it now with the extra comic inserted or wait to see what they do in a new box set?

My east side Milwaukee LCS was line down the block before opening at 11am. I went over about noon and had a 10 minute wait in line. 2 per person, 4 with a comic shirt or regulars. I picked 3 out- Fight Club, Attack on Titan, & Divergence. My wife got 3 too (basically I gave her 1 of mine).

Hit a second store on the way to play disc golf- Lost World of Wonders. Got a Secret Wars, Attack on Titan (gift), Bob's Burgers, & Transformers.

IMG_20150502_123306_zpsdyxpc2cs.jpg

Did anyone else get books with stamps in the white boxes? I go to a local store that is across from a theater. It seems like Marvel always plans their big budget movies right around FCBD. I found the stamps odd though. It is in the white spot on the book. I've never noticed it in past years.