• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

....I just hope whomever plucked it from the world at large will appreciate what they actually have with that one. ......and yes, I suppose I am a bit generous when it comes to counting out that "mind money"..........GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Does anyone know anything about the All Select 4 Mile High ? I thought John had them all tied up?
when I talked to him about it in Chicago last month he said that was one of the books chuck had already sold...he wasn't sure if he was going after it or not... I, of course, told him he "had to"...

I think he told me there are a handful of timely MH's he doesn't own

I believe he said '6 or 7' that he didn't own.

Might have been him going after it hard at that price.

Superman #1 2.5 restored for almost 34k?

A little high no? Doesn anyone else think that?

Do you think it was cheap if it comes back as a blue label 1.0 or 1.5?

Maybe. Not a cheap gamble though.

Definitely. Very expensive gamble.

I agree that the tec 33 cover may not be as an alluring as the other 3 Tech covers but at some point people have to realize it is undervalued being the origin story and has to catch up.

My 2 cents worth.

Walclark was that you? hm

Not me. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool. In fact, the way prices are going, I may be relegated to the kiddie pool.

I think I've been relegated to sitting in a deck chair sipping lemonade. :cry:

lol you guys are hilarious! And I was referring to the Speed 19 I'm sure you know. Don't feel so bad I struck out and or sat out the books I wanted today for the same reasons. But great for HA and the cosignors. Maybe better luck next week (shrug)
Speaking of which, can't believe CC closes next week, and there isn't a thread yet for that auction.... :o

I just want to see what the Tec 38 restored 1.5 goes for. Last time I checked it was at $6700.

Not me. I don't swim in the deep end of the pool. In fact, the way prices are going, I may be relegated to the kiddie pool.

lol you guys are hilarious! And I was referring to the Speed 19 I'm sure you know. Don't feel so bad I struck out and or sat out the books I wanted today for the same reasons. But great for HA and the cosignors. Maybe better luck next week (shrug)
Speaking of which, can't believe CC closes next week, and there isn't a thread yet for that auction.... :o

I just want to see what the Tec 38 restored 1.5 goes for. Last time I checked it was at $6700.

Yeah,, the Tec's more than anything (surprise surprise)have been strong right out of the gate. Other titles will catch up with most of the prime HA offers out of the way. Just wonder how many folks will pull back because they splurged today? Could still make for a great snag ( or two) :D

That Marvel Comics #1 CGC 0.5 was surprisingly strong @ $22.7K. Someone must have a back cover waiting in the wings for that book.

:o

Edited cause I didn't know what I was talking about. For some reason I thought it was missing a back cover. lol

Very strong sell for a 0.5 copy but it is a tough book to find.

I was the under bidder on that one. I was getting the feeling the eventual winner was not going to back down so I had to tap out. I just felt it was too much money for a 0.5 of anything. :sorry:

-J.

I hear ya bro. When a POOR copy of Marvel 1 sells for 22.7K. It should be no surprise that slight to moderate restored copies are on the rise in terms of demand and price.

The one book I was seriously watching was the Batman 3 which I thought went for a low price but the alignment on the book just bothered me to much an I couldn't bid seriously. My search for a nice Batman 3 continues...

IMO, that price is already ridiculous

Really? I'd have to respectfully disagree my friend: Robin is one of the A list class super heroes( and had been long before the Marvel Movie revolution that has made household names of characters previously relegated to familiarity among predominately comic book readers and cartoon enthusists( I'm not referring to a Spider-Man or The Hulk). If you know Batman, and that's what 99.9% of he population ? lol then you've heard of Robin. I've always felt this was an undervalued book among 'serious' collectors, and feel given the characters brand recognition(side kick #1, leader of The Teen Titans) this book has waaay more potential to go.

Really? I'd have to respectfully disagree my friend: Robin is one of the A list class super heroes( and had been long before the Marvel Movie revolution that has made household names of characters previously relegated to familiarity among predominately comic book readers and cartoon enthusists( I'm not referring to a Spider-Man or The Hulk). If you know Batman, and that's what 99.9% of he population ? lol then you've heard of Robin. I've always felt this was an undervalued book among 'serious' collectors, and feel given the characters brand recognition(side kick #1, leader of The Teen Titans) this book has waaay more potential to go.

Sold in January of 2015 for $4,900

18191602616_feff4f3903_c.jpg

Up for sale 5 months later for $6,700 and counting

18191601026_04836c069d_c.jpg

Look at quality difference between the books. The 1.5 is WAY over priced.

:)

Certainly that can be argued. But I guess what I was driving at is that surely the individual who's high bidder must be aware of the Jan 2015 transaction, unless it was a private sale. Either way, I think this book is getting shine as one of the last major keys that hasn't become unattainable by most yet like other recent sleepers that are no longer sleepers( Archie 1, Pep 22, All Star 8)all I would argue weren the gangbusters books they are now a decade ago. I think that's what's driving More Fun 73 too. A get it while you can mentality( though that book has not been a bargain lately). I think people are realizing Robins importance and feel a copy is better than no copy, and that 1.5 hammer may look like a bargain to us all 3 to five years from now. Oh, IMHO :sumo:lol

:)

Nope its not at 6.7k it will go between 10-12k

A 0.5 trimmed married back cover just sold for 5.3k go look at gpa

That was a great pick up for 4.9k

tec 38 is en Fuego!!!!

comparing the tec 38 to the pre robin tec is also a valid point. why should The first apperance of Robin be worth less than tec 29,31,33,35.... It was never like this before the last 5-8 years. Tec 38 was always a coveted grail. Lost steam the last 10-15 years. Making up for lost time in a hurry.