• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

Shock Suspenstories #6 CGC 9.4 went for decent money @ $2800. I've felt that this book has been creeping for some time now.

I actually thought it was low. A 9.6 Gaines went for $7k in 2013. This one wasn't a Gaines, but I'm surprised that the non-pedigree status would make that much of a difference.

crud...should have bought the 9.2 supes 14 at 25K when I had the chance...went for way more than I wanted to pay :cry:

Not as much I should have bought one back in the day for 800;

my opportunity was fairly recent.... its all relative for sure

Sensation #68 went cheap. That could wind up being a key in the near future.
if DC brings paula brooks back (shrug)

Won't matter, if the Huntress comes back in the movies in any way, this book will pop. Look at Batman #59.

Plus this book is impossible to find. Almost coincidence that two copies have come up in the last two months.

Hey, when's the last time you saw a Sensation #6? I think if a copy ever comes to auction we're going to see an eye popping number.

Shock Suspenstories #6 CGC 9.4 went for decent money @ $2800. I've felt that this book has been creeping for some time now.

I actually thought it was low. A 9.6 Gaines went for $7k in 2013. This one wasn't a Gaines, but I'm surprised that the non-pedigree status would make that much of a difference.

The EC's don't go for multiples the way SA Marvels do but I figured it was around a $3K book.

One of my favorite covers of all time.

Won't matter, if the Huntress comes back in the movies in any way, this book will pop. Look at Batman #59.

Plus this book is impossible to find. Almost coincidence that two copies have come up in the last two months.

Hey, when's the last time you saw a Sensation #6? I think if a copy ever comes to auction we're going to see an eye popping number.

but isn't deadshot in batman 59 the same Floyd today?

Yes and no; I doubt that distinction will really matter.

I agree with Peter. I think its a great great move up since the last tec 33 6.5 sold for like 38K. Only 6K a point vs 10k per point now.
low/mid grades do not follow high grade price per point correlation (at least not generally)... it is more arithmetic in lower grades and more exponential in higher grades...

The EC's don't go for multiples the way SA Marvels do but I figured it was around a $3K book.

The Gaines File status is a multiplier, much like the Church pedigree. My 2c

I had 5 copies of sens 6 last year...

Yes, but they sold fast. I have two of them and have not seen one copy since. That book seems to never come up at auction. You were literally the only person I've ever seen with a copy.

Yes and no; I doubt that distinction will really matter.

you may be right...but if it is the "modern" huntress, I think today's movie herd will seek the bronze version as "the" one to have....

The Gaines File status is a multiplier, much like the Church pedigree. My 2c

I agree it brings higher prices, but nothing like we saw with today's MH copies.