• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

Not hearing much buzz about this movie..Am I just not looking in the right places? Saw "Birds of Prey" several weeks ago and no preview was shown..Odd to me.

When the trailer hit there was virtually no uptick in the prices of 9.8 Eternal Warrior #4.

Looking at the trailer as a pure fan, it looks like they missed the boat on what could have been.

I like Vin's movies so I will see this once it comes out on Blu ray or streaming.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

When the trailer hit there was virtually no uptick in the prices of 9.8 Eternal Warrior #4.

Looking at the trailer as a pure fan, it looks like they missed the boat on what could have been.

I like Vin's movies so I will see this once it comes out on Blu ray or streaming.

I will watch this at the movie theatre but seems like no excitement created for this movie at all.  Again, maybe I'm wrong on this. 

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

I will watch this at the movie theatre but seems like no excitement created for this movie at all.  Again, maybe I'm wrong on this. 

"at the theater" will be a problem - coronavirus has people staying home.  Disney/Pixar only got $40M last weekend on an animated movie with 96% audience score.

Edited by valiantman

Even three weeks ago Bloodshot was only tracking for a $10 million opening weekend.

However, so were The Hunt and I Still Believe.

It's entirely possible that Bloodshot comes in third (or fourth) this weekend behind those films and Onward's 2nd weekend.

10 minutes ago, paperheart said:

are they screening this for critics? (other than in countries where the movie has already been or was supposed to have been released); i may have transposed some of my 42 guesses.

I'm seeing it as a prescreen tomorrow, if I get in, first come first serve deal. I suck at reviews, but I can judge the carpet out of promotion and turn out.... lol

Birds of prey gave out metal hammer pins... (:

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm seeing it as a prescreen tomorrow, if I get in, first come first serve deal. I suck at reviews, but I can judge the carpet out of promotion and turn out.... lol

Birds of prey gave out metal hammer pins... (:

Hopefully they give out nanites intravenously with little Valiant symbols on them.

To be fair, our boy Scott Mendelson (Forbes) notes that Bloodshot need only do $120 million or so *globally* to be a hit for Sony and warrant a sequel.

Since it supposedly only cost $40-$45 million to make.

(What? What's that I hear? 3.0x production budget??)

And Vin Diesel's non-Fast & the Furious films have all done better overseas.

So the hope is for a $40-$50 million domestic total & $110-$130 million worldwide.

Even so, coming in 3rd or 4th on opening weekend isn't good optics from a Valiant Universe perspective.

1 hour ago, RANDOM ACTS said:

Which means it is DOA. Hopefully, I am wrong but with no China audience to back it up we shall see. This to me is personally devastating as I love Valiant, but if it does under 30 million than most likely we won't see any Valiant movies for awhile. Think about it they had Vin Diesel from Fast and Furious and it will still flop.

I believe you're right about this.  $10mil opening weekend will be disastrous!  It needs like a $35-$45mil opening weekend to create a stir.  No doubt the coronavirus is having an affect but even if no virus, this movie has had no "flair" to generate any excitement.  

I sense no more Valiant movies for a very long time if Bloodshot tanks. 

4 hours ago, paperheart said:

are they screening this for critics? (other than in countries where the movie has already been or was supposed to have been released); i may have transposed some of my 42 guesses.

My sister is a London-based film critic. She covers everything but is a big geek so this is something that she would write about, but she has not heard about screenings for critics. It opens there Wednesday.

53 minutes ago, RANDOM ACTS said:

Honestly, this will be a bomb. It will depress me because this means Valiant is dead. If Valiant was smart  than get Jim Shooter on the trail like Stan Lee Marvel. Valiant comics now DOA SO SAD.

Vin Diesel is a big enough action star that it *should* draw a good audience. The X factor here is how the coronavirus affects movie-goers in the coming months.

looks looks like I'm going to get into the bloodshot movie, only 10th in line at 3pm starts at 7:30

Trying to save high speed data lol

Sucks the same plan on cell phone I have is available for unlimited high speed but I have to go down there in person :pullhair:

19 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

looks looks like I'm going to get into the bloodshot movie, only 10th in line at 3pm starts at 7:30

Sucks the same plan on cell phone I have is available for unlimited high speed but I have to go down there in person :pullhair:

:popcorn:

44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

hope they're paying you by the hour

33 minutes ago, paperheart said:

hope they're paying you by the hour

I will sit here and like it lol

Or they know who I am and they will find me and they will terminate me (:

7/10 a familiar story, but new perspective, not everything is what it seems. The audience showed up and laughed several times at intentionally funny things, with a back drop story up against a soldier who is ambitious every time. One soldier seems annoyed at that lol and there is a lot of action. It was enjoyable and the hero is rewarded for being ambitious every time so it's not in vain, even though he is the cause of his over exertion due to ambition, but gets the job done at the cost of his own life more often than not....