• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM choice of #1 or #83

JIM #1 or #83  

501 members have voted

1. 1. JIM #1 or #83

179 posts in this topic

A nice mid/low grade CGC 3.0/ 4.0 Journey into Mystery #1 would be a "holy grail" to me

I have seen maybe a few graded examples for sale in 4 years

If I wanted a #83 I could get one in the next 5 minutes, I think that says it all.

(shrug) but Jim #1 isn't a 1950's war comic. Why would it be a Holy Grail to you? I've seen more than a few graded copies for sale. It's not that hard to find if you want it.

A nice mid/low grade CGC 3.0/ 4.0 Journey into Mystery #1 would be a "holy grail" to me

If I wanted a #83 I could get one in the next 5 minutes, I think that says it all.

Then if that's what you like,why on earth would you ask others what's best. Forgive me if I'm not getting it. (shrug)

83. Hands down, because of its importance as a key first app. of character that I like)

Scarcity, if that is your argument for 1 over 83, is not a factor for me in this case. Plenty of scarce GA books that I wouldn't give a second look at (that's not a knock against GA, it's just a matter of priorities)

(shrug) but Jim #1 isn't a 1950's war comic. Why would it be a Holy Grail to you? I've seen more than a few graded copies for sale. It's not that hard to find if you want it.

I love my 50's war comics !! but my runs are getting complete, I figure i might branch off someday to another set and genre (1950's or before of course)

:cloud9:

bf0db662dd4a3fc7bf87aff3beeebfff_zps5c141d67.jpg[/img]

I also see very few JIM #1s for sale. :headbang:

Then if that's what you like,why on earth would you ask others what's best. Forgive me if I'm not getting it. (shrug)

.....he's just trying to initiate a friendly debate. I selected both....... I love Kirby SA Keys, but Atlas PCH is also a favorite.....I'm truly torn. The fact that I love the covers on each doesn't help matters. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Not fair you have em all....... (worship)

Don't you have a drunk driver to catch? :censored:

Are you kidding me? now you get to tell people what they can and cannot inquire about ?? this is a comic book chat board and I think a poll and discussion about Journey into Mystery including early issues is interesting , it may have already been discussed and if so I am sorry I missed it,

if this simple poll about comics causes you to shrug and not get it please move on without commenting-thanks

:takeit:

Are you kidding me? now you get to tell people what they can and cannot inquire about ?? this is a comic book chat board and I think a poll and discussion about Journey into Mystery including early issues is interesting , it may have already been discussed and if so I am sorry I missed it,

if this simple poll about comics causes you to shrug and not get it please move on without commenting-thanks

Don't get all pizzy.I can't inquire in the discussion either? I sense that you are a strong willed person who knows what he likes,and if you said you like JIM #1 why ask people? I don't know I'm strong willed too,but I don't ask the general populace what's a good book to get. I know what books I want. :baiting:

JIM 83 without question.

Indeed. Other than the fact that it is a #1, a JIM #1 is not really a key. JIM 83 is the first appearance of a major hero. This is no contest.

This.

Not fair you have em all....... (worship)

I picked both in the poll. :sumo:

JIM8345.jpg[/img]

Don't you have a drunk driver to catch? :censored: