• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

Sorry, I keep trying to write something and I keep getting interrupted. My advice is to never try to run one of these (and I hope we never run one again) on the week of April 15th when you are married to an accountant;)

This afternoon, I got a pm from a very very very very very kind and Generous boarder (who wants to remain anonymous) and he asked how much we needed to reach goal. I gave him an estimate...He sent a gift of $4,000 for Richard and his family.

So because of all of you VERY VERY VERY VERY kind and .generous nice people, ..we have reached our goal of $15k, We are actually at $15,457 now with a few hundred $$ in payments still owed.

So, I spoke to Justin and we'd like to do a soft close. I'm sure that Richard and his family could use a few extra $$, so I don't want to cut anything off, but if you wish to withdraw your posted items, I will understand.

It might drive Ryan a little nuts;) but he can handle it.;) If anyone wants to continue to post items or buy for the rest of the week, that's fine, but the invoicing might be a little slow.

Ernesto has been great helping me with the invoices and the spreadsheet, and Justin has just be the Flash with everything, including bringing Richard's problem to our attention and I don't want to leave out Ryan with the great updates. Just great partners all of them.

So from all of us, I want to thank you...all of you VERY VERY VERY VERY KIND, GENEROUS, WONDERFUL PEOPLE... Great job everyone one:)

:foryou:(worship)

Wonderful! Thank you to the organizers and thank you to all who donated or bought. This is very important to the folks we are raising money for and I salute all of you!

I obviously vote to keep going as well. :)

Daredevil Lot of 40. This is most of JR Juniors run and the majority of these are newstand copies in really nice shape (I'll be conservative and say the lot is on average VF).

Numbers included: 232,233,248-263,(no 264),265-273, (no 274),275,276,278-280,282,288-297,345,347

$60 shipped - US only on these since it's a large lot. SOLD!

IMG_0043_zpsqi95iefc.jpg

IMG_0041_zpsxa9pgibs.jpg

Box full of miniseries!

Ok -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8483807#Post8483807

Links to an older mini series sales thread -

Make a $40 donation and I will fill a flat rate medium box (will fit 50 books depending on how thick they are). Shipping included for US.

Pick around 40 books from the list - I get to choose the rest - and will fill out the box.

Three boxes are available

Note - no more marvel zombies available.

:takeit:

One box, and I'll let W16227 choose whatever he wants to send.

Just fill it up with some good reads.

I obviously vote to keep going as well. :)

Daredevil Lot of 40. This is most of JR Juniors run and the majority of these are newstand copies in really nice shape (I'll be conservative and say the lot is on average VF).

Numbers included: 232,233,248-263,(no 264),265-273, (no 274),275,276,278-280,282,288-297,345,347

$60 shipped - US only on these since it's a large lot.

IMG_0043_zpsqi95iefc.jpg

IMG_0041_zpsxa9pgibs.jpg

Braniac set is still available

Lego 76040 $40 shipped CONUS - Everything goes to the fund and shipping is on me.

Anyway... you claim it here and once you pay Sharon or Justin I will ship it on Saturday.

lego-76040-brainiac-attack-super-heroes-1.jpg

Box full of miniseries!

Ok -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8483807#Post8483807

Make a $40 donation and I will fill a flat rate medium box (will fit 50 books depending on how thick they are). Shipping included for US.

Pick around 40 books from the list - I get to choose the rest - and will fill out the box.

Wolverine: Manifest Destiny 1-4

Storm Dogs 1-6

Tattered Banners 1-4

El Diablo 1-6

Spider-Man/Wolverine Marvel Knights 1-4

Marvels: Eyes of the Camera 1-6

Punisher War Journal 6-11 & 13-15

Box full of miniseries!

:news: price drop :news:

Make a $40 $25 donation and I will fill a flat rate medium box (will fit 50 books depending on how thick they are). Shipping included for US.

Price drop - $30 - I can also make random sets for you .

Box full of miniseries!

Ok -

Wolverine: Manifest Destiny 1-4

Storm Dogs 1-6

Tattered Banners 1-4

El Diablo 1-6

Spider-Man/Wolverine Marvel Knights 1-4

Marvels: Eyes of the Camera 1-6

Punisher War Journal 6-11 & 13-15

^^

- I also just lowered my price -

Lego 76040 $40 shipped CONUS - Everything goes to the fund and shipping is on me.

Anyway... you claim it here and once you pay Sharon or Justin I will ship it on Saturday.

Sorry, but this was taken already by Norrin's lawyer. :sorry::foryou:

Sorry, but this was taken already by Norrin's lawyer. :sorry::foryou:

Just saw that. Nice pick up Norrin. :-)

:sorry: Randy

Norrin's Lawyer already claimed it.

Randy thats already been picked up doh!

:sorry: Randy

Norrin's Lawyer already claimed it.

Randy thats already been picked up doh!

:roflmao:

I deleted my comment after I saw Ernesto already responded! :baiting:

Box full of miniseries!

Ok -

One box, and I'll let W16227 choose whatever he wants to send.

Just fill it up with some good reads.

^^

Do you have any favorite themes? - marvel- dc - image -

I have one left - but I messed up a bit - I was dropping the price to make sure these would go -

I did not see that two of these had been claimed. Option is for the people making the donation - u make the call and choose 25 or 40.

I will offer more boxes up as well - so let's go with 3 more left for $25 donations.

Sorry for the confusion - my bad!!!!