• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Set Awards 2015

130 posts in this topic

I'll always look at this time of the year as the Academy Awards at the CGC collecting community.

You might have a fancy-pantsy custom title, but the real thing of true accomplishment is having at least one plaque.

It resides in my medicine cabinet in my upstairs bathroom for some reason (by 5 Christina Augilera Aldo dog tag packages?). Maybe we should have a thread "Where did you put your award?" hm

DSC04574Large.jpg

Even if it was for Locke & Key. :facepalm:

Good luck and thank you to all the collectors who are putting an effort of hard work to bringing one of these bad boys home this year. :)

And to be honest, Reed, I am quite happy that you won. I understand my criticisms may sound like sour grapes but I would be just as critical if I had won. My set was undeserving. If I complete all descriptions and photos then maybe but you winning has freed me. I tend to be quite competitive. When you won it proved beyond a doubt, to me, that it was not a competition but a lottery. I don't gamble.

It has saved me quite a bit of time and money since I was often tempted to start another set. I have no desire to do so now and will likely be downsizing. So we are both excited that you won! (thumbs u

I know CGC has a really tough job in determining best set , especially when it comes to moderns, Reed's Saga Set is impressive and I can see why he won last year.

I will also say that it is a shame that your Jeff's Y and Chew set have not won in the past given the amount of detail and time he has put in with providing descriptions pics, etc.

And to be honest, Reed, I am quite happy that you won. I understand my criticisms may sound like sour grapes but I would be just as critical if I had won. My set was undeserving. If I complete all descriptions and photos then maybe but you winning has freed me. I tend to be quite competitive. When you won it proved beyond a doubt, to me, that it was not a competition but a lottery. I don't gamble.

It has saved me quite a bit of time and money since I was often tempted to start another set. I have no desire to do so now and will likely be downsizing. So we are both excited that you won! (thumbs u

I know CGC has a really tough job in determining best set , especially when it comes to moderns, Reed's Saga Set is impressive and I can see why he won last year.

I will also say that it is a shame that your Jeff's Y and Chew set have not won in the past given the amount of detail and time he has put in with providing descriptions pics, etc.

We'll see when Chew is done and I have all my OA scanned into the set. I would prefer it doesn't win until the series is complete. I just don't agree with your assessment.

THIS is impressive

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=55896

And this

http://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=82188

If he wins though this may be the 1st winning WD set I didn't contribute to. Why doesn't James have a set?

I'm going to sneak attack Ryan at the last hour lol

honestly Ryan deserves it... He's put a lot of time,heart....oh yeah and money into it.

I'm pretty diversified in my WD collection as a whole... I think a custom set is going to work best for me.But either way I'm just not ready to commit on the level of some of these other collectors.Jeff those sets that you listed are awesome... You can see they put their heart into it. For me it would just be a points grab at this point and in my opinion thats not what its about.

by the way thanks for all the sweet books I did get from you, there were some nice ones.

I started working to redo my Cry for Dawn set after last years registry awards. I wanted something a bit different with plenty of insight into the series as well as sharing some of the more rare things that I've come across. The end result is below. Aside from having the only 9.8 copies of any of the limited editions (4,5,6,8 and 9), I added some different things in each of the reverse images of the limiteds. I also tried to layout the summary and text a bit different.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think...

sig.jpg

I started working to redo my Cry for Dawn set after last years registry awards. I wanted something a bit different with plenty of insight into the series as well as sharing some of the more rare things that I've come across. The end result is below. Aside from having the only 9.8 copies of any of the limited editions (4,5,6,8 and 9), I added some different things in each of the reverse images of the limiteds. I also tried to layout the summary and text a bit different.

Take a look and let me know what you guys think...

sig.jpg

Presentation is very nice! Definite candidate for that particular award. Good luck!

On another note, the Walking Dead set competition is nuts! :popcorn:

We have some movement in the Walking Dead Variant set....... Its going to be a close one :popcorn:

hm how many books are being held back for last minute points

Someone needs to reactivate their ridiculously amazing set *cough cough*

I Started my Revival set 3 years ago and I am finally happy with it.

I still think it's missing something and it's a little busy at times but I think I need to break away from it for a while as I can no longer see the wood for the trees when deciding what feels right,

I know it probably won't win an awards (so many amazing sets out there better than mine) or even finish top of it's own set but as it stands I'm pleased with it and I'm very glad to show it off and as with all things it's the love of the comics that matter most to me :D

As with asteroid-comix set take a look and let me know what you guys think?

sig.jpg