• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lets see those Completed Short Runs!
2 2

396 posts in this topic

Only one...

comwonderfuladvs_zpsrnb4ojum.jpg

:golfclap::golfclap: Where do you find some of this stuff?!? Awesome runs (and one shots). As Gino said earlier, wouldn't expect anything less than (than to be awed).

Great books, Robot Man! You're on a tear, eh eh! Too bad you don't like EC's, bwahahaha!

This is the brief run by Youthful. I also have the full run (15 issues) of Beware by Trojan, but too many to post in the thread, per the limit by the OP.

Notice in the header, the word, "terror" in the initial issue was changed to "horror" for the next two.

27y69nt.jpg

Isn't this the end of the "Captain Science" series by Youthful? One might say it changed a little lol , I have been meaning to complete this run, but haven't gotten around to it :grin:

No, I don't believe so.

Captain Science ended with number 7, December, 1951,and continued as Fantastic, for two issues. I have both, and will post them.

Beware started with number 10, June, 1952, and continued for just two more issues.

These runs are just crazy good. Great idea, Sagii! :applause:

Ross Andru and Mike Esposito.. This is the total romance output for their short lived publishing company. Of course one of you other guys has the three issue Get Lost.

Toth house style. And Toth gets the credit (by some) for the 3-D Romance cover.

HeartandSoul01fc100_zpswizxqzcl.jpg

HeartandSoul2fc100_zpsufoij0qa.jpg

3DRomancefc100_zpspuvfs4y2.jpg

3DLovefc100_zps3992qhc6.jpg

These runs are just crazy good. Great idea, Sagii! :applause:

Ross Andru and Mike Esposito.. This is the total romance output for their short lived publishing company. Of course one of you other guys has the three issue Get Lost.

Toth house style. And Toth gets the credit (by some) for the 3-D Romance cover.

HeartandSoul01fc100_zpswizxqzcl.jpg

HeartandSoul2fc100_zpsufoij0qa.jpg

3DRomancefc100_zpspuvfs4y2.jpg

3DLovefc100_zps3992qhc6.jpg

Thanks Doc, short runs are full of hardly seen, esoteric goodies I'm seeing! Love the Heart & Soul cover art. R&A could handle more than just everyone's favorite Amazon. And the 3-D books are very cool too. (thumbs u

Thank you Sag.

Here's a little Star run. In romance, Quality was probably the leader in producing those short punchy runs, four to six issues. Marvel had a lot of one shots and twosies, thrashing around trying to find their way in that explosive market.

FilmStarsRomances01f100_zpsf5443eb6.jpg

FilmStarsRomances02fc100_zpsa560a885.jpg

FilmStarsRomances03fc100_zps96bdaf27.jpg

^ I like the Western Romance covers, but still gotta break up this girly stuff, bwahahaahaha!

These are the only issues (8 and 9) of this title, a continuation of Captain Science, which ended with issue 7.

1h3urr.jpg

Oops, in my zeal accidentally included both of my issue 13's.

May a thousand Camels...OK, you know the rest :wink:

Anyway, what other 5 issue run has THREE Matt Fox covers? It don't get no better if you be a horror fan!

15s4iub.jpg

One more photocover run. Because when all you've got is a hammer...everything's a photocover. Or something like that.

MrAnthonysLoveClinic01fc100_zpsif3wzwuk.jpg

MrAnthonysLoveClinic02fc100_zpsuhyiiiwi.jpg

MrAnthonysLoveClinic03fc100_zps1pfz4yj4.jpg

MrAnthonysLoveClinic04fc100_zpsy40tru7k.jpg

MrAnthonysLoveClinic05fc100_zpscn4idvps.jpg

Good Morning all. Nice sight to wake up to this: thought of chasing this one too Doc, but have enough tough ones I'm trying to complete on my plate already. Congrats! :applause:

Oops, in my zeal accidentally included both of my issue 13's.

May a thousand Camels...OK, you know the rest :wink:

Anyway, what other 5 issue run has THREE Matt Fox covers? It don't get no better if you be a horror fan!

15s4iub.jpg

And this: super short lived title with outstanding covers! Also congrats Fifties! :applause:

( on a side note: who knew you and the Dr. We're such comedians ! lol funny commentary with a lot of your posts guys)