• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

Here's something different.

Late 50's Buster Brown promotional comics with really nice art by Reed Crandall.

#37 vg

buster%20brown%2037.jpeg

#41 fine

buster%20brown%2041.jpeg

Both for $50.00 plus $8.00 shipping.

:takeit:

I just lost my mother to cancer, so this contribution is in her name.

:foryou: Ron

thanx to Timmay and Norrin's Lawyer for picking up the Lego sets.

How about a fun one?

Since every little bit counts... I have a good one for you.

Mods may shake their heads as if may serve as a bad precedent but I promise I would only do this for a thread like this.

From now until the end of April... I will lease out my avatar for whatever nonsense you want. It can be anything you want so long as it does not violate the terms of service. So that means no politics, trolling someone other than me or nudity or stuff like that.

Week 1 - 7 Day stint $5

Week 2 - 7 Day stint $5

I am going to bed. Let's see if anyone grabs it and decides to have some fun at my expense.

Both weeks. :/

Better make it count Trabek

l.jpg

We should be up to date with invoices. Feel free to post more things, but the invoices will probably go out later.

:news:Doc McCoy will be posting some OA in the art forum with 50% going to Richard and his family. He will post a link later.

We should be up to date with invoices. Feel free to post more things, but the invoices will probably go out later.

:news:Doc McCoy will be posting some OA in the art forum with 50% going to Richard and his family. He will post a link later.

I didn't get an invoice. I took one of the Sex #1 @ $35.

I didn't get an invoice. I took one of the Sex #1 @ $35.

Thanks! You will in a few minutes then:) Thanks for quoting the price:) I was getting lost, lol

Just posting Kathryn's Amazon wishlist again. There should be an address associated with it now, so it will be easy if you want to send her something. I notice she has added a few Disney items that she might want to wear to the park:)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3MT2B1IV58SIH/ref=cm_wl_huc_view

Phantom Lady 20 CGC 3.5 slight resto (glue on spine). $350 shipped within the US.

Assuming it's still available after the soft close.

It's amazing to see everybody come together like this! Nice, work, all, especially the anonymous boardie!

Since Ankur didn't withdraw it...as a matter of fact no one withdrew anything...I'm sure it is.

THank you...invoice on it's way.

Thank you, Sharon. :foryou:

Hi everyone. After reading about Richard's story in Comics General and then here, I thought I'd do what I could to help out. I've listed 11 pieces of original art in the OA Marketplace. Each piece is $200 and I'll donate 50% of each sale to Richard and his family, so if every piece goes, that would be $1100.

The majority of the pieces are from my Harley Quinn Project, these are by Mark Brooks and various inkers and as the name implies are of Harley Quinn. I also have a Chris Samnee piece and a published Wolverine page there. If the art isn't to your taste, please feel free to take a look and pass the word around if you know of anyone who may like these artists or characters. Thanks!

Here is the link: Original Art Sale: 50% of each sale to Stormsurge

Box full of miniseries!

Ok -

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8483807#Post8483807

Links to an older mini series sales thread -

Make a $40 donation and I will fill a flat rate medium box (will fit 50 books depending on how thick they are). Shipping included for US.

Pick around 40 books from the list - I get to choose the rest - and will fill out the box.

Three boxes are available

Note - no more marvel zombies available.

One box, and I'll let W16227 choose whatever he wants to send.

Just fill it up with some good reads.

^^

Do you have any favorite themes? - marvel- dc - image -

I have one left - but I messed up a bit - I was dropping the price to make sure these would go -

I did not see that two of these had been claimed. Option is for the people making the donation - u make the call and choose 25 or 40.

I will offer more boxes up as well - so let's go with 3 more left for $25 donations.

Sorry for the confusion - my bad!!!!

I've no idea what to invoice the boxes the paperheart and catrick339 claimed! They claimed them at $40 but you changed the price to $30 and then $25...

So, which is it? $40? $30? or $25? :ohnoez:

UGH!! - MY BAD - was working on the IPAD last night --- easier to mess this up - do $25 for any of them (and people can give more if they like).

:sorry:

UPDATE -----

I read through - three takers so far -

catrickl339

paperheart

CAHokie

I have 2 left if anyone is interested

(link to the post)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8530455#Post8530455

I will tell you this - managing your own sales thread is easy - what the organizers here are doing is phenomenal - so many sales posts and you guys are on top of all of it -

I should have mentioned this earlier, sorry been busy. For anyone going to amazon to purchase off the wish list I would suggest first going to smile.amazon.com and selecting a cancer based charity (I would suggest the american cancer society personally) and then shop. Amazon will donate 1% of your purchase to the charity, at no extra cost. This way you can do a double mitzvah

I'll add these two slabs. I will split the sale on them, 50% to Richard. I will cover shipping to the US and offer $10 credit towards anywhere else.

Crow 1 first print CGC 9.2 SS Signed by James O'Barr. SOLD

th_Crow1SS92_zps56ef5189.jpg

TMNT 33 First Turtle variant CGC 9.8. Limited to 500 copies. Very cool variant featuring Eastman's first TMNT sketch. SOLD

th_001_zpsbdlzm3ep.jpg

Ok let's do $35 each shipped or $95 for all 3.

I've still got 3 of these, all 9.8 white pages. $45 shipped each, or take all 3 for $120. I'll cover domestic shipping, international we'll figure something out. All proceeds to the family.

Sex #1 9.8 ECCC variant (let me know if anyone needs to see scans of the other two, but they're the same):

Sex1aECCC98front_zps2203f7c7.jpg

How about $30 each shipped or $75 for all 3? GPA says this is at least a $40 book!

:takeit: x1. Let's do $35.

^^ thanks!

How about $50 for the remaining 2?

I've been traveling so I missed the whole thread-- a great cause.

Two pieces of original art here-- one by me-- in case you don't know my background I am a full time graphic novelist who has been making a living in comics for the past 15 years. I'm probably the most successful comic artist you've never heard of ;)

My work is usually non superhero but I do have a Batman project I want to do with DC that will happen someday. I'd also jump on the Batman '66 book if asked, but regardless-- I'm a full time artist and one of my paintings is in the collection of the National Gallery in Washington DC and I have a solo show scheduled in London in 2016. My website is

My website: www.andytfish.com

My offering: An A4 sized Dark Knight homage A4 is roughly 9x12 and it's done on Japanese Manga paper which takes ink brilliantly.

IMG_20150414_104616974.jpg

$35<< SOLD!! with all proceeds going to the cause. My regular commission rate is $50-$200 for a piece this size and I'll cover US shipping-- if you're outside the US we can figure it out.

Second piece is by my wife Veronica-- who is ALSO a comic artist and painter. If you're on the West Coast you've likely seen her work at Gallery 1988 and several others it's a mixed media piece 3.5" x 11" and it's an homage to Wally Wood's run on THE SPIRIT-- I absolutely LOVE this piece and reserve the right to buy it myself if it doesn't sell (and of course I'll still pay into the fund) also $35<<SOLD! same deal all proceeds go to the cause and we'll cover shipping (we are in the Boston area) inside the good ol' US of A.

Her latest comic work is PIRATES OF MARS available on Comixology.com

Her website is VERONICA FISH

IMG_20150414_104632108.jpg

IMG_20150414_104639213.jpg