• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Silver Surfer 4, Resub Candidate? RESULTS IN!

68 posts in this topic

The book is on its way back from CGC and should be here today or Monday. I'll post a picture of the new slab and take a few more guesses before I post the new grade.

-Al

Al, I remember this book.....this is one of the books I suggested that you send into Joe at CFP to dry clean and press before sending it to CGC for grading.

My guess is that you end up with a 9.0 , which would make the book an absolute ^^

The book is on its way back from CGC and should be here today or Monday. I'll post a picture of the new slab and take a few more guesses before I post the new grade.

-Al

He's not angry enough for it to have stayed 7.5-8.0... too much color break on the corner, the thumb crease on the board, and further into the cover for me to see it as a 9.0, which is exactly why that's the grade it will be.

He's not angry enough for it to have stayed 7.5-8.0... too much color break on the corner, the thumb crease on the board, and further into the cover for me to see it as a 9.0, which is exactly why that's the grade it will be.

Eh, I'm indifferent about the new grade.

Eh, I'm indifferent about the new grade.

hm

Great looking book as is!

Did you ever get the original grader's notes?

Interesting to compare those as well as the grade itself with the new grade.

Good luck! :cool:

I do have the original graders notes, so I'll post them to compare when the book comes in. I thought CGC shipped it early last week, but it turns out it was shipped a little late. Should have scans for guesses by Wednesday.

The book is finally here!

I was going to look up the new graders notes, but my CGC membership expired recently and I'm not going to pay $5 for the notes. lol

I'll give 10% off on my next silver/bronze thread to the first two people who PM me the correct grade. I'll post the actual grade later this evening. Don't be too quick to guess, this is a good one. Feel free to post in this thread too! Here are some scans for guessing:

Top edge isn't chipped and there is no foxing on the book. Gotta love my scanner...

img536_zpsjuiogsox.jpg

img537_zpsoucz0o0h.jpg

-Al