• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM choice of #1 or #83

JIM #1 or #83  

501 members have voted

1. 1. JIM #1 or #83

179 posts in this topic

Off topic from the poll....but I see JIM #2 even less for sale then #1.

:cloud9:

256aa16991755ad41cf843197cfd6185_zps0dc0428e.jpg[/img]

You should take it out of the box more often :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

First appearance of a major super-hero character against a very typical. run-of-the-mill 50s book?

JIM 83. Easy.

A nice mid/low grade CGC 3.0/ 4.0 Journey into Mystery #1 would be a "holy grail" to me

I have seen maybe a few graded examples for sale in 4 years

If I wanted a #83 I could get one in the next 5 minutes, I think that says it all.

Then if that's what you like,why on earth would you ask others what's best. Forgive me if I'm not getting it. (shrug)

Are you kidding me? now you get to tell people what they can and cannot inquire about ?? this is a comic book chat board and I think a poll and discussion about Journey into Mystery including early issues is interesting , it may have already been discussed and if so I am sorry I missed it,

if this simple poll about comics causes you to shrug and not get it please move on without commenting-thanks

Don't get all pizzy.I can't inquire in the discussion either? I sense that you are a strong willed person who knows what he likes,and if you said you like JIM #1 why ask people? I don't know I'm strong willed too,but I don't ask the general populace what's a good book to get. I know what books I want. :baiting:

I am sorry but I do not have even one acquaintance who collects comics or cares about them, This is my hobby these days and it is very fun !

Just thought this CGC chat board was a sweet outlet to discuss all things comics , i may or may not know what i want, and actually cannot afford either JIM #1 or #83 at this time. If the day comes i can afford it, JIM #1 is a true holy grail to me !! i am sorry to have trampled on the CGC chat board space with a discussion and poll that you do not get and have suggested unnecessary.

A nice mid/low grade CGC 3.0/ 4.0 Journey into Mystery #1 would be a "holy grail" to me

I have seen maybe a few graded examples for sale in 4 years

If I wanted a #83 I could get one in the next 5 minutes, I think that says it all.

Then if that's what you like,why on earth would you ask others what's best. Forgive me if I'm not getting it. (shrug)

Are you kidding me? now you get to tell people what they can and cannot inquire about ?? this is a comic book chat board and I think a poll and discussion about Journey into Mystery including early issues is interesting , it may have already been discussed and if so I am sorry I missed it,

if this simple poll about comics causes you to shrug and not get it please move on without commenting-thanks

Don't get all pizzy.I can't inquire in the discussion either? I sense that you are a strong willed person who knows what he likes,and if you said you like JIM #1 why ask people? I don't know I'm strong willed too,but I don't ask the general populace what's a good book to get. I know what books I want. :baiting:

I am sorry but I do not have even one acquaintance who collects comics or cares about them, This is my hobby these days and it is very fun !

Just thought this CGC chat board was a sweet outlet to discuss all things comics , i may or may not know what i want, and actually cannot afford either JIM #1 or #83 at this time. If the day comes i can afford it, JIM #1 is a true holy grail to me !! i am sorry to have trampled on the CGC chat board space with a discussion and poll that you do not get and have suggested unnecessary.

Apology accepted. :foryou:

:D

JIM 83 by far hands down. You definitely want to buy a key like this first because prices are going up. It has a higher upside than a JIM 1.

....I'm not saying this from some pinnacle of elitist purity...... but the interested buyer of a JIM 1 is less likely to be concerned about the upside. That being said.... I have a feeling JIM 83 will win this poll by a landslide. GOD BLESS...

JIM 83 by far hands down. You definitely want to buy a key like this first because prices are going up. It has a higher upside than a JIM 1.

....I'm not saying this from some pinnacle of elitist purity...... but the interested buyer of a JIM 1 is less likely to be concerned about the upside. That being said.... I have a feeling JIM 83 will win this poll by a landslide. GOD BLESS...

I agree Jimbo. It's really up to the buyer's decision. Maybe they need a JIM #1 to fill in a gap in their collection. I also think JIM #1 is rare than #83 to come by? With that, I was speaking about if the buyer were to choose between the two books now and say maybe he wanted to get the other copy later, it would be wiser to pick up the JIM 83 now before the JIM 1 because the JIM 83 has of course better upside. It would cost him more later on if he waited.

I agree Jimbo. It's really up to the buyer's decision. Maybe they need a JIM #1 to fill in a gap in their collection. I also think JIM #1 is rare than #83 to come by? With that, I was speaking about if the buyer were to choose between the two books now and say maybe he wanted to get the other copy later, it would be wiser to pick up the JIM 83 now before the JIM 1 because the JIM 83 has of course better upside. It would cost him more later on if he waited.

Thor has been kind of flat for a few years now. JIM #1 might have better upside. :popcorn:

If a real high grade copy were to come to market in an auction.....it might shock a lot of people with its final price. :idea:

...it's a neat run to put together.....only 125 issues with most being challenging in Fine or better.....either through scarcity, price, or both. GOD BLESS....

JIM 83 for me but I would like both. I would just get the 83 first then the other later down the road. 2c

JIM 83 without question.

Indeed. Other than the fact that it is a #1, a JIM #1 is not really a key. JIM 83 is the first appearance of a major hero. This is no contest.

Well, if you care about pre-code horror and don't care about superheroes then there is indeed, a contest.

JIM 83 without question.

Indeed. Other than the fact that it is a #1, a JIM #1 is not really a key. JIM 83 is the first appearance of a major hero. This is no contest.

Well, if you care about pre-code horror and don't care about superheroes then there is indeed, a contest.

That's true. Personally, I'd be happy with a JIM 83 and some ECs.

I like the ashtray just sitting on the desk like another piece of office equipment. And the girl looks like she has some pretty healthy lungs too despite her smoking habit.

anyone know who did the cover art work on #1?

Russ Heath.