• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DESPERATE TIMES and SAD CIRCUMSTANCES. A THREAD to HELP STORMSURGE!

642 posts in this topic

I've been traveling so I missed the whole thread-- a great cause.

Two pieces of original art here-- one by me-- in case you don't know my background I am a full time graphic novelist who has been making a living in comics for the past 15 years. I'm probably the most successful comic artist you've never heard of ;)

My work is usually non superhero but I do have a Batman project I want to do with DC that will happen someday. I'd also jump on the Batman '66 book if asked, but regardless-- I'm a full time artist and one of my paintings is in the collection of the National Gallery in Washington DC and I have a solo show scheduled in London in 2016. My website is ANDY T FISH

My offering: An A4 sized Dark Knight homage A4 is roughly 9x12 and it's done on Japanese Manga paper which takes ink brilliantly.

IMG_20150414_104616974.jpg

$35 with all proceeds going to the cause. My regular commission rate is $50-$200 for a piece this size and I'll cover US shipping-- if you're outside the US we can figure it out.

Second piece is by my wife Veronica-- who is ALSO a comic artist and painter. If you're on the West Coast you've likely seen her work at Gallery 1988 and several others it's a mixed media piece 3.5" x 11" and it's an homage to Wally Wood's run on THE SPIRIT-- I absolutely LOVE this piece and reserve the right to buy it myself if it doesn't sell (and of course I'll still pay into the fund) also $35 same deal all proceeds go to the cause and we'll cover shipping (we are in the Boston area) inside the good ol' US of A.

Her website is VERONICA FISH

IMG_20150414_104632108.jpg

IMG_20150414_104639213.jpg

:takeit: on the Batman OA!

Two pieces of original art here-- one by me-- in case you don't know my background I am a full time graphic novelist who has been making a living in comics for the past 15 years. I'm probably the most successful comic artist you've never heard of ;)

My work is usually non superhero but I do have a Batman project I want to do with DC that will happen someday. I'd also jump on the Batman '66 book if asked, but regardless-- I'm a full time artist and one of my paintings is in the collection of the National Gallery in Washington DC and I have a solo show scheduled in London in 2016. My website is ANDY T FISH

My offering: An A4 sized Dark Knight homage A4 is roughly 9x12 and it's done on Japanese Manga paper which takes ink brilliantly.

$35 with all proceeds going to the cause. My regular commission rate is $50-$200 for a piece this size and I'll cover US shipping-- if you're outside the US we can figure it out.

Second piece is by my wife Veronica-- who is ALSO a comic artist and painter. If you're on the West Coast you've likely seen her work at Gallery 1988 and several others it's a mixed media piece 3.5" x 11" and it's an homage to Wally Wood's run on THE SPIRIT-- I absolutely LOVE this piece and reserve the right to buy it myself if it doesn't sell (and of course I'll still pay into the fund) also $35 same deal all proceeds go to the cause and we'll cover shipping (we are in the Boston area) inside the good ol' US of A.

:takeit: on the Batman OA!

:applause: any more of those lying around?

:takeit: That's a steal.

$35<< SOLD!! with all proceeds going to the cause. My regular commission rate is $50-$200 for a piece this size and I'll cover US shipping-- if you're outside the US we can figure it out.

Man, I would have been all over this! I would've been even more :( I missed it if it was a Joker piece.

Awesome stuff, Andy! Thank you for contributing to the cause... (worship)

SA/BA Reader Lot: Here are two-dozen 100% complete and readable comic books (including a few oddball first issues) from the twilight of our universally shared popular culture, when comics were still available EVERYWHERE!.

Grade range is Fair to VG/VG+.

NO coupons/panels/pinups clipped! NO centerfolds/pages missing! All stories are COMPLETE & READABLE.

24 comics total.

$35 USPS Priority Mail shipped and insured (US only), with 100% of the $$ going to Richard and his family.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD #5 (Marvel, 1968). Steranko, natch!

Smokey Bear #1 (Gold Key, 1970).

Tom and Jerry #280 (Gold Key, 1974).

Plop #17 (DC, 1975).

Tales to Astonish #81 (Marvel, 1966). Kirby, Colan, & Everett!

Little Archie #37 (Archie, winter 1965-1966, no back cover).

Occult Files of Dr. Spektor #7 (Gold Key, 1974).

The Monkees #2 (Dell, 1967, photo cover of the group).

G-8 and his Battle Aces #1 (Gold Key, 1966, one-shot).

Space Family Robinson #13 (Gold Key, 1965).

Air War Stories #7 (Dell, 1966).

Conan the Barbarian #30 (Marvel, 1973).

Kull the Conqueror #10 (Marvel, 1973).

Guerilla War #14 (Dell, 1966, formerly titled "Jungle War Stories").

Sgt. Fury #31 (Marvel, 1966).

Chip 'n' Dale #2 (Gold Key, 1968).

Wendy the Good Little Witch (Harvey, 1969).

Casper #157 (Harvey, 1971).

Casper and Nightmare #38 (Harvey, 1972).

Casper #125 (Harvey, 1969)

Teen Titans #3 (DC, 1966). Nick Cardy!

Flying Saucers #1 (Dell, 1967).

Little Lulu #201 (Gold Key, 1971).

Choo-Choo Charlie #1 (Gold Key, 1969). John Stanley!

---------------------------------------------------------------

SA-BA-reader-lot.jpg

If it's still available, :takeit: for $50.

:takeit: That's a steal.

Wow, you may have picked up the best item in this thread.

That is a GORGEOUS piece of art! I'm very jealous! :)

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35<<SOLD! shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

That's going to be it for art-- I have comics to draw!

IMG_20150414_140918467_HDR.jpg

Joker you say? Jerry Robinson once bought a Joker commission from me with the quote "You do the sickest Joker!"-- happy memory for me of a real gentleman..

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

:takeit:

How about this one:

Same deal $35 shipped to the US and all funds to the thread. It's also A4 sized.

:takeit:

Ernesto should PM me-- another $35 to the cause and I'll do another one, as long as he doesn't mind waiting until Saturday for it to ship (I'm pretty swamped). I'll push the scary factor on it up a notch or two.

Ernesto should PM me-- another $35 to the cause and I'll do another one, as long as he doesn't mind waiting until Saturday for it to ship (I'm pretty swamped). I'll push the scary factor on it up a notch or two.

We have such nice people here:) :foryou:

I know you meant well, lol...but ...Don't be a trouble maker :makepoint:

You know I am more than often a "trouble maker"… it’s people that see me as a "nice guy"… lol

Again, I did not mean to twist Andy’s arm in doing another one but hey that’s great, I attained my goal. :grin: