• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FCBD 2015

132 posts in this topic

Went to the neighborhood LCS that's within walking distance and the line was about 100 people deep an hour after they opened. There was a handful of cosplayers: Captain America, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, a really hot Black Canary, an equally hot Scarlet Witch and a Spider-Gwen.

Picked up Secret Wars, Divergence, Dark Horse, Dark Circle, TMNT

Went to the neighborhood LCS that's within walking distance and the line was about 100 people deep an hour after they opened. There was a handful of cosplayers: Captain America, Deadpool, Harley Quinn, a really hot Black Canary, an equally hot Scarlet Witch and a Spider-Gwen.

Pics or it never happen... lol

Crazy busy, 20 minute line just to get into the store. Still had a bunch of Batman 40's.

Another 10 minute line to get to the tables with the free comics.

Mate who did the Venom/MJ art in your sig?

I ended up getting to the one store I went to yesterday a few hours after opening... literally, not a single FCBD item left. I was really hoping to get my hands on the Valiant 25th Anniversary.

Did anyone else get books with stamps in the white boxes? I go to a local store that is across from a theater. It seems like Marvel always plans their big budget movies right around FCBD. I found the stamps odd though. It is in the white spot on the book. I've never noticed it in past years.

By the end of the day I had visited four LCS - only one of them stamped (and stickered) the cover of all their books. meh

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ontario-St-Comics/170469566335465?sk=photos_stream

Did anyone else get books with stamps in the white boxes? I go to a local store that is across from a theater. It seems like Marvel always plans their big budget movies right around FCBD. I found the stamps odd though. It is in the white spot on the book. I've never noticed it in past years.

By the end of the day I had visited four LCS - only one of them stamped (and stickered) the cover of all their books. meh

It probably kills the resale value, right? Not that I'm looking to flip, but I have to imagine it isn't a good thing...

I don't think those are stickers....

Correct, the midtown labels are part of the printed cover, so I guess these are variants. I'm going to slab'em just to see what the label says lol.

A few comic stores did that this year.

I think the Spanish Inhuman FCBD's are the ones to look for.

Is there a way to get one of these? Also, was there an english equivalent of that Inhumans book or just the story featured in the Avengers FCBD book? hm

my FCBD weekend started with donating 300 comics to the school where i volunteer (Friday) and hitting 3 LCS's on Saturday. picked up 16 freebies to give away at Halloween and bought another 184 books at the various sales they held.

Yesterday I went to 2 LCS in local area, and picked up 8 free comics. One limit up to 3, another store up to 5 books. I noticed the TNMT books went out fast, I got the last one and gave to my friend whom is a huge Turtle fan.

Recently today, I'm seeing some eBay listings featuring the "free" comics being bidded already for some *cough cough* profit. :censored: I hate that... but to each one's own

Too bad I can not get the free book - Captain Canuck. I was going to want this one. Funny thing is that both stores don't have that. :o

I did purchase a few items to show my support to my LCS. (thumbs u

my FCBD weekend started with donating 300 comics to the school where i volunteer (Friday) and hitting 3 LCS's on Saturday. picked up 16 freebies to give away at Halloween and bought another 184 books at the various sales they held.

Hey that's an AWESOME idea! Very cool!

:cool:

Heard that FCBD is distributed in bundles of 2,000 'free' comics to the LCS who pre-ordered them from Diamond. This seems high as some LCS are small shops in busy retail traffic areas, thus higher rent.

How is selling a free book for $2 profit any different than selling a $1 book for $10 profit?

I saw it first in the dollar bin!

one is a $2 profit and the other is $9 profit

How is selling a free book for $2 profit any different than selling a $1 book for $10 profit?

I saw it first in the dollar bin!

one is a $2 profit and the other is $9 profit

Yeah and they're both selling something for more than it cost you so I don't see the big deal about people selling their FCBD books!

Heard that FCBD is distributed in bundles of 2,000 'free' comics to the LCS who pre-ordered them from Diamond. This seems high as some LCS are small shops in busy retail traffic areas, thus higher rent.

I don't think this was accurate. In speaking with Aaron at RX, he said he ordered whatever he wanted.

I don't think this was accurate. In speaking with Aaron at RX, he said he ordered whatever he wanted.

This. Each shop/Diamond account pays for and orders whatever they want of each book. They can invest as much or little as they want for the good will of the people.

Stopped at my LCS about 30 minutes after opening and was there about 2 hours. Unfortunately, they didn't have the Secret Wars 0. Great sale though, you spun a wheel to see what percentage you got off your total. I got 50% so grabbed about 7 pounds out of the 0.89/lb bin, Batman Vol. 2, and a few random comics.

Stopped at Hastings later in the day. No free comics to be found so my nephew asked where they were. The worker responded with "We sold out of all of them, but you can enter the contest over there to win a complete set of the free comics."

Yeah, that sounds great. I'll enter to win things that are being given away free already. No thanks.