• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

That's going to be it for art-- I have comics to draw!

IMG_20150414_140918467_HDR.jpg

:takeit:

:cry::sorry:

Ernesto should PM me-- another $35 to the cause and I'll do another one, as long as he doesn't mind waiting until Saturday for it to ship (I'm pretty swamped). I'll push the scary factor on it up a notch or two.

Yeah! PM incoming!! :banana:

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

That's going to be it for art-- I have comics to draw!

IMG_20150414_140918467_HDR.jpg

That is a great piece my friend!!

We should be up to date with invoices. Feel free to post more things, but the invoices will probably go out later.

:news:Doc McCoy will be posting some OA in the art forum with 50% going to Richard and his family. He will post a link later.

Thank you, Sharon. :foryou:

Hi everyone. After reading about Richard's story in Comics General and then here, I thought I'd do what I could to help out. I've listed 11 pieces of original art in the OA Marketplace. Each piece is $200 and I'll donate 50% of each sale to Richard and his family, so if every piece goes, that would be $1100.

The majority of the pieces are from my Harley Quinn Project, these are by Mark Brooks and various inkers and as the name implies are of Harley Quinn. I also have a Chris Samnee piece and a published Wolverine page there. If the art isn't to your taste, please feel free to take a look and pass the word around if you know of anyone who may like these artists or characters. Thanks!

Here is the link: Original Art Sale: 50% of each sale to Stormsurge

There are a number of different Bat-family characters featured in these Harley pieces. IF you don't care for the price, feel free to make an offer. It's all for a good cause.

Here's an example of one:

L5ENuUjA_1203141112451_zpscfc87ea8.jpg

RECAP

Page 4

Poison Ivy art by Peter Steigerwald $100 Free US shipping.

Page 6

Atlas-Seaboard Lot $100 SHIPPED (split outside CONUS)

Page 14

Smurfs first appearance set - Spirou 1071 & 1072. VG or so condition. $360 shipped.

Page 21

Green Hornet #1 Dynamic Forces Negative Variant. CGC 9.8 SS John Cassaday. $40 Free US shipping.

Sex #1 CGC 9.8 ECCC variant. 2 copies available. $30 each or both for $50. Free US shipping.

Page 29

Batman Archive #3, Probably first edition sealed 1994. $40 shipped US Media Mail.

Wonder Woman Archives #1, First Edition. Sealed with some tears in the cellophane. $100 shipped US Priority.

The Fantastic Four Vol #2, 2nd edition sealed. $20 shipped US Media Mail.

DC Comics Presents #49 NM- $65 Shipped

Page 30

Shazam #1 CGC 9.6 ow/w $200. First $20 of shipping covered.

Page 31

Image Firsts: Walking Dead #1 CGC 9.6. 2 available. $50 each US shipping included.

Page 33

Chris Mooneyham 11x14 commission. One character ($200) or two character ($300). Free US shipping.

Page 35

Batman Hardcover book lot of 2. $50 shipped.

Page 37

Walking Dead #9 CGC SS 9.8 Robert Kirkman $350. Free US shipping, $15 credit towards international.

Batman Adventures 12 x 2 copies- German Reprint. Not the best copies. $80 for both shipped worldwide.

Page 39

Box full of miniseries! $25 Shipped in the US. 2 boxes left.

Pick around 40 books from the list. Flat rate medium box (fits 50 books depending on thickness).

Inhumans #1 $90 shipped in the US. International please PM first.

Page 41

Final Fantasy VII art x2 by Bill Dinh (board member BillytheKidd). Cloud (11x17) & Tifa (10x14).

$80 shipped for the pair to the US

Page 43

Fantastic Four #180 CGC 9.6 & Defenders 14 CGC 9.2. Both for $100. Free US shipping, $20 international credit.

Page 46

Original art page from Spike Mulligan #5 page 6 for $50

Page 48

Crow 1 first print CGC 9.2 SS Signed by James O'Barr. $200. Free US shipping, $10 international credit.

TMNT 33 First Turtle variant CGC 9.8. Limited to 500 copies. Features Eastman's first TMNT sketch. $100. Free US shipping, $10 international credit.

---------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know if I have missed anything.

(worship)

I just double checked with everything on the spreadsheet. You got everything! :headbang:

:acclaim:

Thanks Justin.

What's even way cooler is that nobody is removing their donation items and many are continuing to donate new items. (worship)

Okay I know I said Saturday-- I can't do that.

I hate to keep a commissioner waiting (ha-- I must be Batman!)

Here is Ernesto's piece-- sorry it's already sold of course, but a few PMs asked if they could see the finished work:

IMG_20150414_165416662.jpg

Okay, NOW I'm getting to the comic work that pays the bills!

Here is Ernesto's piece-- sorry it's already sold of course, but a few PMs asked if they could see the finished work:

very cool (thumbs u

very cool (thumbs u

+1 on both pieces! :applause:

WONDER WOMAN Special Series #9 1978

NM-

Very small pencilled arrival date in yellow banner at top.

$15 SOLD! shipped anywhere in continental US

In addition, if someone buys this book, I will donate $30 to the fund. Your $15 donation will become $45!

img682_zpsyzkrmn24.jpg

img683_zpspef4twnw.jpg

NM-

$15 shipped anywhere in continental US

In addition, if someone buys this book, I will donate $30 to the fund. Your $15 donation will become $45!

img682_zpsyzkrmn24.jpg

img683_zpspef4twnw.jpg

I have to say to all involved in this thread and threads run in support of this one. It has been extremely touching to witness, and even play a small part in helping a dream come true. The circumstance which lead to this thread hits very close to my heart due to me losing a brother to cancer years ago and it's things like this that truly shine a light on the world.

Thank you all and my very best to Richard and his family. You will definitely be in my prayers.

Kelly

NM-

$15 shipped anywhere in continental US

Thank you!!! I will get the Paypal address and make my own $30 donation.

:luhv:

Thanks a lot, Andy!! It's awesome!!