• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Was it at least entertaining?

Long story, but in short yes!

The audience showed up, but there were room for spaces between people sitting so it wasn't cram packed.

I did yawn a couple of times, but I was stressed, had to meet insurance people same day, that's why I had taken off....

Anyway, it seems the reviews are spot on. Since you already know the premise of the movie, it takes a while to get past what you already know to get to something new and entertaining.

If you hadn't been watching reviews or all the info going on, you'd probably enjoy it more. The real problem is knowing the trailer and the character, "you might" have already seen the movie without going to the theater lol I don't want to discourage though.

The audience laughed, acting was good, the tedious repetition didn't get on my nerves but there was a bit of it. 

Another short, the good out weighed the zzz

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The audience showed up, but there were room for spaces between people sitting so it wasn't cram packed.

I did yawn a couple of times, but I was stressed, had to meet insurance people same day, that's why I had taken off....

Anyway, it seems the reviews are spot on. Since you already know the premise of the movie, it takes a while to get past what you already know to get to something new and entertaining.

If you hadn't been watching reviews or all the info going on, you'd probably enjoy it more. The real problem is knowing the trailer and the character, "you might" have already seen the movie without going to the theater lol I don't want to discourage though.

The audience laughed, acting was good, the tedious repetition didn't get on my nerves but there was a bit of it. 

Thanks!

A number of reviews noted the trailers pretty much hinted to the full story. Such a shame.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks for the review!

Curious how it compares to either Upgrade or Robocop (2014). The Bloodshot trailers made it seem especially thematically similar to Robocop, what with the false memories and remote shut-down by his handlers.

4 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Thanks for the review!

Curious how it compares to either Upgrade or Robocop (2014). The Bloodshot trailers made it seem especially thematically similar to Robocop, what with the false memories and remote shut-down by his handlers.

the remote shut down plays a major role, the memories affects the conscious of those involved whether willingly or unwillingly. Enough that there were a few plot discrepancies. And some Obvious things that are hm but I don't want to ruin it. If you enjoy the character "bloodshot" you should be good, it doesn't scream "superhero movie" imo. It's more just a "high tech gadget movie", if that makes sense lol 

It's more modern than men in tights (thumbsu   

Giving it a 'FRESH' rating. The best Vin Diesel movie he has made, surpassing his Riddick films. But it is a Vin Diesel movie. His absurd lines delivered by Vin Diesel are very Vin Diesel. :insane:

Edited by Bosco685

14 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

huge bummer.  not going to risk catching the virus to watch this in the theater. 

From all these reviews, it is sounding like when you see it the experience will be a one-time "Well that was fun" but nothing something you would rewatch.

That's not a way to kick off a franchise. :frown:

Possibly too similar to the Bloodshot Deluxe Edition digital collection I’ve just read, though with a lower violence level than that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

SPIN FACTOR® - The HSX Blog

Vin Diesel toplines Bloodshot [BLDSH] based on a Valiant Comics superhero. The PG-13 rated film has such poor buzz that Sony is no longer producing additional films from its universe. Bloodshot may score $8 million from 2861 theaters.

Wait, what?

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

SPIN FACTOR® - The HSX Blog

Vin Diesel toplines Bloodshot [BLDSH] based on a Valiant Comics superhero. The PG-13 rated film has such poor buzz that Sony is no longer producing additional films from its universe. Bloodshot may score $8 million from 2861 theaters.

Wait, what?

damn

They picked an absolutely horrible time to release the film, but I am betting it still would have tanked at the box office regardless. That being said, the studio should have postponed the release date until May to see if it had any type of legs.

Edited by kimik

6 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

damn

You do realize that is her steady negative rhetoric as Valiant Comics already had a portion of the franchise moved to Paramount.

Harbinger Switches Studios, Putting a Valiant Cinematic Universe in Question

It's part of her 'I need attention' act. (:

It's opening day, y'all! :applause:

Five years after the first Valiant films were announced, we finally get to see one grace the big screen!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/bloodshot-harbinger-comics-get-film-790433

It's a HUGE day for Valiant fans! 

Sucks that it's at just 34% on Rotten Tomatoes, though.

At least it should hit at least double Upgrade's opening weekend of $4.7 million.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You do realize that is her steady negative rhetoric as Valiant Comics already had a portion of the franchise moved to Paramount.

Harbinger Switches Studios, Putting a Valiant Cinematic Universe in Question

It's part of her 'I need attention' act. (:

Bosco - that headline is more factual than negative.

And that exact sentiment has been a constant reframe among the diehard Valiant folks over on Greg's ValiantFans boards since the announcement.

Just sayin' - you're imputing negative intent here when even the most supportive fans knew the spilt of Sony and Paramount posed a huge risk to any impending VCU no matter how well the individual films did.